cracks on cracks on cracks vol Blackberry!

you can't even call us fanboys anymore. to all my blackberry loyalist, purists, and victims, the day is here.
i'll go ahead and clear the air. these are not iphone killers. these are not android os killers. speaking for myself only,
i've stuck with blackberry because i wanted a phone. plain and simple. i tried the iphone out for 4 months
earlier this year, it just wasn't for me. don't get me wrong, it's a sweet sweet device, but it seriously sucks as a phone
and texting device. everything else about the iphone 4 is hands down the best in the industry.

these phones below are for those of you still holding onto the 8300's (lmao), 8900s, 9000s, 9700s and god-forbid storms.
all i wanted was my blackberry to be able to surf the web without checkers and hour glasses, in addition to keeping all
my old features to justify my blackberry data plan. (i'm having trouble embedding the videos)
9900 bold
9810 torch slide
9860 torch all touch

BB7_devices.jpg

Finally CrackBerry Nation, the wait is almost over and it's about to rain new BlackBerrys. With the BlackBerry Bold 9900 and 9930 previously announced at BlackBerry World, Research In Motion just officially announced three more BlackBerry Torch models that bring the count of BlackBerry 7 phones up to 5. The BlackBerry Torch 9810 is the second generation of the sliding form factor Torch 9800, while the BlackBerry Torch 9850 and Torch 9860 (previously codenamed monaco and monza), are full touchscreen devices. Read on for the press release!

Press Release 
[h3]Research In Motion Introduces New BlackBerry 7 Smartphones
[/h3]
Largest Global Launch of BlackBerry Smartphones Ever With More Than 225 Partners Around the World

WATERLOO, ONTARIO-- (Aug. 3, 2011) - Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ:RIMM)(TSX:RIM) today announced plans to launch 5 new BlackBerry[emoji]174[/emoji] smartphones based on the BlackBerry[emoji]174[/emoji] 7 Operating System (OS). RIM, in conjunction with carriers and distribution partners around the world, is rolling out two new BlackBerry[emoji]174[/emoji] Bold[emoji]8482[/emoji] models and three new BlackBerry[emoji]174[/emoji] Torch[emoji]8482[/emoji] models, all running the powerful new BlackBerry[emoji]174[/emoji] 7 OS.

The launch of this family of handsets will be RIM's largest global launch ever and more than 225 carriers and distribution partners have already commenced or completed over 500 certification programs for these 5 new handsets.

Featuring RIM's next generation of hardware and software platforms, these five new BlackBerry 7 based smartphones offer users a variety of designs to choose from and deliver the ultimate in communications, multimedia and productivity.

The new BlackBerry[emoji]174[/emoji] Bold[emoji]8482[/emoji] 9900 and 9930 are RIM's thinnest smartphones ever, each offering a large keyboard and brilliant touch display. The new BlackBerry[emoji]174[/emoji] Torch[emoji]8482[/emoji] 9810 smartphone builds on the popularity of the BlackBerry[emoji]174[/emoji] Torch[emoji]8482[/emoji] 9800 and combines a large touch display with a convenient slide-out keyboard. The BlackBerry[emoji]174[/emoji] Torch[emoji]8482[/emoji] 9850 and 9860 introduce an all-new, all-touch design featuring the largest display on a BlackBerry[emoji]174[/emoji] smartphone to date.

"This is the largest global launch of BlackBerry smartphones in our history," said Mike Lazaridis, President and Co-CEO of Research In Motion. "The BlackBerry solution offers a best-in-class mobile communications experience that customers love and we think they will be thrilled by the faster performance, enhanced browsing and richer multimedia delivered by these powerful new BlackBerry Bold and BlackBerry Torch smartphones."

Next-Generation BlackBerry 7 OS

BlackBerry 7 introduces a next generation BlackBerry browser with a significantly faster, more fluid web browsing experience that is among the best in the industry. Combining the dramatically improved performance of the advanced WebKit browser engine together with the powerful hardware enhancements found in the BlackBerry 7 based smartphones delivers browsing results that are up to 40% faster than BlackBerry[emoji]174[/emoji] 6 based smartphones and up to 100% faster than BlackBerry[emoji]174[/emoji] 5 based smartphones*. Additional enhancements to this next generation BlackBerry browser have also optimized zooming and panning for smoother web navigation and optimized HTML5 performance for incredible gaming and video experiences.

RIM's new BlackBerry 7 based smartphones also feature Liquid Graphics[emoji]8482[/emoji] technology, with each smartphone combining a dedicated high-performance graphics processor with a blazingly fast CPU and stunning high resolution display to deliver a highly responsive touch interface with incredibly fast and smooth graphics.

In addition, BlackBerry 7 based smartphones continue the tradition of delivering the world's best mobile communications experience with a highly refined and integrated suite of phone, email, messaging and social apps to keep users connected and productive throughout the day. Recent enhancements include the newest release of BBM[emoji]8482[/emoji] (BlackBerry[emoji]174[/emoji] Messenger) which now extends the real time BBM experience to a range of other apps (see separate announcement on July 28, 2011). The updated Social Feeds (2.0) app has been extended to capture updates from media, podcasts, and favorites all in one consolidated view. The new Facebook[emoji]174[/emoji] for BlackBerry smartphones (2.0) app introduces features like Facebook chat and BBM integration that makes it easier for users to connect with their Facebook friends in real time.

BlackBerry 7 OS also includes a number of other pre-loaded applications and integrated functionality for increased productivity and collaboration right out of the box. The Premium version of Documents To Go is now included free of charge, offering users powerful document editing features as well as a native PDF document viewer. BlackBerry[emoji]174[/emoji] Protect is also pre-loaded**, offering customers the peace of mind that personal data can be backed up and secured in the cloud. BlackBerry[emoji]174[/emoji] Balance (announced May 2, 2011) is now integrated in BlackBerry 7, allowing users to enjoy the full BlackBerry smartphone experience for both work and personal purposes without compromising the IT department's need for advanced security and IT controls. And further, the popular universal search capability has been enhanced with support for voice-activated search, so users can now simply speak to begin searching their device and the web for information.

A New Performance Driven Platform

RIM's line up of next generation BlackBerry smartphones are built on a new performance driven platform powered by the latest BlackBerry software and hardware. In addition to supporting the new BlackBerry 7 OS, each smartphone also features a range of powerful hardware enhancements including a 1.2 GHz processor, HD video recording, 24-bit high resolution graphics, and advanced sensors enabling new augmented reality applications such as Wikitude that can be seamlessly integrated with BBM 6 – all designed to deliver the ultimate in communications, multimedia and productivity for users around the world.

BlackBerry Bold 9900 and 9930 Smartphones with Touch Display and Keyboard

The BlackBerry Bold 9900 series is the thinnest BlackBerry smartphone yet (at only 10.5mm) and the first to offer the perfect union of a high performance keyboard and touch display integrated within the iconic BlackBerry Bold design. The new BlackBerry Bold 9900 and 9930 are also the first BlackBerry smartphones to include built-in support for NFC (Near Field Communications), a new technology that is enabling many new and exciting capabilities, including the ability to pair accessories or read SmartPoster tags with a simple tap of the smartphone. Distinguished by its beautiful design, amazingly effective keyboard and brilliant touch display, the BlackBerry Bold 9900 series is crafted with premium materials including a brushed stainless steel frame that puts the finishing touch on a truly outstanding smartphone.

BlackBerry Torch 9810 Smartphone with Touch Display and Slide-Out Keyboard

Building on the popular design of the BlackBerry Torch 9800, the new BlackBerry Torch 9810 is faster and more fluid with high performance hardware features and the new BlackBerry 7 OS delivering an enhanced multimedia experience. Featuring a large 3.2", high resolution touch display and a distinctive BlackBerry keyboard that easily slides out to allow faster typing, the BlackBerry Torch 9810 truly delivers the best of both worlds.

All-Touch BlackBerry Torch 9850 and 9860 Smartphones

The BlackBerry Torch 9850 and 9860 smartphones offer the fast, fluid BlackBerry 7 experience in a stylish new all-touch design. With a spectacular new 3.7" display, the largest ever on a BlackBerry smartphone, the new all-touch BlackBerry Torch 9850 and 9860 smartphones are optimized for displaying web pages, photos, videos, and powerful gaming experiences and still deliver the real-time communication and collaboration experience loved by millions of BlackBerry smartphone users around the world.

Availability

The next generation of BlackBerry smartphones will begin to be available from carriers around the world starting later this month. Availability dates for specific devices from specific carriers will be announced in conjunction with RIM's partners.

Additional Information

For additional information please visit www.blackberry.com

I still have my 8900. I know its ancient but it works for me. Hoping the 9900 is decent. Looks good from the screen shots. I've got an upgrade that I've been waiting to use forever.

Life long BB user and for the last couple of weeks I have flirted in my mind about switching to an iPhone 4 but w/ this news I may just wait. I do have a feeling that if these BB's don't pan out along w/ OS 7 we might be seeing the end of BB in general.
I am keeping an open mind but at the same time I saw these same press releases for the Torch and OS 6 and that phone and OS were both huge let downs.

Originally Posted by langfor5

Life long BB user and for the last couple of weeks I have flirted in my mind about switching to an iPhone 4 but w/ this news I may just wait. I do have a feeling that if these BB's don't pan out along w/ OS 7 we might be seeing the end of BB in general.
I am keeping an open mind but at the same time I saw these same press releases for the Torch and OS 6 and that phone and OS were both huge let downs.
i'm in the same boat. i tried the torch when it came out, i returned 3 of them and said screw it, back to my 9700. i feel like this lineup is to hold us over until they get qnx developed. as long as the web browser is as fast as they claim, i'll be happy for another year.

I'm one of the biggest BB fans and even these phones are 
grin.gif
OS7 needs to be huge or like langfor5 said, I don't see RIM recoverying.

I loved my 9000 so I think I'll cop the 9900 and just hold on to that for awhile. Like OP said, I need my phone to just handle messaging and e-mail real well but if 9900 doesn't get a release on AT&T, iOs here I come. 
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by xtianp

grin.gif
OS7 needs to be huge or like langfor5 said, I don't see RIM recoverying.

I loved my 9000 so I think I'll cop the 9900 and just hold on to that for awhile. Like OP said, I need my phone to just handle messaging and e-mail real well but if 9900 doesn't get a release on AT&T, iOs here I come. 
embarassed.gif
there you go!
http://crackberry.com/att...-4g-blackberry-portfolio

I wanted the 99* but I read on crackberry, retail is going to be 299 after MIR.

smh, T-MO dumb as hell for that. if that's really the case, I'm not coppin on RD.

Former Blackberry user here, switched to the iPhone 3Gs and never looked back.

The only thing I miss about the BB is the battery life, I missed the "keyboard" for about two days, now I'm accustomed to the touch screen mode of texting (despite autocorrect
laugh.gif
).

I still know a couple of BB loyalist and the reason for keeping their BB's is
laugh.gif
.  One of them loves BBM'ing, I was never a fan of BBM'ing when I had my BB (Just text me
30t6p3b.gif
).  Always clown him that he would rather have a ***@ browser and OS just to BBM.  It's funny when he looks up scores, I'm looking at highlight videos.

Bottom line, RIM slept hard and it's getting is +%* kicked by Apple and the Android market.  RIM thought they had the business sector in it's pocket, it got comfortable, slept and Apple came in and slit it's throat.  Years later, RIM hasn't recovered, and probably never will.

I currently have the Torch. The only things keeping me with Blackberry right now are the call quality, physical keyboard, and long battery life. I was so disappointed with OS6 and how slow it was. Surfing the web is annoying because of the extremely slow speed compared to other smartphones in the market. I don't play games, so I don't really care for the limited applications. The OS7 does look promising though. I'll most likely remain a Crackberry user until the day another company makes a phone with as good of a physical keyboard and battery life, while having faster speed for surfing the web. The new releases all seem good, but I don't think the sales will be too great though.

I don't know why BB is releasing the Torch 2 first. Get rid of that garbage and drop the 9900 first. After watching a video of the 9900 in the 'wild' I'm sold I'll be a BB guy for another couple of years. 
Also saw T-Mobile is releasing the 9900 for $299 so you gotta expect that AT&T will follow suit. I believe the Torch, when first released was around that price range so I wouldn't expect anything else for at least the 9900.

Again I am a BB guy, through and through but w/ these releases they are just catching up to Apple and Android. For BB enthusiasts these are pretty exciting phones releasing but to the general public I just don't see a buzz like a release of the iPhone 5. 

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Originally Posted by Crumbs

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

Good luck with that

yeah, I know there'll always be die-hard BB users, but I think these phones might be too little too late for the masses
QFT. Ive had about half of my bbm list switch over to iphones in the past 2 months.

I miss my BB. Had the 8900 for a while and it had the greatest keyboard imo
Got a Mytouch3g now and its alright. Runs better and can do more than my blackberry could but it can be pretty slow and I cant stand the touch keypad. I swear like half the time I dont text people back is because I hate typing on that keyboard.

Originally Posted by chickhien

i tried the iphone out for 4 months earlier this year, it just wasn't for me. don't get me wrong, it's a sweet sweet device, but it seriously sucks as a phone and texting device.
tumblr_llgw7xEMbC1qafrh6.gif

Originally Posted by xtianp

grin.gif
only company that doesnt change their designs even less is porshce

I was playing with the 9900 the other day and was pretty impressed with OS7 and the touch experience on the phone. They'eve evolved and it did feel like a damn solid phone.

I'm sitting on the fence because iOS is solid, but the 9900 is looking good as well.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Originally Posted by chickhien

i tried the iphone out for 4 months earlier this year, it just wasn't for me. don't get me wrong, it's a sweet sweet device, but it seriously sucks as a phone and texting device.
tumblr_llgw7xEMbC1qafrh6.gif
pimp.gif

im hating my 9700 right now. its clicking enter on its own. like 7 times everytime i press something near the middle button. i opened it up and tried to clean it but there was nothing.

i would like to try the 9900 cause i love a keyboard, but i dont know if i want to for 500$

and ive used the iphone4 and its whatever, so im not eager to jump on anything really.

only BB ive messed with is the Bold 9700 only because its a phone provided by work. its free and i still didnt even want to use it. they need to do something else than just use the same rehashed designs. June their stock dropped 21% in one day, July they talk about laying off 11% of their workforce (2k people). They had the corporate market cornered and they even lost that as well.

Back
Top Bottom