Cross Country...Vol. Roadtripping

What's good NT. I was wondering if anyone has driven across the United States? In the coming weeks I will be driving from SF to NYC so I would appreciate some tips, what to look out for and really what are the best places to pass by. I'm big on food, so any knowledge of cities along the way with some memorable meals will definitely be appreciated.

Although its out of the way, I will be making a stop in Chicago
pimp.gif
so local tips about there would be great!

Thanks fam, and I will be uploading pics as my trip progresses
smile.gif

A bunch of my homies went was able to visit every mlb park before the summer ended. they said yelp was one of the passengers.

Not coast to coast but a couple years ago, the GF and I drove from Salt Lake City to Maine (w/ several stops in between). We spent 17 days on the road and totalled over 6300 miles.

Def a good trip but I would need more time to do it right. We ended up driving 6-8 hours most days and being beat by the time we reached our destination.

We did hit a Red Sox Game. Fenway Park was well worth it.

No tickets either  
pimp.gif

Yeah we won't be spending that much time exploring. Only a weeks worth before we move into our place in NYC.

Mjgreat it will definitely be cheaper than flying, that's for sure

Originally Posted by bruza

Not coast to coast but a couple years ago, the GF and I drove from Salt Lake City to Maine (w/ several stops in between). We spent 17 days on the road and totalled over 6300 miles.

Def a good trip but I would need more time to do it right. We ended up driving 6-8 hours most days and being beat by the time we reached our destination.

No tickets either  
pimp.gif
How much did it run you? Like gas, hotels, etc.

My brother in law and my sister did that... in a Honda Goldwing motorcycle.  They just took a couple backpacks and a tent.  My brother in law brought like 3 or 4 shirts the entire trip 
laugh.gif
alien.gif
  They started from Huntington Beach, CA passed through the southern states first (AZ, NM, Texas, and so on) all the way to NYC... then on the way back, went through the northern states and back home to SoCal.  Then they took a week break to do laundry... then went back out on the road again all the way to Alaska ...   Trip took them 6 months.  Not sure how much they spent though.  But they saved money by staying in camp grounds most of the time... and not to mention motorcycles got pretty good MPG. 

^^ now THATS a journey. If i had six months to my name i would love to do that in Europe

So far the trip will be
SF-->Salt Lake City-->Denver-->St. Louis-->Chicago-->Cleveland-->Pittsburgh-->NYC

Can any locals give insights on things to do, places to eat in these middle cities? Much appreciated

Originally Posted by WErunSF

A bunch of my homies went was able to visit every mlb park before the summer ended. they said yelp was one of the passengers.
Thats cool 
pimp.gif
21j3903.jpg

Originally Posted by curious kevin

Originally Posted by bruza

No tickets either  
pimp.gif
How much did it run you? Like gas, hotels, etc.

I remember it being like $3k

Highly recommend stopping at Bryce Canyon National Park in Utah if you can swing it. Don't miss the natural splendor of our great nation.

i've done it...twice. both times from NYC to CA.

gas was about 400, hotels anywhere from 40-80 a night, and meals all the way across. easily about 2k.

i did the northern route...i'd recommend (in no particular order) south dakota, wyoming, michigan and montana. incredible places.

Back
Top Bottom