Cudi WZRD jan 30th

These tracks seem like they would be
pimp.gif
live

Teleport 2 Me perforamce was
smokin.gif

I know how much everyone on NT hates this dude but i really agree with this review.  The album is a snooze. Theelementaryguitar riffs really kill it for me at times. And his voice on some of the songs (where did you sleep last night) make me cringe at times.

I am a huge cudi fan. But if there is a WZRD 2 before another MOTM I am going to be bitter. It sucks when he works so long on a project and it turns out like this.

I think nowadays people's ears are trained to like a certain kind of music, so when we hear somethin different we are quick to turn our heads. I wasn't feeling this album for the first 3 listens, and I was actually very disappointed at first, but after listening to it a little more the album has really grown on me. I'm a huge cudi fan and I can appreciate him venturing into a different "genre" with dot da genius. Yea I know the guitar riffs may be a little "elementary" and something you'd probably hear a high school garage band play, but the way they blend that guitar in with the rest of the sounds is amazing. Cudi has been playing the guitar for what, about all of one year? There's still some tracks I skip but overall this is a dope album.

Where did you sleep last night is a really good cover, Kudi came correct.  Iono first couple spins im liking about 4 songs, im sure the rest will grow on me. Teleport to me, Jamie is really good to. Good sample of the Chromatics, even though I feel like his voice and the sample are a little off.

Originally Posted by MrSwagtastic

I think nowadays people's ears are trained to like a certain kind of music, so when we hear somethin different we are quick to turn our heads. I wasn't feeling this album for the first 3 listens, and I was actually very disappointed at first, but after listening to it a little more the album has really grown on me. I'm a huge cudi fan and I can appreciate him venturing into a different "genre" with dot da genius. Yea I know the guitar riffs may be a little "elementary" and something you'd probably hear a high school garage band play, but the way they blend that guitar in with the rest of the sounds is amazing. Cudi has been playing the guitar for what, about all of one year? There's still some tracks I skip but overall this is a dope album.
Well said.

Idk man this album just has an artificial vibe to me. I guess I was expecting a true rock album (or cudi's best attempt at it). To me the album has no steady direction, for example Love hard starts as a rock song and ends on a dupstep steeze. It's just threw me off and I kinda feel like Dot just wasn't the producer this album needed. On the other hand a few of these songs are dope and I kinda appreciate cudi's effort.

Sorry but what the hell are you fans smoking? This "project" is +!%$$+$ terrible. It's faux-rock. It's rawk for people who don't like rock music. Slightly less annoying than Weezy throwing on a guitar but no less ridiculous.

"Where Did You Sleep Last Night?"
indifferent.gif
is this supposed to be grunge? Where is the passion? Sounds like dude is reading the lyrics off his iPhone.

"Teleport 2 Me, Jamie" was infinitely better when it was just a Desire track without the weird Cudi vocals on top.

The problem here is most people can detect this record is mediocre at best but because it's Kid Cudi and he's trying something "new" he's getting a pass. That is crazy to me. He's NOT doing anything new. He's not blending any genres. He's not pushing any boundaries. The problem is he's trying to play it safe by mimicking these other genres with incredibly underwhelming results. Cudi doesn't seem to get that rock isn't just about having a guitar riff.

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]What you gon' say to me? Hmm?[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]You want to tell me something?[/color]

Let it please be true

Now what you want from me?

Never mind don't say a thing to me

I want to see what's in your eyes

See they never lie

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MrSwagtastic

I think nowadays people's ears are trained to like a certain kind of music, so when we hear somethin different we are quick to turn our heads. 
I'm surprised it took this long for someone to use this, in defense of the album.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Sorry but what the hell are you fans smoking? This "project" is +!%$$+$ terrible. It's faux-rock. It's rawk for people who don't like rock music. Slightly less annoying than Weezy throwing on a guitar but no less ridiculous.

"Where Did You Sleep Last Night?"
indifferent.gif
is this supposed to be grunge? Where is the passion? Sounds like dude is reading the lyrics off his iPhone.

"Teleport 2 Me, Jamie" was infinitely better when it was just a Desire track without the weird Cudi vocals on top.

The problem here is most people can detect this record is mediocre at best but because it's Kid Cudi and he's trying something "new" he's getting a pass. That is crazy to me. He's NOT doing anything new. He's not blending any genres. He's not pushing any boundaries. The problem is he's trying to play it safe by mimicking these other genres with incredibly underwhelming results. Cudi doesn't seem to get that rock isn't just about having a guitar riff.

I agree with you, but it is better then lil wayne and id take this all day everyday over it. It was desire and not the chromatics, The mixing of his bad singing and her sample did come off pretty bad
eyes.gif

I just cant get into this project that much. The album's all over the place, like he wanted to do too much and couldnt figure out the best way to get it done, so he threw a bunch of random sounds together. Maybe the next WZRD project will work if he can find a single sound he excels at outside of hip hop, and plays to those strengths. But as of now, I really just want to see Cudi focus on what he does best and finish the MOTM series.

Finally bought the album. My problem isn't with the music, it's with the lyrics and the passion. Cudi has always had a talent of saying simple !!%% that made you go "Wow I relate to that !!%%" the simple !!%% he says on WZRD makes me just feel like "Ok. and now what?"

Whatever I'm waiting for the WZRD tour

Originally Posted by LaunchPadMcQuack

Can someone clarify something for me? I thought kid cudi was signed to G.O.O.D. music am i wrong?

WZRD and Cudi are not the same brah...

The 2nd half of Love Hard is so dope
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom