Courtney Lee... the next John Starks?

We all saw him punch on Bron.... twice

he can stroke it from the corner

decent mid range j

posterizes ppl off either foot or both...

eerily reminiscent of my man john starks... down to the high yellow skin tone
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

since weve all seen the prince james jams... lemme take u back to this...
nerd.gif

vs

i'd say Starks was a much better passer, while Lee is a much better shooter and is more athletic.

John was a combo guard, while Lee is a natural 2 guard.

I don't see much of a similarity between of the two besides their skin color.

There's definitly simularities

He has been playing solid but I wouldn't call him the next anybody yet

eek.gif
at how high off the floor he is in that pic

Dunking on someone means going over them for the slam. Not getting a 1 on none breakway and barely avoiding getting stuffed from behind by a defender whocovered 30 feet in a second.

dont know what/who to call him...

i like him though, he seems fearless...

and def mad athletic..

Originally Posted by The Wizard

i'd say Starks was a much better passer, while Lee is a much better shooter and is more athletic.

nailed it

Originally Posted by SenatorJeffSmith

Dunking on someone means going over them for the slam. Not getting a 1 on none breakway and barely avoiding getting stuffed from behind by a defender who covered 30 feet in a second.
No one even mentioned that dunk
indifferent.gif

Dunking on someone means going over them for the slam. Not getting a 1 on none breakway and barely avoiding getting stuffed from behind by a defender who covered 30 feet in a second.

mike brown is that you....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Gregory House

No one even mentioned that dunk
indifferent.gif
Didn't OP?

he's a cavs fan so u know he was gonan run and try to defend Lebron

Courtney Lee is a potential Star.

John Starks was a Knick (Riley) system player.

C.Lee's game is
pimp.gif

cant wait to see him develop

Do the Magic have the best young Nucleaus in the League with Howard, Jameer, Lee... ?

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Starks won the 6th man without Riley

And C. Lee is about to be a multiple time All-Star.

He's a rookie and he's only getting better

He is the best guard in the floor in this series

They have similarities imo

Both can shoot it (John could shoot and score a little better though) and both have shown that they can get bouncy when need be. They share a lot of offensivesimilarites. But John was far better defensively and could pass a lot better.

Courtney Lee is a beast and he easily turned out being top 3 rookies this year

And I like how he doesn't respect King James

Originally Posted by The Wizard

Yup.

I've been watching C. Lee play all season, and he's made some great strides in his game, I'm constantly impressed with his composure and confidenceout there.

He has no problems driving to the bucket or pulling up and nailing a mid-range jumper. I'm really looking forward to seeing him develop and progress as aplayer.

sorry don't really see the comparison....Starks was simply a streak shooter and sucked otherwise....Lee is for real....plus like most was a huge Bulls fanin the 90's so I had to hate the Knicks and Starks was at the top of the list

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by NoneOfYours25

he easily turned out being top 3 rookies this year
nerd.gif

maybe I'm being bias because I really like his game and maybe top 3 is a bit of a stretch, but besides OJ and D-Rose what other rookies had a strong impacton his team this year?

Lee has played good defense all year and his offense has improved alot and not to mention hes been hittin big shots all thruout the playoffs

pimp.gif
the magic are gonna be real good very soon. I say this because I see no championships in the very near future for em.

of course they may make it to the finals this yr, but they'll never beat the lakers.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Infinite04

sorry don't really see the comparison....Starks was simply a streak shooter and sucked otherwise....Lee is for real....plus like most was a huge Bulls fan in the 90's so I had to hate the Knicks and Starks was at the top of the list
sick.gif
post in sumone elses thread...

if u werent born on or before like 87-88' exit now... u know nothing of mr. starks...

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/john_starks/index.html

look at the PLAYOFF numbers...

O and did anyone notice last night after the second time he piped on Bron and they actually showed it on TV (replays) he came back in the 4th quarter withoutthe mask? his agent/marketing ppl are on point
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by StephonUrkel

Originally Posted by Infinite04

sorry don't really see the comparison....Starks was simply a streak shooter and sucked otherwise....Lee is for real....plus like most was a huge Bulls fan in the 90's so I had to hate the Knicks and Starks was at the top of the list
sick.gif
post in sumone elses thread...

if u werent born on or before like 87-88' exit now... u know nothing of mr. starks...

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/john_starks/index.html

look at the PLAYOFF numbers...

O and did anyone notice last night after the second time he piped on Bron and they actually showed it on TV (replays) he came back in the 4th quarter without the mask? his agent/marketing ppl are on point
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Starks was a streaky shooter tho...
He shot us out of the last Finals game.
He was our 2nd option out of necessity, not out of talent.

And if you want to go off of playoff stats, look at his 94 playoff stats, the year we went to the Finals.
He shot 40% or under in more than half of the game we played, not to mention, he only showed up offensively in one of our Game 7's.
You're letting the dunk over Jordan cloud your memory

Back
Top Bottom