Cuba Skate: A Film About Skateboard Culture in Cuba - Update

What's up NT fam? I've been a member on NT for over a decade and seen this community do some amazing things for great causes. So, today I wanted to ask for your guys help with this project called Cuba Skate that I'm working with. Basically, myself and three friends are going to Cuba this summer to film a documentary about the life of three young Cuban skaters, and the skateboard culture in Cuba overall. In order to make the film as dope as possible though, we need funds to pay for skate gear for the Cuban skaters (they rely solely on tourists to bring skate equipment to the island), video editing and camera equipment. So we started a Kickstarter campaign to raise funds. We've got about five days left and are over 75% of our goal. If you guys can either donate, or spread the word through IG, Twitter, etc., it would be a great help. Below is a video with my friend MIles talking about the project and how it started.

For all those who are TL;DR:

• Making a documentary about Cuban skateboarders
  • Started a Kickstarter campaign to raise money for the film
  • Spread the word through social media

Here's the link to the Kickstarter campaign: http://kck.st/13wY8ii

And you can follow us on:
Twitter- @CubaSkate
Instagram- @CubaSkate

Thanks everyone!

06/03/2013

Just wanted to let everybody know that we exceeded our goal today of $8,000.00!!!:D I don't know if any NTers donated or if they just spread the word but huge thanks to you guys. The KIckstarter campaign is still on for another few days if you would like to donate on there. Thanks again bros. I'll be updating this thread with info as we go along.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ox.
As a skateboarder, Will be sharing. 

Last edited:
jjs136 :lol: I haven't had a chance to get the new board to update my post count. Just got this account login back. Thanks for planning to check it out later.

i've been skating since 2000 and i definitely have not heard much at all about the cuban skate scene.

i will share and good luck and congrats! 
nthat.gif

Came in expecting to see a film about Cuba Gooding Jr. skateboarding.

Left disappointed.

Last edited:
Can't wait to see the doc. You did good man.

Ninja is proud

Thanks a lot bro :nthat:

i've been skating since 2000 and i definitely have not heard much at all about the cuban skate scene.
i will share and good luck and congrats! 
nthat.gif

Thanks for sharing oxpenguin and we appreciate the congratulations!

Came in expecting to see a film about Cuba Gooding Jr. skateboarding.

Left disappointed.
:rofl: sorry for the misleading title. Hope you decide to check out the film when it comes out.

blogged the vid, pretty dope

Thanks a lot Patrik1that1. What's the URL for your blog so we can shout it out on Twitter or something?

Back
Top Bottom