D-League = AAA baseball?

I was watching the Mavs-Pistons game and Jeff Van Blundy made a good point about the D-League. He said that more NBA teams should buy a D-League team - likethe Fakers have the D-Fenders and the Spurs* have Austin.

This way, they could be sure their guys get developed the way they want them to and work on the tings that the NBA team wants them to focus on. Wouldn'tthe NBDL be better off if it were more like AAA baseball where each team had one single affiliate?

Thoughts?

I agree 100% A perfect example of this is Jordan Farmar
Take a look at Farmar stints with the D-team last year, he has developed into a pretty good young player.
He didn't have that much playing last year and if it wasn't for the D-league,
he probably would have just been rotting away on the bench becuase of Phil Jackson's refusal to play rookies.

More teams should really look into buying D-League teams, it's a great investment
Unfortunately for you ZoDogg, the Suns owner would never even consider spending the $$$ to buy another team.
laugh.gif

Yeah, but anyone who needs the D League is never really gona be much of an NBA player.....when High School kids were jumpin left and right it would have beennice to have

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Yeah, but anyone who needs the D League is never really gona be much of an NBA player.....when High School kids were jumpin left and right it would have been nice to have
Mikki Moore, Chuck Hays, and Kelenna Azubuike would disagree with you

Yeah, but anyone who needs the D League is never really gona be much of an NBA player.....when High School kids were jumpin left and right it would have been nice to have
It's not the fact that they aren't good, its just no matter how good you are (anyone after top 10 draft) there are coaches won'tdon't play rookies

Ex: Phil Jackson, Larry Brown etc

I don't really see it as too effective in regards to actually developing players. Like someone else said it would have been nice if high school guys wouldhave had the opportunity.

not just high-schoolers, but dudes need to quit leaving college when they ain't ready.

i dont think there are really that many players that an NBA team would want to keep around to fill out a D league roster. they would have to pay these guys andthe games probably wont make as much money as they are shelling out

^yea i think that's the case...i know the Warriors and Kings supposedly both use the Bakersfield Jam? I think

The NBDL is definitely good-look at the Warriors
pimp.gif

How tall is that guy between Brandan Wright and Patrick O'Bryant (when is he gonna contribute to this team??) lol at Biedrins being covered up by MattBarnes.

It really could be. Wouldn't it make more sense to have these guys developing these games within driving distance of your team headquarters, rather thanshipping them overseas and hoping to hear from them again 2-3 years down the line? You would think it'd be good for these young draft picks that won'tnecessarily play a bunch early on, foreign players, guys coming of serious injuries, to get on a court with NBA rules, coaches, teammates and opponents, andreally refine their games. It makes sense. Maybe not have an NBDL team for every single NBA team, but maybe pair 2 NBA teams together and combine them with 1NBDL team...

Where have you been it's already like this. Every NBDL team is connected to one or more NBA teams. It's not a free for all in the NBDL.

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Where have you been it's already like this. Every NBDL team is connected to one or more NBA teams. It's not a free for all in the NBDL.

I know that. I was saying that it should be a 1:1 thing like baseball has - that way the parent club has more control over the playing time and developmentof its players.

Plus, there's been a lot of talk about there not being enough room in the NBA to meet the needs of all the incoming players. Also, it would help give alittle more credibility to the NBDL if there were more support for it.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

not just high-schoolers, but dudes need to quit leaving college when they ain't ready.

Good thing Paul Harris listened to criticism and decided to stay.

Donte Greene needs to do the same. He's not ready for NBA in any aspect of the game.

In a few years D-League is gonna be big. More teams will start buying their own teams, helping other players join the NBA through there and have them playtheir rookies and give them confidence.

def a good idea. Cant cos tthe teams that much. Kinda like a practice squald player in football

^^^^ I agree and u see that there are alot of dudes in the NFL who wasnt big time players in college and some didnt hit college but still become valuable 2 ateam thru development

Back
Top Bottom