Dallas just lost to Oklahoma City by 9.

Dirk has only really impressed me this year, my respect for him has gone up. He is still an elite player in this L, this team is just buns.

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

Dirk has only really impressed me this year, my respect for him has gone up. He is still an elite player in this L, this team is just buns.
laugh.gif
Crazy thing about this team is that it isn't thatmuch different than the 2006 NBA Finals team... Still the same core group of players...

Dirk took virtually these same scrubs to the Finals...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
Crazy thing about this team is that it isn't that much different than the 2006 NBA Finals team... Still the same core group of players...

I don't know if I'd go that far.

We had better scorers we could rely on to SOME extent. On this team, we have Dirk, JET, and sometimes Josh. If one of them isn't on that night, unless Dirkgoes off, we lose. We could get away with Harris or Quis making up for our slack. I don't think I'd go as far to say that Quis = Wright. Diop was adefensive force back then. Stackhouse was actually good back then. We didn't have some depth in the back-court like we do now with Bass/Singleton, butstill, we don't have enough guys that can score on this dang team. I'd say our 06 team was more balanced, this team here when they're on areunstoppable, but our 06 team could fight off opposition. If we're down, we stay down.

Honestly I don't know how to judge these dudes anymore.

I mean they were only 1.5 games out the 4th spot and they throw up this sinker with JET back.

I find myself rooting for the bench players more than the starters, I really don't even know what the solution is either.

I wish we could have got Shaq but I don't know if that would be enough.

Its gonna be interesting this offseason.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Honestly I don't know how to judge these dudes anymore.

I mean they were only 1.5 games out the 4th spot and they throw up this sinker with JET back.

I find myself rooting for the bench players more than the starters, I really don't even know what the solution is either.

I wish we could have got Shaq but I don't know if that would be enough.

Its gonna be interesting this offseason.
I would have been fine getting Shaq, or any damn upgrade at the C.

they're the definition of suspect and i think its chemistry based

Kidd who happens to be my favorite player of all time really messed up the chemistry of this team. he still does decent work, but I still don't thinkeverybody has meshed well with his style completely. he needs to dominate the ball in transition, and I still see times when josh howard and dirk get arebound and dribble coast to coast rendering kidd's presence in transition useless

Dirk is clearly an elite player, but he is still very vaginal at times, and really he is not elite like that MVP trophy he has deems.

Josh Howard used to be one of my favorite young dudes his first couple years in Dallas cuz all he did was just came out to hoop and played like a glue do itall/glue player, but as his ability got better he switched his game up and I honestly can't stand to see him play now. He plays hard but his IQ hasdegenerated with the growing fame.

all of the old key role players are pretty much null and void (stack/diop/george)

you have the emergence of new role players (bass/barrerea) but in honesty this team just doesn't have the chemistry that is needed to get it done

westbrook
pimp.gif

when i saw they did it without durant + green
eek.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

edit btw

westbrook/durant/green/blake griffin
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

they're the definition of suspect and i think its chemistry based

Kidd who happens to be my favorite player of all time really messed up the chemistry of this team. he still does decent work, but I still don't think everybody has meshed well with his style completely. he needs to dominate the ball in transition, and I still see times when josh howard and dirk get a rebound and dribble coast to coast rendering kidd's presence in transition useless

Dirk is clearly an elite player, but he is still very vaginal at times, and really he is not elite like that MVP trophy he has deems.

Josh Howard used to be one of my favorite young dudes his first couple years in Dallas cuz all he did was just came out to hoop and played like a glue do it all/glue player, but as his ability got better he switched his game up and I honestly can't stand to see him play now. He plays hard but his IQ has degenerated with the growing fame.

all of the old key role players are pretty much null and void (stack/diop/george)

you have the emergence of new role players (bass/barrerea) but in honesty this team just doesn't have the chemistry that is needed to get it done
Josh Howard does this on offense:

Catches a pass, dribbles two, MAYBE three times, pull-up jumper. The guy avoids passing the ball like his teammates have the plague.

laugh.gif
Crazy thing about this team is that it isn't that much different than the 2006 NBA Finals team... Still the same core group of players...

oh, they're scrubs now?
eyes.gif

Jason Terry and Josh Howard are scrubs? that team won 60 games in the West. much better than the Heat's 52 wins in the East. they were MORE than capable ofwinning that series.

it sounds like you are trying to make excuses for Dirk after the fact...

Originally Posted by Tarvald Drama Chase

westbrook=overrated

L to anyone who doesnt think so

you're talking about the only rookie he has played better each month? really?

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

laugh.gif

oh, they're scrubs now?
eyes.gif

Jason Terry and Josh Howard are scrubs? that team won 60 games in the West. much better than the Heat's 52 wins in the East. they were MORE than capable of winning that series.

Nowitness has been preaching this for the longest time. I don't agree with him, BUT he has held this statement for a long time.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Let's face it.

The Devin Harris deal was a bad move, ie, nail in the coffin.
I haven't given up on this team because I'm a true homer and I won't admit defeat.
laugh.gif

But seriously, in concept, the Kidd deal wasn't a terribly bad idea. Dirk has been great since we got Kidd, and you'd expect that he'd make playerslike Howard and Bass to excel with Kidd, but... they didn't.

i use to be mavs fan, and i live in dallas.
tired.gif
nobody on that team isconsistant. Dirk has his games. But u cant always count on kidd, howard, and jt to get double figures. Dirk is on the down hill of his prime. Its too bad theydidnt beat the heat for the championship. I think that shady Ref had some a great deal to do with that
mad.gif

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

oh, they're scrubs now?
eyes.gif

Jason Terry and Josh Howard are scrubs? that team won 60 games in the West. much better than the Heat's 52 wins in the East. they were MORE than capable of winning that series.

eyes.gif
I've been saying that was a marginal team that had aGREAT season for the longest time... I don't care about winning 60 games in the West back then... The Western Conference wasn't like it is now 3 and 4years ago... Not even close... You bring that same team back to this Western conference, they might be the 3rd or 4thbest team... How is this Mavericks team definitively different than the 2005-2006 one? Devin Harris wasn't a real factor back then, and we've replacedguys like Marquis Daniels and Adrian Griffin with Gerald Green and James Singleton... What's the difference?
laugh.gif

And I never said they weren't capable of winning that series... Dwyane Wade went bananas because Avery took the "Take Shaq outta the game"philosophy and it bit him in the $*$... It is what it is... But that Dallas team wasn't clearly more talented than that Heat team...

And maybe you ain't noticed, but Josh Howard sucks... Unless you've watched this team extensively I don't wanna hear it... He's the reasonteams can swarm Dirk in the 4th and not worry about anybody else stepping up... Cuz he disappears from the game after 12 or 15 minutes... Catch, shot-fake,dribble, dribble, fade-away jumper...
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Every time...

If Jason Terry is your second best player, you ain't winning *#@$... This team sucks... Dirk still hasn't ever played with another legitimatesuperstar... He's still been carrying this team on his back since 2000, and they still haven't put the talent next to him to win a championship... Youdon't win championships without two legitimate all-stars... Point blank, that's it... I don't have to make excuses for him...

Back
Top Bottom