Da Looming Cancellation of Master Roshi VOL. When Ecchiness turns to Sketchiness.

So like I was on reddit Iooking up a rash solutions when this attention grabbing title popped up:

Unfortunately, the op is right. I know the stuff is wrong, sometimes it even annoys me like "why is there a panty shot rn", but I dead by overlooking the rapey **** that I'm reading or watching. Seeing how they got Pepe Le Pew out the paint, how much longer does someone like a Master Roshi have?

Roshi has amazing qualities to him in regards to his male students, and hell I have personally learned a lot from him. However, he & many other predominately male characters (especially the old men) be on some wild rapey, creep, pedo **** to female characters as a comedic trope, and we just casually gloss over it b/c the other great qualities they have.

Man did this to his students wife & in front of their daughter:
615697.gif

Also, Boku no Pico happened.

Last edited:
The thing is japan will continue to be sketchy and pervy so it’s not like the stuff won’t still come out. Japan don’t care. They gonna make awkward little sister relationships forever and ever

personally, fan service does nothing for me. But go on Twitter and the neckbeards will throw a fit

The thing is japan will continue to be sketchy and pervy so it’s not like the stuff won’t still come out. Japan don’t care. They gonna make awkward little sister relationships forever and ever

personally, fan service does nothing for me. But go on Twitter and the neckbeards will throw a fit
I’m aware if this. I’m more so looking at the promotion of the genre on the west. It’s been largely hinder up until recently after the seeing the success of the past the Dragón Ball films. The Broly film did so well that they lifted limited showing for its theatrical release.

It’s wild seeing ppl openly like this stuff nowadays b/c kids use to get bullied for being a fan of this anime. It was really stigmatized and demonized by media (the weird *** fans ain’t help), and the more visible it becomes as it transition from niche to mainstream. The visible the socially unacceptable tropes from it becomes and will be hyper focused on. Not to mention a lot of the negative propaganda towards the art form is b/c it’s a Japanese art form.

Netflix, Hulu, and even HBO now along w/other has had anime be the 1st thing I’ve on a homepage a few times these couple years, and I know w/ the way our culture is going the **** can be taken right away b/c of minority of ppl that never ****ed w/ it in the 1st place.
Lol wait till y’all find anime movies. from the 80’s. You gonna throw the whole thing away.
Here’s an example :lol:

I also think that stuff like AoT and Demon slayer shows that at least in the west the mainstream doesn’t like ecci stuff and it’s not the way to really dominating the anime game. So Netflix and crunchyroll likely won’t produce that kinda stuff for their originals

They are mad about Master Roshi and not Mr. Popo?

umar-johnson-speaks.png
idk what type of self-hate **** y'all be on w/ that "Mr. Popo is a *****" ****. He doesn't look, act, dress, or talk like any Black person I’ve seen. These been a few actual Black ppl in the show & they don't look like Mr. Popo. Popo looks like wherever Aladdin came from. I get more Black vibes from Piccolo or Beerus if we wanna go there.
I also think that stuff like AoT and Demon slayer shows that at least in the west the mainstream doesn’t like ecci stuff and it’s not the way to really dominating the anime game. So Netflix and crunchyroll likely won’t produce that kinda stuff for their originals
I agree, but not the stuff ppl will latch on like w/ video games. Leave it places like Fox News and GTA is the only type of games that exist. To hell w/ Mario.

When I was a kid I went out of my to use my allowance and have my mother take me Toys R U to buy the Uub toy b/c he was Black. I ain’t never Popo and said “he’s like me.”
EC9E8135-E6D5-4B31-A049-9E8A764BD123.jpeg

I didn’t know ppl thought Mr. Popo as a “Black” person outside of literally being black. That dude is an alien. Now if someone got offended by this then I could understand:

I even associated Android 13 w/ being Black despite him being purple. I ain’t never saw Popo as Black.

When I was a kid I went out of my to use my allowance and have my mother take me Toys R U to buy the Uub toy b/c he was Black. I ain’t never Popo and said “he’s like me.”
EC9E8135-E6D5-4B31-A049-9E8A764BD123.jpeg

I didn’t know ppl thought Mr. Popo as a “Black” person outside of literally being black. That dude is an alien. Now if someone got offended by this then I could understand:

Call him a Alien or whatever, but it's clearly the same stereotypical black character from all asian type fighting shows.
A bunch of unlicensed versions of mike tyson over the top personality
2109082-balrogsfxt2.jpg
Zack.jpg
453143-jaxversus2.png

First and foremost, let’s keep it 100. You didn’t know what “sambo” was, that why you never looked at it that way. Mr. Popo’s design is REALLY close to how black children were represented in the early 20th century.

oh cool, THIS is where we can have the "Dragon Ball Z is the Hot Pockets of childhood media memories" conversation.

can't lie, it was damn good back then but

...also, you gotta try real hard to not see the wilderness in Popo's design, they even painted that mf blue later on.

Back
Top Bottom