CP3.III Review

I read the NiceKicks review, but still had a few questions...
1) Stability?

2) Traction?

3) Lockdown?

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Originally Posted by zoomkb24

I read the NiceKicks review, but still had a few questions...
1) Stability?

2) Traction?

3) Lockdown?

Any help appreciated. Thanks.
I would like to know too.

Haven't read anything about it having any type of zoom in it. And if this is true its very sad.

there isn't any zoom, it's all podulon. the traction felt pretty good but i wasn't impressed by anything else. i only tried it on once.

this is the info inside the shoebox, taken when i was trying on the shoe.

Originally Posted by Hardaway33

No wonder he messed up his knee. Where's the zoom?
This is very sad. I don't know any modern day basketball shoe from Nike/Jordan, that doesn't have any type of zoom. This is outrageous.
mad.gif

To add to this tread I went to my local Finishline. And tried them on and held them for quite some time. And I will say there very light super super duper stiff.( lol)

I mean like no type of movement on the shoes. You would literally play like 12 full court games to just break them in. But that's just my 2 cents.( not factual)

Originally Posted by jamergrady

This is very sad. I don't know any modern day basketball shoe from Nike/Jordan, that doesn't have any type of zoom. This is outrageous.
mad.gif

To add to this tread I went to my local Finishline. And tried them on and held them for quite some time. And I will say there very light super super duper stiff.( lol)

I mean like no type of movement on the shoes. You would literally play like 12 full court games to just break them in. But that's just my 2 cents.( not factual)
There are many (LBJ VII, Air Max Rise, Cradle Rock, etc.).

Originally Posted by FullMetal

Originally Posted by jamergrady

mad.gif

There are many (LBJ VII, Air Max Rise, Cradle Rock, etc.).
Ok let me reiterate what I meant to say

I don't know any modern day Nike basketball shoe, with out any type of air technology in it.

But on the side note. I can be wrong and probably is. 

From what I've conjured up, the Cp3 III's are using a newer rendition of the IPS system like in the Jordan XX's and I remember Tinker saying that there were air units in the pods.

I know everyone prefers zoom nowadays, but I still play in my Midwest XX's and they feel great, you'll definitely feel the cushioning when you add pressure on the shoe when moving down the floor since the pods are sticking out a centimeter or 2 from the sole.

Originally Posted by Jiffyl00b

From what I've conjured up, the Cp3 III's are using a newer rendition of the IPS system like in the Jordan XX's and I remember Tinker saying that there were air units in the pods.

Did Tinker say there was Air in the pods in the in the CP3.III?

Podulon sounds suspiciously like another way of saying molded Phylon.. and Phylon tends to bottom out fairly quickly.

Now i know why these are $110.

Originally Posted by swingshot

Originally Posted by Jiffyl00b

Did Tinker say there was Air in the pods in the in the CP3.III?

Podulon sounds suspiciously like another way of saying molded Phylon.. and Phylon tends to bottom out fairly quickly.

Now i know why these are $110.
Now these are a def no go.
tired.gif

ive been playing in mine for about a month now and they are still very comfortable. i havent noticed any bottoming out, which i have problems with with zoom air.

-the traction is definitely a highlight. the rubber compound used grabs the floor very will when combined with the tried and true herringbone pattern.
-they lockdown very well, i actually dont use the top eyelet when i play in them and still feel very secure. the eyelet below the top grabs the top of the foot so you get the support, but still allows for alot of flexibility which i like because i prefer low tops.

when i bought these, i went in assuming i was going to buy the kobe 5s after all the raving reviews from all the kobe stans on here, and ended up with these. in a side by side comparison, the kobes were definitely lighter and the heel zoom was nice, but the forefoot zoom is about the size of a quarter, and thats usually what wears out on me so i became discouraged with those. when i put on the cp3.IIIs they just felt good. they were soft, squishy, and all around plush feeling. even after numerous runs, they still feel like they did the day i bought them so i would definitely recommend them if you are still considering the shoes.

Thanks, mt. I have been looking at these since they came out and just couldn't make up my mind. I loved last year's model, best fitting shoe I had tried on in a while behind the Kobe's, but I too am discouraged by the Meta-Zoom. I like a little more coverage.

Guys it's true that the met bag isn't really giving a cushy feeling but performance wise I have seen the difference in acceleration and flexibility.
On the other hand I was discouraged to get the CP3.3 because of the CMP midsole and the not glove like fit like the ZKV, though the CP3.2 which I love have the same fit. I guess I gotta give these a try...

Back
Top Bottom