Dame Grease vs. 40 & Bo-1da

Two sets of producers with a distinct sound.
Who cater to small market of artists so the sound is unique.
Who you got?

40 produces the majority of my album
Boi 1da gets my single
Dame Grease laces me a few bangers.

Originally Posted by LB81986

40 produces the majority of my album
Boi 1da gets my single
Dame Grease laces me a few bangers.

2nNqU.jpg

Dame Grease hands down.

He's been making classics for 15 years now.

Way more versatile than 40 or 1da.

If Dame Grease is the one who produced a lot of Max B's mixtapes, it's him, and it's not even close. A lot of 40 & 1da's
beats have these real generic drum/bass patterns. Drease is just dope all the way around, whether he samples or is
purely original.

i don't know how the man who produced "How's It Goin' Down", "Get At Me Dog", and "Ghetto Prisoners" can be compared to someone who produced the travesty known as "Speakers Goin' Hammer" and is the creator of one of the weakest drum patterns in the game.

Originally Posted by Frank Matthews

i don't know how the man who produced "How's It Goin' Down", "Get At Me Dog", and "Ghetto Prisoners" can be compared to someone who produced the travesty known as "Speakers Goin' Hammer" and is the creator of one of the weakest drum patterns in the game.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels like this. GreaseGOD
pimp.gif

Grease >*
Coke Wave was so legendary, all his %%+% for Max and French is incredible.

Dame Grease off the strength of the Fed's Taking Pictures beat, and the countless other gems he's laced DMX with.

To play Devil's Advocate, are alot of the classic tracks Dame produced actually because of his production or the artist/lyrics/entire creation of the song?

For instance, How's it Going Down is a top 5 DMX track IMO but if you strip away X's verses and the hook, the beat is simple and elementary. No real creativity in actuality.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

To play Devil's Advocate, are alot of the classic tracks Dame produced actually because of his production or the artist/lyrics/entire creation of the song?

For instance, How's it Going Down is a top 5 DMX track IMO but if you strip away X's verses and the hook, the beat is simple and elementary. No real creativity in actuality.
Nah, the production is a big part of it too

goonmusic1.5.jpg
dame-grease-and-dj-delz-presents-wave-gang-31.jpg
French_Montana_Mac_Cheese_2-front-large.jpg
french-montana-max-b-coke-wave-hosted-by-dj-whoo-kid.jpg
Max_B__Pd6_Walking_The_Plank_mixed_By_Dame_Greas-front.jpg

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

I fell like its the opposite. 
Dude is a real musician trained in real instruments and s_. All of his samples sound carefully picked and he makes tracks that perfectly compliment the artist and the theme of the song. That Faith "All I want is you..." vocal on "How's it going down" and the strings/flute combo is what really gives that track its soul. Like on "We'll always love Big Poppa", his production gives that track it's somber feeling. As nice as the Lox are, the beat steals the show. He doesn't try to overpower the MC and overproduce the track, he makes music to complement the rapper and make the song whole on some Motown s_. I mean dude makes Sheek and French sound introspective
laugh.gif

IMO, Dame is a real artist and 1 the most underrated producers in Hip-Hop history.

Word, I wish Max & French cared more about getting their music mixed that way Grease's production could have really shined

Back
Top Bottom