Customer kills a would be walgreens robber and some think he should be punished...SMH

A 32-year-old Omaha man planned only to pick up a prescription and buyice cream when he went to his local Walgreens in the Bensonneighborhood.

Instead, Harry J. McCullough III shot a would-be-robber, 18-year-old Marquail Thomas, to death.

DouglasCounty Attorney Don Kleine said Tuesday afternoon that McCullough's useof deadly force was “appropriate and justified

I think that unfortunately he did not have a concealed weapons permit and should receive some sort of punishment for it (descretional - like small fine or community service or something).. but that's about it.

if it was a home robbery, it would be a justified. But in a store, I don't think that was the right move on the shooters part. I think he should do some time for killing that kid

Heroes these days......
Dude acting like it's his store. If he was being punkd by the gun men, like straight getting pistol whooped or pushed, dragged, or something then cool. But dude was protecting some store, what if he got shot for being nosy.

at his house.... yes murk that fool

kinda effed up he killed dude, but he did have a gun pointed to the back of a ladys head, so that kinda justified... i dont know how i feel about this... i guess if it was a hostage scene i would feel different, but eff it, whats done is done... who knows he might have saved a couple of lives... but why would you put "bank robber" in the title if you know its a walgreens (judging by your cliffs) *cues Com' On Son.gif*

If the robber killed innocent people with that shotgun then he would've regretted not pulling out that pistol and shooting him.. He had no choice and is a Hero in my eyes and if he were to get charged with murder that would be stupid as hell

Originally Posted by BTK

if it was a home robbery, it would be a justified. But in a store, I don't think that was the right move on the shooters part. I think he should do some time for killing that kid
Why? The kid pulled a sawed-off shotgun out; he knew what he was getting into. This man shouldn't be charged with anything.

im with the shooter on this one. pull a gun out tryin to rob anyone, you might get shot.

i cant believe people honestly read that story and say he should be punished ...
roll.gif
two kids walk in with shotguns and ski masks and people are saying the killing wasnt justified ... smh x 1000000000000000000000000000000000000

indifferent.gif

Can someone drop some info on the permit thing?
I'm a little confused (sorry).

sad the kid died but I see nothing wrong...was he supposed to wait and hope the kid's shotgun wasnt loaded and didnt start poppin ppl off?

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

Heroes these days......
Dude acting like it's his store. If he was being punkd by the gun men, like straight getting pistol whooped or pushed, dragged, or something then cool. But dude was protecting some store, what if he got shot for being nosy.

at his house.... yes murk that fool
what are you saying? You have no idea what could have happened.  People could have been  hurt, but because dude reacted accordingly, all that was avoided.

People actually think the shooter should be jailed?
Whats wrong w/ yall...What if that was your mother, girlfriend/wife that had a sawed off shotgun put to their back?

i really dont think he should be punished...this story is a HUGE debate in my hometown right now and its pretty much divided the city.

I'd much rather see a would be bank robber dead, than an innocent store clerk or a customer.

Now, I dont know if the robbers would've killed anyone, but like someone said, if you "pull a gun out tryin to rob anyone, you might get shot. "

it was a good call, what the shooter did, he saw someone else in trouble and he acted upon it, he should get a medal, or key to the city, or something....
He's a hero in my book.

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

* A large group of people feel customer should be punished and believe if a black man killed a white robber he would've been charged.
correction...the black guy would have been mistaken by the cops to be the robber and would have been shot in a case of mistaken identity.

Originally Posted by BTK

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Your AvyXSn don't suit you well....[/color]
indifferent.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Props to the shooter....[/color]

he shoulda killed the second kid and shot them both in the face so their parents couldn't give them an open casket viewing at the funeral.

i have no sympathy for robbers. you live by the gun you die by the gun. those kids thought they were gonna go in there and get an easy come up but instead one got a one way ticket to hell and the other got a one way ticket to jail.

i already know little Marquail Thomas's mother is crying to the media, newspapers, and anyone who will give her an outlet to voice herself telling them that, "her little baby boy was a respecful child who would never hurt anyone"

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER

I think that unfortunately he did not have a concealed weapons permit and should receive some sort of punishment for it (descretional - like small fine or community service or something).. but that's about it.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

he shoulda killed the second kid and shot them both in the face so their parents couldn't give them an open casket viewing at the funeral.

i have no sympathy for robbers. you live by the gun you die by the gun. those kids thought they were gonna go in there and get an easy come up but instead one got a one way ticket to hell and the other got a one way ticket to jail.

i already know little Marquail Thomas's mother is crying to the media, newspapers, and anyone who will give her an outlet to voice herself telling them that, "her little baby boy was a respecful child who would never hurt anyone"
I can't disagree...

Back
Top Bottom