Cracking your neck. A long-term problem?

a_190x190.jpg

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Knuckles are so minor comparative to a neck though. I'm past the arthiritis concern of cracking knuckles. I'm talking grabbing the back of your skull and cupping your chin...Snapping the @!!% out of the rotation you get from you neck and literraly forcing your bones, that bubble, or something to pop inside one of the most crucial bone segments in your body.

Lately I've been doing this one on a consistent basis. from side to side and straight up, feels good man. But I've also been feeling more tense in my neck. I don't know if one is causing the other, but I've really felt like I need to hit the chiropractor up. Witch doctor or not, I need some more insight on whats going on in there.

I thought the neck was different because you're forcing the nerves in the spinal cord to roll over the spine and back

I still do it though
30t6p3b.gif

I think it's just carbon dioxide leaving the spaces between bones.  I crack my neck pretty loud and do it daily.  I think for years people said it caused arthritis but doctors debunked that.

i crakk mine at leat 20 times a day lol im sure its normal, I mean i bet you the cavemen even cracked there necks

Cracking your knuckles/neck/back does not lead to arthritis. This is just some old wives' tale or myth to have people stop doing it because it was unseemly. I haven't googled it but there was this doctor who cracked the knuckles of one hand for ~20 years or something like that and left the other one alone. Now, he's well into his senior years and does not have arthritis in either hand. Granted, he could be unique, but that's one testimony.

If someone remembers his name or tracks him down on the web, do share.

Originally Posted by 504 D1 Prospect

jeenewed wrote: cracking your back on the chairs in high school>*
pimp.gif

this.
yall got a video for this? i crack my wife's back buy doing the arms-fold-heimlich-maneuver on her but she's too frail to return the favor. and i can't let no man do it to me.

Originally Posted by JordanFean23

a_190x190.jpg

Bwhahahahha scrolled down & that popped up. excellent.

On a side note, cracking your neck won't mess you up but is it better to do it properly for long term? yes.

Back
Top Bottom