Customs

ever had kicks shipped from the US and NOT paid duty?

What's the most yall ever paid and how is it calculated? I'm trying to see how much dough im about to spend.
looking for the following in a size 12/13 - Hawaii Dunks, Black Spizike's

it all depends how much is the shoes worth on the box.
its better to declare it as low as possible.
but sometimes they do random checks and the tax amount does not make sense at all.

FS: DS size 10 AJ DMP package, DS size 10 AJ XIII low white/maize, VVVNDS AJ 11 Retro Columbia size 11, AJ XVIII towels all Brand new in blk, red, blue color.(send me ur best offer)

This has been asked numerous times and basically there's NO DEFINITE answer because it's a hit and miss...sometimes you don't get taxed, sometimes you do but not the full amount and sometimes you do and for the full amount.

So, just wait for it and hopefully you don't get taxed.
FOR TRADE AJ V Grapes sz 9LOOKING FORdOubleO @ gmail . com (just remove the spaces)

If you do get taxed it depends on which country the product is made in. I called customs last time I bought shoes from abroad and the tax rate for China, taiwan etc is 18% + 14% sales tax for ontario 32% total plus a brokerage/handling charge. So normally 32% range for items coming in that are made in those countries.

I have bought numerous pairs from abroad and never have been lucky enough to miss out paying, or pay a lower rate.
DS V metallics 11.5 FS, Local Pickup Toronto, Ontario, Less than CDN retail.

what if you mark it as a gift?

^ Doesn't work all the time...
FOR TRADE AJ V Grapes sz 9 LOOKING FOR AJXX2 sz 9.5 DS or FOAM PENNY RETRO sz 9.5 DSdOubleO @ gmail . com (just remove the spaces)

I had my carolina V's come like that. Gift with no value, customs opened the box and assigned a value to them and then charged me duty and taxes on it, as well as a nice service charge (everything is worth something). They gave them a $50 dollar value and then charged me $25 or so to cover the other costs. The gift with the low dollar amount has worked best for me. Usually declare it around 30 bucks or so and have no problem. When I ship I wrap the box in wrapping paper and attach a card i print off from my computer. No problems so far.
DS V metallics 11.5 FS, Local Pickup Toronto, Ontario, Less than CDN retail.

345 total for the Jordan XVII....That was from Eastbay....
Latest Pickups: Air Force 1 Premium (blk / blk-grn bn-lt grpht-spt rd) "Lucha Libre"

^on top of the price of the shoe? so you spent like $500+ on XVII's?
*** Barons swingman #7 ***

i copped bred 13s off ISS and didnt get charged duties cuz the seller marked it as a "gift"
WTB: LRG "unbuckle my buckle" belt buckle and Jordan XVII suitcase

F/S: 4th generation 20gb Ipod silicone case, blue, $20 shipped, msg me for details!

oh yeah and the problem with writing a very low value is that if they lose your package, that's the amount you get back apparently, so if the seller marks your DMP's being sent to you as $10... you're getting $10 back...
WTB: LRG "unbuckle my buckle" belt buckle and Jordan XVII suitcase

F/S: 4th generation 20gb Ipod silicone case, blue, $20 shipped, msg me for details!

damn, that sucks, lets hope they don't lose my package

You get the amount of insurance that has been purchased.
Trust me, i know.
And if u gonna buy 500 worth of insurance for a 50dollar item... hmmmm
Postal worked newman may call you out on mail fraud.

today.. I got Some Dunks from a seller and he didn't mark it has a gift but put the value 50 dollars and I didn't get taxed

Do not go with UPS... I used to work with UPS as a courier and I'm telling you now if your boy or connect in the US is shipping to you & messes up, they are going to take you for all you are worth - customs, brokerage charges, etc.

CBSA (CDN Customs & Border Security Agency) is almost as bad... it is really hit or miss with the Customs Agent that gets your package to examine. Keep the stuff valued around $ 20 USD value and you should be good to go. Shoes are getting to be a bigger screening target due to fakes and fraud issues but as long as I get my @#%$ I'm good.

Bottom line I've gotten stuff without having to pay customs fees of any kind so it can and does happen.
My refs. include:
khadafi252
ddot7
WallyHopp
Sixfootnathan
ThabusinessmanTO
KicksIsClean
gendoh00
KingPiff
XIShineXI
nickthesneakerkid
ekin95 (from ISS Running Forum)
& more I forgot :frown:

MAAAAAAAAAAAN, my **** still aint here, was shipped last week monday. It's prolly caught up in customs or i just got punked for 2 bills. :frown:

yea...never use UPS..they rip ppl off all the time. ask u to pay their brokerage fees when u get ur package..happend to me 3 out of 3 times.
FS: DS size 10 AJ DMP package, DS size 10 AJ XIII low white/maize, VVVNDS AJ 11 Retro Columbia size 11, AJ XVIII towels all Brand new in blk, red, blue color.(send me ur best offer)

^^^how much do brokerage fees usually run? Or how are they calculated? The UPS site is uselsess.

nevermind, i got my kicks with no brokerage fees, no taxes and no customs, via UPS

Are customs fees only from U.S.?

And where im a charged the fee?
do i get a letter in the mail or do they want me to come in somewhere before i receive the package?
---
There's One Life, One Love, so there can only be One King

its messed up man, you're charged when the package shows up...you have to pay the delivery guy, ive heard of bills being sent to people's houses weeks/months later. Sometimes you have to go into UPS and pay...The brokerage fees are a BETCH! point blank.

This is how you get charged

duty (depending on the value of the item)
gst/pst
brokerage fees (from UPS)
gst/pst on top of the brokerage fees.

If your shipper goes with the more expensive ship fee, you won't have to pay brokerage fees.

It's risky, but your best bit to avoid brokerage fees/taxes/etc...is to makr the package as a value of $10. Check the UPS site, they have the brokerage fees broken down by value.

If the value is $40, be prepared to pay an extra $40+ in brokerage/tax/cutoms etc... it's a ripoff.

Back
Top Bottom