Dallas DJ offered 100k to change name to TexasMotorSpeedway.com for a yr...UPDATE : HE ACCEPTS!...

Originally Posted by seniosoul

Originally Posted by philly5fan

Hell yea Id do it without question...
no doubt me too.. and I'm against tatting my body
rules do apply though...
1.they pay for the tat and the cost it takes to change my name
2. the 100k is tax free.
laugh.gif
yea the couple hundred for the tat is the deal breaker?
nerd.gif

but nah it sounds good at first but think of the permanent advertising and buzz they are getting...and its someone in a prominent position to the target audience...nah they gotta come with more than 100k -

also he'd have to look into what it meant for sponsors/relationships of his radio station etc-

they already got 100k worth of buzz once this starts going around the net...they can just say nevermind in 23hours

Local morning radio show host Terry Dorsey has accepted an offer to change his name to TexasMotorSpeedway.com.

Dorsey made the announcement during Wednesday morning's program on 96.3 KSCS.

Texas Motor Speedway president Eddie Gossage offered the host $100,000 if he will legally change his name to TexasMotorSpeedway.com for one year and get a permanent TMS tattoo.

Dorsey said he will get the tattoo live on the air and will begin the process of having his name changed before Thursday evening.

“This may seem a bit crazy, but if you think about it Texas Motor Speedway will have a walking, talking billboard that is a well-known personality in the country’s fourth-largest media market,

Originally Posted by freshhh

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

depends on where and how big the tat is
nerd.gif

real talk. i never even heard of this dude, is he even pullin close to 100k for what he does?
Yes, dude makes high six figures every year. He is the host of a morning show in a top 5 market that has been around for years.

yea i'd definitely do it...they say only get tattoos that are meaningful and memorable...well this would be as memorable as it gets.

Only 100k?

Mother EEEFFFFFF that.

For being the media mogul that he is, (radio personality) he has a lot more leverage to squeeze out a lot more from the dude. He basically accepted the first offer and everyone knows you NEVER accept the first offer.

100k is NOTHING for that guy.

Dummy fo sho

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Originally Posted by freshhh

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

depends on where and how big the tat is
nerd.gif

real talk. i never even heard of this dude, is he even pullin close to 100k for what he does?
Yes, dude makes high six figures every year. He is the host of a morning show in a top 5 market that has been around for years.
so why go with this deal? I'd decline if I already was making a few hundred thousand a year.

no need to make a fool of myself for some more money...

i bet he could of gotten way more , hes 4th largest market according to them . 100k , they spend way more to advertise on less recognizable thing easily . To get a walking and talking billboard is a huge steal , hes advertising 24/7

some of yall dudes must be coming from alot of money, because the first thing a though when i read the thread title was, "they're giving him THAT MUCH?"

i'd change my name to something alot worse for a year for 100k

This is a no brainer. I'd definitely do it. Schedule your follow up tattoo appointment for 1 year and 1 day later for something cool to cover it up.

Back
Top Bottom