Dallas Mavericks 2015-2016 Season Thread

Respect. Michael Finley is one of my more appreciated players since Wisconsin then Phoenix and Dallas.
Saw Michael Finley in LA as he was heading back to Dallas to see Wisconsin play in the Final 4. Totally ignored me, but he was one of my favorite players growing up. 

Shooting will be fine... just miss Calderón ' distribution hopefully Mo will take the 2.7 mil. There are better offers for him though.

Lance just wasn't a great fit for the flow offense. Parsons fits right in and is extremely long and is great off the court... Mavs always stress team culture.

He can recruit stars to dallas better than anyone else and I'll bet he will have a better year than stephenson.

My friends from Houston all talking **** about Parsons now. One even bet that Ariza would have a better year than Parsons. 

My friends from Houston all talking **** about Parsons now. One even bet that Ariza would have a better year than Parsons. 
That's laughable. Had his best season since 2009-2010. I'd wager a pretty penny Arizona doesn't match his 2013-2014 Washington numbers in Houston.

They all salty lol peep the Houston thread...

Rumblings that jason terry might be headed back here... he's trying as hard as he can to get em to buy out his contract lol saying he doesn't belong on a rebuilding team.

They all salty lol peep the Houston thread...

Rumblings that jason terry might be headed back here... he's trying as hard as he can to get em to buy out his contract lol saying he doesn't belong on a rebuilding team.
Yeah, real salty. 

Also read the same thing that Jason Terry would love to come back. I'd love to see him end his career him. Unfortunately he might see a role similar to what Jefferson and Lewis will see this upcoming season. 

Terry's decreased production the past two years in Boston and Brooklyn only show how great it is to play alongside a player like Dirk. 

Most fans don't put a premium on defense.
I'm the total opposite.
Give me a guy that brings passion and intensity on both ends of the floor.
I have more confidence in Stephenson defending Kawhi Leonard on the block than I do Parsons.

Man this is the most active Dallas Maverick team thread since I've been on Niketalk

Good **** fellas.

Jet would be awesome I refuse to believe he's not better than Mo Williams.

Most fans don't put a premium on defense.
I'm the total opposite.
Give me a guy that brings passion and intensity on both ends of the floor.
I have more confidence in Stephenson defending Kawhi Leonard on the block than I do Parsons.
I agree. Dallas just hasn't been able to field a consistently good defensive team over the years, outside of 2011.

This excerpt about how our 2011 succeeded due how the  skillsets of our players fit (offense and defense) is a good read. Recommended to those that like a little nostalgia about our great title run: 

http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2014/6/4/5777086/the-2011-mavs-and-the-pattern-of-basketball

Dirk's contract numbers by year:

2014-15 salary: $7,974,482 
2015-16 salary: $8,333,334 
2016-17 salary: $8,692,184 (player option) 

We have $639,158 in cap room left (per dallasbasketball.com). Not enough to bid on Boozer. Blair gone. Enough for Mo? What happens to Bernard?

We definitely could use a banger-type player. Right now we only have BWright and Lewis behind Dirk. 

Sarge is a complete waste of a roster spot... At least you could put Ivan out there and have him be a complete goon.

Dirk's contract numbers by year:

2014-15 salary: $7,974,482 
2015-16 salary: $8,333,334 
2016-17 salary: $8,692,184 (player option) 

We have $639,158 in cap room left (per dallasbasketball.com). Not enough to bid on Boozer. Blair gone. Enough for Mo? What happens to Bernard?
There's still the $2.7 million exception.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mave...22/who-are-mavs-targeting-with-2-7m-exception

What we need is a two-guard. We have more than enough bigs.

Donnie was on 105.3 earlier and said that they've given jameer and mo that 2.7 offer... Both have other offers on the table but mo is a bigger possibility living in dallas and such.

Wish we had cash to go out and get eric bledsoe... he's asking for a 5 year 90 mil tho

Bernard > ivan... dude looks like a goon but his offensive game is trash and doesn't block that many shots. At least Bernard will block a couple (his offense lackluster too lol)

Last edited:
Definitely asking for too much. He's been too injured to warrant that kind of contract. Who does he think he is, Eric Gordon?

Bucks look interested... so is Houston lol (after missing on everybody).

Him on the bucks would be nice... even out the conferences a bit.

Mavs sign F Eric Griffin to a contract. I'm excited about this kid. I liked him and CJ Fair alot from what I've seen in the summer league. 

Here's his huge dunk on Shane Larkin:

The Mavs used this image when they posted a tweet about season tickets:

Starting line-up confirmed? I still think Devin would be more effective coming off the bench with Wright. #LobCity

I'd prefer Devin in the starting lineup. He works great with Wright off the bench, but I'd be prefer his defense over Felton's in the starting lineup next to Monta.

I'd agree, thought Dwain Price said there's a possibility that Trix could be back on the room-MLE. I think ti comes down to Mo Williams or Matrix at this points.

Read on dallasbasketball.com that Griffin's contract might be partially guaranteed, structured similarly to Ledo's. No final confirmation though. If that's the case, Bernard likely pushed out. 

Back
Top Bottom