Dallas Mavericks 2015-2016 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports & Training' started by tktran, Jun 27, 2014.

1. tktran

tktran

Would like to get a thread started about the Dallas Mavericks offseason. Not sure how many Mavs fans there are on the board, but hoping there's a lot!

Let's start it off with a huge trade that brings back a fan favorite back to Dallas - Tyson Chandler. 

Here's our current depth chart after the Chandler trade:

Felton - Mekel

Ellis - Ledo

Crowder

Dirk

Chandler

It's pretty bare. Hoping we re-sign Harris and Carter, and Harris becomes our starting PG. Also hoping CJ Fair makes it onto the final roster.

Thoughts on Deng vs. Melo vs. LBJ, etc? 

2. addict4sneakers

addict4sneakers

I'm partial to the mavs. I live in dfw.

I like bringing chandler back. I like what Devin Harris did at the pg last season, but his health is always a concern.

3. 03silverbullet

03silverbullet

4. the 7th mile

the 7th mile

Tyson Chandler lol

5. tktran

tktran

Tyson > Dalembert > Haywood > Kaman

6. 85wasagreatyear

85wasagreatyear

anyone watched the legends play much this year? how's the ricky ledo project going so far?

7. tktran

tktran

Ledo is still raw, but that's what happens when you sit out a year in college. I've seen flashes of his talents, but he needs more experience. I don't see his role really changing next season. 

Here are some highlights that show his potential: 

8. SneakerProSr.

SneakerProSr.

My best case is Lowry and Parsons.

My worst case is Deng or Ariza on a bloated deal and scrap.

If Raymond Felton is your starting PG you are a bad team period.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  9. tktran

tktran

Agreed, here's hoping we do end up re-signing Harris. I don't mind Felton as a backup point. As long as he's a Monta-like rehab project, and not a Lamar Odom one..

10. dipsetgeneral

dipsetgeneral

Seen Ledo play pick up at my alma mater. Kid is sick. hopefully he gets PT this up coming season.

11. Naruto

Naruto

you guys think melo will come?

12. 03silverbullet

03silverbullet

no superstars want to play here unless they're at the *** end of their careers.

13. 85wasagreatyear

85wasagreatyear

thanks @tktran. i really hope he develops. at 6'7 that size and skill set is everything you want in a 2guard, he just has to mature and get that dog in him.

14. jrthumper85

jrthumper85

I can see Melo coming here only bc its almost his real only option of getting a ring. Look at how we handled the Spurs this season compared to everyone else who barely even won 2 games against them. I think Devin and VC are returning but won't have contracts till we speak to real stars and redo Dirk's contract.

15. tktran

tktran

So Dirk for 3/$30MM range. Can reach a Melo max contract number if we trade BWright but at this point, I feel like Melo is going back to NYK.

16. jonwin

jonwin

Also been noted that Mavs aren't looking to give a max deal to any of these FA's and I agree that I don't see him coming here. I think Mavs will look to try to get 2 good impact player signings with their cap space instead of landing that one big name.

17. tktran

tktran

Yeah, all these FAs are just trying to create more leverage in their next contracts. 

At this point, if Melo doesn't happen, I'd be happy with Deng, Harris, Carter, and Marion back with a mix of other role players. 

18. venom lyrix

venom lyrix

there's like 7 Mavs fans on NT.

We are few and far between

19. venom lyrix

venom lyrix

Melo isn't coming here, lets stop that talk. Don't even entertain the notion.

It's really unfortunate that Dallas, with an owner like Cuban and one of the greatest players of all time in Dirk, can't land a marquee free agent. Could it be the west and all the competition? I don't really buy that, I just don't think the Mavs are a "sexy" location.

Reading reports it seems like Matrix is a goner and the best fall back is to bring back Harris.

Carter I don't mind losing, I'm really impartial to him either way. If he comes back cool, if not, whatever.

Mavs have been in touch with Isaiah Thomas, I'd love to snag him, would be a great duo with Monta. Mo Williams and DJ Augustin are apparently on Dallas' radar as well. What does Luol Deng have left in the tank? If healthy he can be a replacement to Matrix I suppose.

It's hard to get excited for the season when all the talk of landing blue chip players, year after year, falls flat.

Here's to believing in Cuban to make a splash...

20. tktran

tktran

Let's keep it up then!

According to Woj, Melo is comfortable with Phil Jackson's vision. Players say they want to win, but I doubt Melo is going to leave so much money on the table.

This will leave us a lot of flexibility to field a well-rounded team. How do ya'll feel about Deng, Parsons, or Ariza at the 3? And Mo Williams as a potential addition at the 1?