Dallas Mavericks Off-Season Thread: Welcome Dominique Jones.

The Sixers are our best trading partner IMO, especially with a new regime coming in for them.

If they're gonna get rid of Iggy, they will probably want us to take Brand's horrible contract too, which I'm not against if we give them Terry's contract in return. Wade and LeBron aren't coming and Chris Bosh might but I'm not even sure if he's the best option to play with Dirk since both are PFs. I don't want Joe Johnson if we're gonna give him the max. A trade with Philly might be our next best plan. I do know that Iggy is the type of do-it-all guard we could use and he's the type of freak athlete that would excel with Kidd.

I had to resurrect this thread because I didnt know if there was a Mavs offseason thread or not.

http://www.sun-sentinel.c...cy-s062810,0,12817.story

The starting gate of NBA free agency is about to burst open.

The Miami Heat just might win a triple crown.

A source close to Dwyane Wade said the Heat guard believes his team is poised to pull off a free-agency coup of landing himself, Cleveland Cavaliers guard LeBron James and Toronto Raptors forward Chris Bosh.

However that same source, as well as a party inside the league, told the Sun Sentinel that Wade also plans to cover himself during the initial days of the free-agency negotiating period by scheduling interviews with the New York Knicks, Chicago Bulls, and, in somewhat of a surprise, the Dallas Mavericks.

word is Dallas is going after Joe Johnson and he is their #1 priority

once Dirk resigns and they get JJ

a team of Dirk, Butler, JET, Kidd, JJ, + our bench would be solid.

If Phil retires I see us coming out of the west.

They said on the Ticket today that they were told by Donnie Nelson that they were offered a Lottery pick for Roddy B last Thursday...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

They said on the Ticket today that they were told by Donnie Nelson that they were offered a Lottery pick for Roddy B last Thursday...
I don't think that would have been in the top seven, and if it weren't in the top 5, there's no one I want to be honest.

JJ, Wade, Bron, I don't care, bring someone in.

As a consolation prize, I wouldn't mind a David Lee.
nerd.gif

Are you saying they should have done that? I like Roddy over anything available in the lottery outside of Wall and Turner.

Also heard Bulls offered Deng for Damp's contract. I think Joe Johnson is the backup plan if the LeBron or Wade things dont pan out. 

I'd have traded him for the opportunity to take Favors or Cousins, but maybe that's just me... Outside the Top 5, probably not...

I say why not. I'm not a Joe Johnson fan, especially for the max, but at this point, if we strike out on LeBron and Wade...we've got nothing else. He's still a top-5 SG and should continue to be for the next 2 years (I don't see anyone new cracking the top 5 in the foreseeable future). You gotta have two top-5 position players to win a championship and that's what the Mavs have lacked next to Dirk every year.

Ideally, I'd try to get Zaza Pachulia from them too. That way, if Haywood walks in free agency, we wouldn't be completely screwed at center.

I'd have traded him for the opportunity to take Favors or Cousins, but maybe that's just me... Outside the Top 5, probably not...
Yeah definitely. Anything else I'd be super MEH on.

I'm not a huge JJ fan either, but it's better than not making any move I suppose. HOPEFULLY with a crap more perimeter players and options, he'll be able to get free if we do get him.

As Donnie arrived at DFW for his flight to Germany today, he received a call from Holger Geschwindner. Holger informed him that he and Dirk Nowitzki were going to travel to Dallas tomorrow. Upon their arrival, the three of them will meet at Dirk's house.

As Donnie arrived at DFW for his flight to Germany today, he received a call from Holger Geschwindner. Holger informed him that he and Dirk Nowitzki were going to travel to Dallas tomorrow. Upon their arrival, the three of them will meet at Dirk's house.

YO! We need a offseason thread or change the title of this one since there are only like 5 Mavs fans here.

What do yall think about this latest rumor? I dont want any part of Beasley or O'Neil. I would rather just sign Haywood and keep him.

http://www.miamiherald.co...-miami-heats-dwyane.html

http://espn.go.com/blog/d...mor-makes-sense-for-mavs

The trade rumors coming out of Miami make sense for the Mavericks as a contingency plan.

The Miami Herald reports the Heat have had preliminary discussions about a sign-and-trade deal that would send Brendan Haywood to Miami for center Jermaine O’Neal and forward Michael Beasley. J.J. Barea might also be shipped to South Beach. (The Mavs will hang up in a heartbeat if the Heat ask for Rodrigue Beaubois.)

Does that 5, include me?
laugh.gif

I read on ESPN earlier, that the Mavericks were interested in signing Shaq. How do y'all feel about that?
nerd.gif

Trelvis, would you like that Miami/Dallas trade to go down?

Originally Posted by PLAYOFF12

I read on ESPN earlier, that the Mavericks were interested in signing Shaq. How do y'all feel about that?
nerd.gif
I dont think they will pursue Shaq, but I wouldnt mind him if he was here to backup Haywood.

Originally Posted by PLAYOFF12

Trelvis, would you like that Miami/Dallas trade to go down?
Hell no!! This is what I wrote on my blog

http://angrytrey.blogspot...-way-to-beasley-and.html

[h3]http://angrytrey.blogspot.com/2010/07/mavs-should-say-no-way-to-beasley-and.html[/h3]
[h3]Mavs Should Say No Way to Beasley and O'Neal!![/h3]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_BwMQiTTD5...pI/tRUp0zm0jSg/s1600/3+way+sign+and+trade.jpg
The Miami Herald is reporting that the Mavs and Heat have had discussions about a sign and trade deal that would send Brendan Haywood to Miami for Jermaine O’Neal and Michael Beasley. That might sound all fine and dandy to Mavs fans wanting the team to make some kind of move, but I say avoid that scenario completely!!

First on Jermaine O’Neal, has anyone’s game in the league fallen off harder than this guy? He used to be a premier player in this league, now he is just another guy. DallasBasketball.com has a posting up breaking down the similarities in stats between Haywood and O’neal, and on paper I agree, but those stats won’t mean anything if J.O. isn’t on the floor.

Jermaine O’Neal HASN’T played a FULL season since 00-01 and that year he still missed a game. O’Neal missed 12 games last season, 14 games in 08-09, 40 games in 07-08, 31 in 05-06, and 38 in 04-05. The guy is a walking injury.

Then you want to take on Michael Beasley also? Yeah, he might be a decent young talent but am I the only one that remembers him posting a picture of himself on twitter with bags of weed in the background? Do the Mavs really want another Josh Howard situation? Why do you think Miami wants to get rid of him? Because he didn’t develop like they think he should have. If he was great they wouldn’t be looking to dump him off.

I know Mavs fans are clamoring for some type of deal to get done to bring in a new, big name, free agent, but this is not the one Dallas needs to jump on. I would much rather just resign Haywood and keep him here than bring in those two knuckleheads.

Originally Posted by kiddwill58

THE MAVS WILL RESIGN HAYWOOD SIGN JERMAINE ONEAL AS HIS BACK UP N SIGN RAJA BELL

J.O. is washed up. Wouldnt mind Raja Bell here though.

i don't want to trade haywood for beasley / o'neal either . . i would rather keep him.

i've read rumors about al jefferson? . . do you check dallasbasketball? there layout is terrible though.

I don't like the idea of the Dallas/Miami trade, either.
smh.gif
That crap better not happen.

Al Jefferson?
eek.gif

I'd love for Al Jefferson to come to Dallas. I think he'll be a PERFECT piece.

Al Jefferson, Dirk Nowitzki, Shawn Marion, Caron Butler and Jason Kidd?
nerd.gif

yes to Al Jefferson.

Please don't trade Haywood...he is solid...and don't trade him for garbage like Jermaine O'Neal.

Im with yall. I would much rather have Al Jefferson over that other trash they threw out.

Originally Posted by ireminisce

do you check dallasbasketball? there layout is terrible though.
Yeah, I know the guy who runs its personally. Most of his stuff is legit, and he is in good with the Mavs. (That site was started by Mark Cuban in case you didnt know.) Sometimes though I just think he is a mouth piece for the Mavs to spew out info. I dont know though. Its a good site. The people on the message board annoy the hell out of me.

So is Al Jefferson where they Mavs turn now that they've struck out on any big players again?

So is Al Jefferson where they Mavs turn now that they've struck out on any big players again?
At this point I dont know and really have no faith on getting anyone that will put us over the top.

I think Cuban and Donnie are trying but with no cap space, the Mavs are in a bad position.

Haywood is back!!! 6 years $55 Million. Im glad they brought him back

Back
Top Bottom