custom painting roshes

I really like roshes, and haven't seen many color ways that I've been into lately. So, i was wondering to custom my own roshes, what paint should i use to paint them? People have told me to use angelus paint, but i also heard i needed other paints to paint different parts of the shoe. is that true? let me know, man!

Thanks

I would also like to know! What paint/dye can I use for coloring the mesh that won't bleed?

Depends on what you're doing bro. Use angelus paint though for sure. If you're just painting the swoosh a different color, then you'll just need the paint & and good paintbrush. If you're talking about changing the color of the shoe itself, then your best bet is to get whatever color shoe dye and paint from angelus you would like, but you will want to use this product called "Golden GAC 900" in the process, which helps make sure the colors stay in the material. You could even use that stuff together with whatever color paint you choose to change the color of your sock liner with no bleeding if done properly

Last edited:
Depends on what you're doing bro. Use angelus paint though for sure. If you're just painting the swoosh a different color, then you'll just need the paint & and good paintbrush. If you're talking about changing the color of the shoe itself, then your best bet is to get whatever color shoe dye and paint from angelus you would like, but you will want to use this product called "Golden GAC 900" in the process, which helps make sure the colors stay in the material. You could even use that stuff together with whatever color paint you choose to change the color of your sock liner with no bleeding if done properly
How about for the sole?

How about for the sole?

You would want to use angelus dye first because the color of the sole is injected during the initial process of making the shoe. So use the dye first, then paint the sole so the color holds. Be very careful when dying it near the fabric so it doesn't bleed into it. You will also want to use a finisher which helps the paints flexibility so it does not crack as easy

Last edited:
@dquezad***9  I plan on painting my Roshes like these, and do you think I could just apply the blue Angelus paint directly onto the mesh (do you know how many coats?) and then add acrylic finisher and be done with it? Or is first mixing Golden GAC 900/Angelus 2-thin with the blue Angelus paint necessary?

I have the same Black/Gamma Grey Roshes as the picture so if this guy can do this custom, hopefully I can too

Last edited:
@dquezad***9
 I plan on painting my Roshes like these, and do you think I could just apply the blue Angelus paint directly onto the mesh (do you know how many coats?) and then add acrylic finisher and be done with it? Or is first mixing Golden GAC 900/Angelus 2-thin with the blue Angelus paint necessary?
View media item 893554
I have the same Black/Gamma Grey Roshes as the picture so if this guy can do this custom, hopefully I can too
You'd wanna mix it with the GAC bruh to make sure it bonds into the material. Otherwise you're risking it not adhering properly. If anything I'd go at least 3-4 coats. There's a video on YouTube by KingOfSneakers that shows how to paint a sockliner that would help you as well for a reference.You just wanna make sure that the color sits well and there isn't any lighter spots and then do any necessary touch ups. Make sure do give it time inbetween coats as well.

Last edited:
You'd wanna mix it with the GAC bruh to make sure it bonds into the material. Otherwise you're risking it not adhering properly. If anything I'd go at least 3-4 coats. There's a video on YouTube by KingOfSneakers that shows how to paint a sockliner that would help you as well for a reference.You just wanna make sure that the color sits well and there isn't any lighter spots and then do any necessary touch ups. Make sure do give it time inbetween coats as well.
Thanks man, I already saw the KOS videos and she talks about using heat pressing to dry each coat with a heat gun or dryer, but do you know if I could just let it sit in the sun to dry and how long that would take?

In that case I'm prolly gonna mix the Angelus acrylic paint with GAC at a 1:1 ratio and apply it to the mesh. I also hear about people mixing the acrylic paint with Angelus 2-thin to apply on sock liners, not sure how well that works on the roshe mesh though.

Last edited:
Thanks man, I already saw the KOS videos and she talks about using heat pressing to dry each coat with a heat gun or dryer, but do you know if I could just let it sit in the sun to dry and how long that would take?

In that case I'm prolly gonna mix the Angelus acrylic paint with GAC at a 1:1 ratio and apply it to the mesh. I also hear about people mixing the acrylic paint with Angelus 2-thin to apply on sock liners, not sure how well that works on the roshe mesh though.

That I'm not sure on as far as the 2thin. I would say do the heat gun method. The sun dry method could be a little more hit or miss as far as how fast/slow it dries...

Last edited:
so i have my roshes and want to m ake the swoosh yellow.... how would in start the process and what materials needed. i read the whole thread and still am confused

Back
Top Bottom