D Rose III *UPDATED* *NEW PICS*

These made me REALLY like the 3.5 but, just this colorway tho. These put the Home and Away 3.5's to shame.
Saw these in person and I def was digging the 3'5's design. IMO the gold on the year of the snake totally kills the shoe. It just seems unnecessary and out of place.

Saw them too. The 3.5 looks better in person but still can't pull the trigger for that price.

I now regret TOTALLY sleeping on the D Rose Nightmare release. I just saw them in person and I'm in love. Anyone know where I can still get a pair size 11-12 for close to retail?

I now regret TOTALLY sleeping on the D Rose Nightmare release. I just saw them in person and I'm in love. Anyone know where I can still get a pair size 11-12 for close to retail?
call footlocker.com and have em stock locate, my local house of hoops still has em

I felt the same way and was shocked to see them still in stock at my local footlocker.

I just did a search on footlocker and they had my size (13) along with 11, 12, and others. Still have them as I just did a search a second ago. Worth a look in your area at least if you haven't already.

Last edited:
call footlocker.com and have em stock locate, my local house of hoops still has em
I felt the same way and was shocked to see them still in stock at my local footlocker.

I just did a search on footlocker and they had my size (13) along with 11, 12, and others. Still have them as I just did a search a second ago. Worth a look in your area at least if you haven't already.
Thank you guys so much for the tips. I called Footlocker.com & they couldn't find anything but said the stores could do a stock locate all over the USA & have them shipped. So I'm heading there tomorrow with my fingers crossed.

Thank you guys so much for the tips. I called Footlocker.com & they couldn't find anything but said the stores could do a stock locate all over the USA & have them shipped. So I'm heading there tomorrow with my fingers crossed.
Could you update on how it goes afterwards? I'm planning on doing the same for 3.5 YOTS. Do we need the product code or just the name of the model good enough?

I know it used to be some specific #s for Nikes, not sure if its the same for adidas models.

Thanks.

Not true, saw these in plenty spots over the weekend.

Yeah I was at my local Footlocker over the weekend and saw them too. No rush on them now. First priority will be to scoop the remaining colorways of the 3 I want once they hit the sale rack and then turn my attention to the 3.5s.

The materials are good but the cushioning is really lacking. And I own some of the the Rose 2.0 and other Adidas so I'm comparing it off of that. Cushioning wise these cant be compared to Zoom Air or an air max bag. Something that you put on and feel instantly. I think whats going on here is that Adidas is just following the current trend in the basketball market. Pretty much every shoe has gone up in price. Brons, Jordans etc.And with Rose being Adidas top guy, they did the same thing and raised the price. Almost for no reason. Just because. What's the big difference in materials/tech in this shoe compared to the 2.0's? Not much and they weren't initially priced this way and those sat forever and went down almost 50%. IMHO, these would have been perfect at 125-130. And I've would've went down to Footlocker (with my bday coupon of course :D ) and made that purchase already.

You can't be serious, can you? These require a very modest break-in period, and the foam is significantly better than the 2.0 and even the 2.5.

People get confused by the "step-in" comfort, but you really need to compare it to the comfort while playing. Sure, bouncing around on the visible zoom in the LeBron Xs is fine in my house, but the shoe sucks compared to the Rose 3. Heel to toe is much better in the Rose, as is forefoot flexibility, and the overall stability of the shoe.

So I go to my local Houston HOH and lo & behold they had gotten a few more pairs of the Nightmare 3's in stock even though FTL.com said no store in my area had them. To make the situation even better they had mistakenly put the $160 price tag of the regular Rose 3's on them so even though they rang up $180 they had to honor the price on the shoe plus with the bday coupon I paid $146.14 out the door. Thank You Niketalk, I love how we try to help each other all for the love of the shoes!!!

Seems like a lot of people are sleepin on the Year of the Snakes.  Wore mine for the first time last night, no regrets!

wis i would have grabbed the YOTS.... but working 10ish hours max a week with more priorities than shoes kills that lol esp at 180 and the fact that the employee store didn't get them

dang man, i want the Brendas so bad, i figured i would wait them out until they go on sale, so wrong. . . . .

After balling in both (finally) I'm thinking the 3s are much better than the 3.5s. I wish I hadn't collected more 3.5s than 3s.

It really is insane. They SHOULD have cut prices after Xmas, especially if they had any inside info on Derrick not playing this year.

Maybe they didn't want to tip off D Rose not coming back. Would have killed the hype on the 3.5, although the timing of Rose's latest quotes is not great either.

At the very least the 3s should be reduced since the 3.5s have hit shelves. Anyone remember how long it took for the 2s to go on sale once the 2.5s hit? I think the 2.5s went on sale when the 3s released.

Saw the nightmare before christmas finally and have to say they are the best looking xmas shoes this year. Trying to wait until they get discounted but I think I might have to cave in and cop LOL.

Yea, the NBC is one of those shoes that look better the more you look at it. The away 3.5 colorway come close though. I'm not too partial to the YOTS anymore. The more I look at it, the more I wish I had bought an extra pair of a different color way.

Back
Top Bottom