Da baggy era, a fashion retropective.

WORSE..... ERA..... IN..... HISTORY!!! Glad it only lasted for 15 or so years. Pretty much one generation. 1992 - 2009.

THERE IS A GOD!!

I was 5’10” 140lb senior wearing 5XL Ts and size 38 denim, smh.

i wouldn't say the "worst" era, it just got progressively out of hand and too way extreme towards the end of it.

at 5'7"-140, i never went beyond XL, and got out of the baggy game before tall tees (thank god)

Girbarud shuttle jeans baggy was a horrible idea.
12c2a502c91b431b791d56e028f542f9.jpg

Mf'ers out here looking like a chained up death row inmate.

no he’s not. Cats been wearing slim clothes since the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, etc.

baggy era was an anomaly. Rebel stage

fam baggy clothes lasted almost 2 decades, hiphop for da majority of its life was baggy jeans...when i was young i remember thinking "damn RUN DMC & da beastie boyz had on some spandex"

Capo was da 1st hood dude to break da cycle..Skate Board P was da 1st period.

meanwhile now lil kids definitely laughing at da baggy era :lol:

Pretty much one generation. 1992 - 2009.

da most interesting years was da transition period when some people slimed up and others held out...made for some interesting photos :lol:

hell we fly high video perfectly encapsulated this..cam'ron still wore baggy clothes, Juelz was in transition, Jim Slimmed up :lol:

If the baggy era comes back I'll be well prepared... I still have most of my baggy clothes

Early 90s where this style was born out of... at that time, it felt so rebellious because the older generations couldn't understand it, especially paralleled with the hip-hop/gangsta rap influence...

Took until the mid-90s until my parents got around to buying me baggy clothes... and a few years later when I started buying my own clothes, I OD'd lol...

Around 2001-2002, we had 'free-size' white/black tees that we would cop from the corner stores that had them. Tees were literally down to the bottom of your calf muscles... It had gotten so ridiculous in my HS that we had to tuck them into our pants or we'd face suspension. Half the dudes in school had to dweeb out and walk around with the tees tucked lol...

I might've been 150lbs soaking wet, with like 25lbs of baggy clothes on... 4x Avirex jackets, big *** Girbaud shuttles, Big & Tall RL shirts, Akademiks Stadium, Authentic and M&N throwbacks... Not to mention local brands like SAMOS, Shooters, H.O.B.O., etc...

Fun times tho lol...

Ya'll think the baggy era will ever come back?

I pray it never does... at least until I'm in my 90's lol

Extra guilty here. Red pinstrip hat with red girbaruds with a red nascar jacket and my red slouch socks with the front of the pants tucked in them. Looked like some 80s jazzercise socks I’ll never forget those.

Back
Top Bottom