CRAIGSLIST FLAKES???????

I've bought and sold a few shoes on Craigslist but it seems like more than half of the time people on there are super flakes.

You'll agree to a deal but then they never follow up

Is there a certain way to handle transactions to improve the success rate?

What techniques do y'all use to avoid flaking?

You can't improve success rate. It is what it is, that's part of craigslist business.

It sucks, but when you finally do find a buyer, it's all :smokin

I mean, I don't flake as a buyer, but there are some times, where I make the deal, and find a better deal 30 minutes later.

I just hit them with the "Sorry, I found a better deal" or just "Sorry wont make it today, something came up"

Last edited:
i'm super picky about who i deal with on craigslist. so many people out there will waste your time. i cut people off if they:

-ask for OD pictures/angles
-send a whole bunch of emails/questions
-make any type of special request

as a seller i always

-dictate the meetup location
-make sure i have a phone number

i sell a fair amount of electronics on cl and have a very high success rate. just can't deal with people's BS.

the last thing i sold was an unopened iphone 5. dude asked if he could take it out of the box, and i said yea as long as you let me hold the cash while you do. then he had the nerve to ask if i'd knock $20 off if he didn't open the box :stoneface:

oh and act quickly. if you come to a deal, make it happen that day. don't set a meetup date for a few days or a week later because these indecisive dudes will change their mind

Like bjamez mentioned, just make sure you guys agree to meet that day..Preferably within the hour you guys agree on the deal. I've had my share of flakes. It happens. Most people on CL are looking for astronomical come ups and start to have second thoughts when they feel they can find an item at a better price.

When i was younger and more immature, I used to agree to meet up with people who offered me extremely lowball offers or came across as rude when they contacted me and would have them waste time and gas to go to some random location in Compton. Then I would call them and say either one of the following.

"My friends told me you were totally ripping me off so I can't do that deal, sorry"

"Did you really think I was that stupid to sell you these for that cheap, that's why you wasted time trying to be greedy, gas isn't cheap btw"

Looking back, it was petty and childish of me but their reactions would be priceless.

Yeah I don't get alot these people, its like why waste each others times writing back and forth just to flake? Its like these dudes are in need of human interaction or pure bottom feeders.

Last edited:
I never really had a problem with people flaking on me. But I'm not going to sit here and say it never happened. I usually just move on and find another buyer. I've sold plenty of shoes on CL and had multiple offers.

If I have multiple people with the same offer, I usually take the person who offered first, if they flake I contact the 2nd person that offered and deal with them.

I hate these buyers off of Craigslist smh.
I'm talking to 3 dudes that hmu about some shoes and I have that feeling that they gone flake :smh:

had two deals fall through for the first time in the past two months. Met up with one guy to sell some OG 13's he looked at them for over 45 min and wasted my time and assumed they were fake. Based off of unconfirmed internet pictures.

had two deals fall through for the first time in the past two months. Met up with one guy to sell some OG 13's he looked at them for over 45 min and wasted my time and assumed they were fake. Based off of unconfirmed internet pictures.

How did he look at them for 45 minutes?

How did he look at them for 45 minutes?

we met up a neutral spot, he was looking up pictures online on his phone, calling a friend of his to send pictures of their pair to see if they were similar to the pair I was selling him. He pretty much checked every logo, label, tag, stitch etc. He was finally thrown off by the jumpman being smaller on tongue than it looked on some old distorted photo he found online. Biggest waste of my time ever.

When i was younger and more immature, I used to agree to meet up with people who offered me extremely lowball offers or came across as rude when they contacted me and would have them waste time and gas to go to some random location in Compton. Then I would call them and say either one of the following.

"My friends told me you were totally ripping me off so I can't do that deal, sorry"

"Did you really think I was that stupid to sell you these for that cheap, that's why you wasted time trying to be greedy, gas isn't cheap btw"

Looking back, it was petty and childish of me but their reactions would be priceless.

I always wanted to do this but didn't ever feel it was THAT necessary

I always wanted to do this but didn't ever feel it was THAT necessary

Ill admit it was od but whatever.

As a seller, I have no tolerance for bad buyers. I do all my meetups at a bank and have the seller deposit the funds in my account before I give them the item to avoid the risk of getting fake money or anything funny happening.

Had one guy agree with me on a price for a pair of ds shoes then try and nitpick and haggle on price after we already agreed to the deal. Tried to tell me "come on man I drove an hour out here you can do $150". Our agreed on price was $200. I just told him no and that if he didn't want to pay the price we agreed on that was fine with me, he's the one who drove an hour, not me and that I'd just Go home and sell them to someone else.

He angrily forked over the $200

About an hour later I get a text from him calling me the b word for female dog, I just replied back with a smiley face.

i'm super picky about who i deal with on craigslist. so many people out there will waste your time. i cut people off if they:

as a seller i always

i sell a fair amount of electronics on cl and have a very high success rate. just can't deal with people's BS.

the last thing i sold was an unopened iphone 5. dude asked if he could take it out of the box, and i said yea as long as you let me hold the cash while you do. then he had the nerve to ask if i'd knock $20 off if he didn't open the box :stoneface:

I'm the same way, especially on unworn shoes. With used stuff I post enough pictures and my prices are decent as well so I don't even entertain those type of buyers. My stuff sells so ill just find another buyer that's not a hassle.

This guy wasted 2 hours of my mine
I was selling a phone and spent so much time switching it to his account and when I finally did it dude is like actually I don't want the phone anymore.

join the illuminati? you can always say you are successful even if no 1 is really buying your items

Last edited:
No way to avoid it really. They're usually easy to spot though.

Google voice >* Forget that back and forth emails. It keeps all the text convos/calls and you can mark as spam the people who waste time so their calls/texts won't come through.

With flakers and lowballers sometimes I make craigslist post or posts with a very popular item with a good price (not too cheap) and include their phone number in the listing. :D

as a seller i always

Especially this. 

Had someone ask to meet half way. We agree on meeting on a set time. Dude hits me up 30 minutes before the meet if its going down. I'm at starbucks sitting there for like 45mins thinking where the hell is he. Dude never text or called back. wasted my gawd damn time  
mean.gif

Make your own terms, don't settle for theirs.

after you join the illuminati

1.keep pointing out how successful you are in your listing even though you are really not

2.inflate your offers when called about items

Last edited:
Agreed to buy tickets to a sold out game last week. Agreed to meet up early afternoon on Sat., since it was late Fri. night already.

Dude texted me at 9 am asking if we were still on, I wasn't awake yet. Woke up at 11, called him 2x right away and he didn't answer. Finally told me he sold them 2 hrs before the game was to begin :smh:

Pissed me off.

I can't even count the amount of times I've had someone on craigslist ask if I still had a shoe available and then immediately ask what size and how much they were when I respond. I don't get it. All of that information is listed in the exact same ad they saw the shoe in and got my number from.

I had this wonderful conversation about a listing the other day too.

Him: Do you still have the huaraches

Me: Yes, they're still available

Him: I want those
( I waited a while for some sort of responses after this, but nothing)

Me: Okay, I'm free today if you wanted to meet up and get them

Him: What's the condition

Me: What's your email? I'll send you some pics

Him: email@email.com

Me: sent

Him: cool

Me: Well what's a good meet up time for you?

Him: I'm at work

At this point I just stopped responding. I shouldn't have to ask multiple times to give me some sort of idea about a time to meet. It didn't even have to be that day. He actually hit me up again tonight about them too and hasn't responded back in about 5 hours.

Back
Top Bottom