Creating Websites and Blogs Vol. HELP ME NT!!!

Originally Posted by NoSlickRemarks

I think most avy makers that do not use Ulead on NT have the basic knowledge to become very skilled in flash....
I dont own the program right now but i know the basics
Flash+Dreamweaver+Photoshop= Money
haha thats what im saying...but can somebody elaborate on the PHP thing some more

This thread's looking like it'll be really helpful for people. I think I'm gonna major in something dealing with computers. Like coding and whatnot.

I dont want to threadjack and ask a bunch of questions dealing with this stuff, so if anyone on here is knowledgeable or has a degree in this stuff, and hassome time, can you PM me? I got some questions.

You also could learn some HTML/CSS and start hitting up WordPress themes layouts, blogs are big right now very profitable market and you only need to do 2pages (the one with the content and the pages). There are a ton of tutorials out there.

Also check for HTML templates, start modifing those up and start learning, see how the real programers do it and start coding on your own. That is the way Ithaught myself.

Also Flash is overrated, you can't put big amounts of text in it, Google doesn't index it's content really good, etc.

DreamWeaver has nothing to do with Flash, you can implement Flash objects in DW but that's it. DW it's a WYSIWYG text/code editor.

Originally Posted by ImNacho

DreamWeaver has nothing to do with Flash, you can implement Flash objects in DW but that's it. DW it's a WYSIWYG text/code editor.
yea...i just learned that...but now that i think about it more, i think i should start off simple making regular HTML sites and blogs then work myway up...but i would still like to know what im getting into so any info on flash or php would be helpful

Originally Posted by ImNacho

You also could learn some HTML/CSS and start hitting up WordPress themes layouts, blogs are big right now very profitable market and you only need to do 2 pages (the one with the content and the pages). There are a ton of tutorials out there.

Also check for HTML templates, start modifing those up and start learning, see how the real programers do it and start coding on your own. That is the way I thaught myself.

Also Flash is overrated, you can't put big amounts of text in it, Google doesn't index it's content really good, etc.

This man is speaking the truth. You can check out the WordPress as well, cuz the demand for it might be there too.

Flash websites are a nightmare though when you try to get them into Google on some higher spots in the search results. Google robots just dont see the content,so its IMO better to build a HTML/CSS website with some flash thrown into it for some proper effect.

As other people say PHP is the language to learn, but its really pretty hard, thats why there are not too many good programmers and companies pay big bucks forthem. The thing is, you dont need that right now.If you know you are going to ge customers for your flash websites, then go for it. Why not bank on it, whenthe demand is there even though its not a best thing around?

You say it is supposed to be a side hustle, not a real business right? You can concentrate on you customers needs and fulfill them, and not really explain whatelse is there for them. Just get them what they want and make money of that.

I say the portfolio is the most important stuff. Take your time builing it, do some stuff for your friends for cheap, just to show off, and when its done rightthey might recommend you to other people, so you can work your way up from there. Before you start getting your offer around on ebay etc. just make sure thatyou have more than one project completed, cuz a portfolio with just one is nothing. Also I think you need to enjoy that kind of work, cuz if you dont you mightget sick of it quick.

^^^i appreciate the help right there...right now im only working 5 hours a day so i have alot of time to concentrate on what im doing...i just needed a coupleof opinions and a starting point...are you in the business???

good luck. being associated with this type of business, it will be very difficult without any knowledge to just jump in and start charging people money,especially since there are so many places to get developers at very great prices.

however, ive seen a bunch of people/businesses pay for low quality work for their websites because they didnt know any better. so there is an opportunity formoney.

i am learning all that web design stuff cause i am unemployed and have nothing to do
hit up the library, get some books and start learning
build your portfolio, i done some volunteer stuff building sites for nonprofits, etc, got some decent money building simple websites
ive done some SEO at my previous job, but really havent incorporated it

im pretty good with the graphic design stuff, any suggestions/course outline on what a newbie should learn first as far as web design?

html/css
flash
javascript
ajax
php
xml

yea get some free books from library thats what I am reading up on now...haha i told someone my website they said they wanted 35% of business lol too funny

why is it so in demand??? people saying its the next big thing and thats where moneys gonna be coming from, but from what???designing them???i'm trying tobe prepared
laugh.gif

Great info in this post. I have been looking to create a sneaker retail website. finding someone who has experience with creating websites and interest in sneakers would be a good thing to find.

Back
Top Bottom