cracks on cracks on cracks vol Blackberry!

In all honesty, I'm holding onto my Bold 9650 until the newest iPhone releases, hopefully early-Fall of this year as the rumors claim.

It's gonna be hard to let my Tour go, but I'm anxious to try out the Bold 9930.  I might hold off on buying it until the iPhone 5 releases just so my upgrade isn't wasted...

Originally Posted by nkwu11

I was playing with the 9900 the other day and was pretty impressed with OS7 and the touch experience on the phone. They'eve evolved and it did feel like a damn solid phone.

I'm sitting on the fence because iOS is solid, but the 9900 is looking good as well.

where did you try this out? I would love to mess around with one.

last of a dying breed.

If it's any consolation, the 50 somethings at my job love the blackberries

Originally Posted by LeClutchJames

iPhone 4 does not lack in messaging ....IMO
Texting on an iPhone >>> BBM

One of my biggest concerns when I switched over was the physical keyboard,
eyes.gif
.  I was skeptical about touch screen, the only reason I switched to the iPhone was 'cause my job was picking up the tab on my phone and our servers didn't support RIM/BB.  So I was kind of "forced" to get an iPhone.

Not going back, waiting for the iPhone 4Gs/5 to drop *bites nails*

jersey_shore_21.gif

Will have to see it in person to even fathom the idea of thinking about considering buying it. My 9700 requires a battery pull almost every hour after I had updated it's OS when it asked me to.

OS7 is not the major breakthrough RIM needs or they're advertising. I would definitely upgrade to the Bold 9900 from my 9700 but I'd much rather wait for the eventual QNX powered phones, and see if that brings RIM up to Apple and Android's level.

Again, I never understand why so many care what others spend their money on. If you buy a BB and expect it to be an iPhone then that's your first mistake. I can search the web fine with Opera Mini, is it the full web? No... but I don't need it to be. The apps and functions I actually need I get on my phone, if I didn't.. I'd buy a different phone.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

And using HeyTell on an iPhone >>> texting in general. Straight walkie-talkie up in here 
smokin.gif

I recently got the Torch Slider 9800.
This is the worst phone I have ever owned. It freezes constantly and the lock button is on the shoulder so it always unlocks in my pocket. 

I have had good experiences with the Bold and with the Curve, but I think as soon as I am able, I'm jumping ship.

I've never had a BB but I like the form factor. Can't go with that OS though, android has spoiled me

Naw b. Texting on a Blackberry keyboard > any touchscreen. I love the Blackberry keyboard, I bet money I could out type anyone with a touchscreen keyboard. 
laugh.gif

This is coming from a guy who desperately wants the iphone to come out on T-Mobile too. 
grin.gif
 I'll probably get used to typing on it, I suck typing on my touch.

When Will the new bold9900 be available for sprint users? I'm not too familiar with this kind of stuff.

I am an OG BB user and I don't believe that BB can be justified any longer. That 9900 is looking VERY good but there is no way, no way, no way that I am going to be in the store and choose it over a Droid Bionic (in the near future) or an EVO 3D (sprint). Hell, I wouldn't even choose it over any high powered android phone or Iphone.

No flash support on these new phones (reported). They are just barely getting 720P recording (1080p on phones is out now). And then the App support is buns.

When I had a BB up until last year my argument was

"I don't like touchscreens"

"I don't need my phone to do that" (yeah but you don't need it,....................until you need it)

"I don't wanna play games on my phone"

"I need BBM"
roll.gif

"I don't need apps like that. I just wanna browse the internet on occasion"

"Waiting on BB6, it is gonna change the game"

And then I copped an EVO 4g to try it out and could not believe what I had been missing out on. And for the same price too?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This phone has absolutely changed the way I use cell phones.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Naw b. Texting on a Blackberry keyboard > any touchscreen. I love the Blackberry keyboard, I bet money I could out type anyone with a touchscreen keyboard. 
laugh.gif

This is coming from a guy who desperately wants the iphone to come out on T-Mobile too. 
grin.gif
 I'll probably get used to typing on it, I suck typing on my touch.
http://news.softpedia.com...th-iPhone-4-153620.shtml
On the side note, iPhone is getting a BBM competitor. 

BB has to realize that they have to be innovators not followers because even w/ the release of these solid devices I still don't see them beating Android or Apple. I know that the RIM CEO's have been split on the direction they wanted RIM to go because they always thought they could just live in the government/business sector with there email servers. What they have failed to realize is that Apple has penetrated both of these markets and they have done it well. And now Android isn't far behind. When RIM started to lose was when companies gave employees BB's but those same employees turned around and bought out of pocket iPhones for personal use.
I can't remember which one but one of RIM CEO's said that he never wanted to see a RIM device w/ a name on it or anything having to do social media or an mp3 player in it. 

Just very frustrating to see a company like RIM release these new devices and try to sell them has ground breaking when really, in comparison to Apple and Android they are light years behind.

Using the Torch now and will continue to use until the iPhone 5 and the new Bold comes out. At that point and time it could be a 'game time' decision whether I leave BB for good.

I thought BBs were all but out of the reace, however I still see people that I know posting on their facebook status, and tweeting their BBMs and asking people for theirs like they just got a BlackBerry. So I guess this new line up is a good look? However, iPhone user since the drop of the 3 here.

Back
Top Bottom