Courtside Magic fan demands apology from 'Big Baby' Davis

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Is this dude serious?[/color]
laugh.gif

[h4]http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...an-demands-apology-from-Big-Ba?urn=nba,162606[/h4]
[h4]Courtside Magic fan demands apology from 'Big Baby' Davis[/h4]
By J.E. Skeets

ept_sports_nba_experts-802757449-1242064012.jpg
I can't believe I'm going to type this, but Orlando Magic fan Ernest Provetti is demanding an apology from Glen "Big Baby" Davis for inadvertently bumping into his son after nailing the Celtics' game-winning jumper on Sunday. (Check out the video here.)

According to Shannon Owens of the Orlando Sentinel, Provetti says Davis shoved his 12-year-old son Nicholas with such force, that Nicholas' baseball cap catapulted into the air and his son went tumbling into his courtside seat.

Shoved. Force. Catapulted. Good words, strong words.

Apparently, Provetti sent an e-mail to the NBA League office this morning.

(Side question: Does anyone know how I can get my hands on this league e-mail address? I'd like to send a formal complaint, on Lisa Salter's behalf, of course, demanding an apology from Rockets forward Shane Battier(notes) for sweating all over her nice cardigan during yesterday's halftime interview. It's called deodorant, Shane. Look it up!)

Back to the nonsense: Provetti said Davis crossed the line, literally, and embarrassed his son:
"The NBA makes it clear to not cross the sideline," he said in a telephone interview. "If I cross that line, the NBA will take away my tickets. It's a double standard."

In the e-mail, Provetti said Davis conducted himself like a "raging animal with no regard for your fans' personal safety."

"A raging animal?" Are you kidding me? You're screaming bloody murder about an excited professional athlete accidentally bumping into your son at a sporting event? Oh heavens to Betsy! How embarrassing! Look, his hat fell off! Quick! Quick! Look at his hat hair! Take a picture!

Please.

This "concerned" father says Davis embarrassed his son, but then turns right around and brings even more attention to the footage (and Nicholas) by exaggerating the story and publicly releasing his son's name. Yeah, because that makes a lot of sense.

And the real kicker: Provetti used to be Celtics fan.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go pour a hot cup of coffee on my groin and blame it on Kevin Garnett(notes). His mannerisms make me jumpy, you see.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]For any who missed it.[/color]
2isfpth.gif

LOL, when I 1st seen it. I was like he pushed that guy. It was funny, but when you just hit a gammer winner you are in the zone and anythign can happen. Youseen what the ref did.
laugh.gif

a little off topic, but anyone got a video of when KG threw the ball in the stands and that one dude needed a stretcher
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Provetti says Davis shoved his 12-year-old son Nicholas with such force, that Nicholas' baseball cap catapulted into the air and his son went tumbling into his courtside seat.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Oh, please.

What good would a demanded apology do?

This guy's mad because his team lost the game (and chance to go up 3-1) on a buzzer beater.

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Oh, please.

What good would a demanded apology do?

This guy's mad because his team lost the game (and chance to go up 3-1) on a buzzer beater.
what he said and his team lost to the habitual line stepper at that.

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Provetti says Davis shoved his 12-year-old son Nicholas with such force, that Nicholas' baseball cap catapulted into the air and his son went tumbling into his courtside seat.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

The dad is a NT'er & doesn't want his son exposed to that "type" of lifestyle
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

oh the dangers and exposure to uncontrollable nba players sitting courtside. that's why I choose to sit up in the rafters 300 section @ Laker games.

Back
Top Bottom