DAMN! Africa never banged with Ricky MArtin...

eek.gif

Damn that's nuts.. I thought my old HS teammate from over there was lying. Dude used to always say if they found out you were gay where he's from, well I cant remember exactly what he said they did, but it had something to do with the gay person and a burning tire.

He used to clown on our weed too sayin it was weak and smelled like cereal 
laugh.gif
said, "where i from, there's no puff puff cough cough.. you smoke our weed you die"
roll.gif
Muhammed used to have us rollin

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

Damn that's nuts.. I thought my old HS teammate from over there was lying. Dude used to always say if they found out you were gay where he's from, well I cant remember exactly what he said they did, but it had something to do with the gay person and a burning tire.

He used to clown on our weed too sayin it was weak and smelled like cereal 
laugh.gif
said, "where i from, there's no puff puff cough cough.. you smoke our weed you die"
roll.gif
Muhammed used to have us rollin
laugh.gif
 This dude here

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

Originally Posted by Nktran001

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by jawnyquest

$*!$!$% disgusting.. won't ever be going anywhere near that continent.
indifferent.gif

A story is published about homophobia in a continent and so you decide to stereotype an entire continent.

Imagine someone in Africa reading a story about racism in the U.S...."%$*!%* disgusting...wont ever be going anywhere near that continent".
laugh.gif

...and your point is?

laugh.gif

i don't think it's hurting anyone in the US if someone doesn't want to visit.

It's thier country...let them do what they want. 

As long as they are not committing violence against another country, what they do is their business.

Originally Posted by HOVKid

It's thier country...let them do what they want. 

As long as they are not committing violence against another country, what they do is their business.

So it would have been alright if Germany just carried out the extermination of its Jewish population and didn't attack Poland?

Originally Posted by StrongMind3

i love how the article is about Senegal but lumps the whole continent of africa together

Map of Senegal compared to the rest of the continent

senegal.gif

media...you gotta love it
smh.gif
iM COOL C wrote:
A wave of intense homophobia is washing across Africa, where homosexuality is already illegal in at least 37 countries

StrongMind: Care to fill in the other 36 countries on that map? Or would you prefer to be the pot to the media's kettle?
Carlos Tevez wrote:
It's ignorant to think an entire continent is a certain way because of a couple of articles and photos.

Be that as it may, what reasons did one have to visit Africa before this thread/article? Its not unreasonable to chalk this up as the straw that broke the tourist's back. Its not like people were falling all over themselves to get to Africa to begin w/so why is a statement about never visiting the continent so ridiculous?
Carlos Tevez wrote:
Just a couple of decades ago... it was a crime for gays to have intercourse

Couple decades ago? Try 2003... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_v._Texas

Originally Posted by TacC4

Originally Posted by StrongMind3

i love how the article is about Senegal but lumps the whole continent of africa together

Map of Senegal compared to the rest of the continent

senegal.gif

media...you gotta love it
smh.gif
iM COOL C wrote:
A wave of intense homophobia is washing across Africa, where homosexuality is already illegal in at least 37 countries
StrongMind: Care to fill in the other 36 countries on that map? Or would you prefer to be the pot to the media's kettle?
Carlos Tevez wrote:
It's ignorant to think an entire continent is a certain way because of a couple of articles and photos.

Be that as it may, what reasons did one have to visit Africa before this thread/article? Its not unreasonable to chalk this up as the straw that broke the tourist's back. Its not like people were falling all over themselves to get to Africa to begin w/so why is a statement about never visiting the continent so ridiculous?
Carlos Tevez wrote:
Just a couple of decades ago... it was a crime for gays to have intercourse

Couple decades ago? Try 2003... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_v._Texas
well, it just so happens that one of the most visited places on earth is egypt.  they got pyramids and stuff.  marrakech in morroco is said to be a "hot" tourist spot.  and there is also all the people who wanna go on a real safari, !#+% a zoo!  and countless places i fail to mention.

and the world cup(soccer), most popular/played sport in the world is about to take place there(south africa) this summer.  and with that comes a great team of marketers/advertisers ready to promote the #@!# out of africa and make it a viable tourist destination.

Back
Top Bottom