damn, just when you think you're over your ex..... (little bit of an update)

thanks for all the help so far, real talk, i'll be damned if i dont talk to these 2 girls tomorrow that ive been wanting to get to know

me and my girl of 2 years just broke up like a weekago.. that day I meet some girl and been talking to her since, but I still love my x i just cant be with her,need some space. But I hope she dosn't find out about this new chick cuz I will feel bad as hell.. but ya I just had to vent.. but either get her back or move on .. girls are suckers so you should be able to get her since you have 2 years of work put in.. if you don't want her go *&^% some chicks like asap and your mind will be clear.

it took me a while to start talking to other girls also but trust me once you put the pipe down it seems like your swag is back, and its easier to talk to them too since you know what you want from the jump and that's just friendship and benefits.

at least you're past the inital heartbreak. just broke up with my boyfriend last sunday. can't handle being with him when he still has a soft spot for his exgirlfriend (of two years from three years ago.) =/ ... you're in a better position than i am cuz he still wants to be with me but his emotions are conflicted. can't be competing with his first love..

OP there are many dudes who are going through a very similar situation right now and that includes me. Let me tell you what I did to help me through this thing:

1. She's not for you, if she was then she would still be with you. You said she treats you crappy, thats enough reason to realize she's not for you. She's with somebody else? Good so she can be his headache and they can eventually break-up. Get this situation straight you broke up with her cuz she sucks at being a g/f, maybe she had some good qualities but it wasn't enough...am I right?

2. You first goal is to better yourself in some fashion that makes you feel good, proud and happy at the end of the day. When me and my ex broke up I had no job, I had no car, but I was still able to provide for things from saving up and I had a good head on my shoulders doing my thing in college trying to be successful. What you have to do now becuase you have all this free time on your hands is better yourself in some fashion...work out like I do, volunteer which I do as well, buy yourself something nice, stack some bundles and take a vacation...etc.

3. Don't feel the pressure to get a g/f immediately to fill that void...there is no void don't let the girls who say things like "you complete me" and "your the missing part of me" get you all simped up. You came in that relationship whole and you left it whole. You only need a girl to complement you not to supplement you. Take some time and keep your eyes open for oppurtunties because I find that the harder I was looking for a girl the harder it was to get one. All you gotta do is walk your path and something will be walking the same way, you just have to capitalize(sp? i don't have time to spell check) on it

4. This should have been #2 but forget about her...keep it as aquaintances with the text but don't worry about the calls, get off that facebook/myspace b.s. and worry about yourself. She got a new man? so %@!$%@+ what wish that #%@+#!%+%*** luck and be glad you got a fresh new lease on life. Don't belly ache, don't whine, man up. Thats it.

GL.

p.s. if you want to know what happened with my situation, me and my ex go to the same college, she's with a new dude, and when I leave college she comes in so most of the times I see her.  I say a quick hi and i'm out.  She thinks that I want to conversate with her and she puts the brakes on her walk everytime, you should see her face when I keep walking...priceless.  I never used to dress up when I was going out with her, but now because I have to do clinical observations for my major and also volunteer at a deaf school I have too...she see's me sometimes and the first time her jaw almost dropped...that was satisfaction at its finest.  I gave her the face like "hey %!@## you should have stuck around, look at what your missing".  Thing is i never looked for moments like that to style on her, it just happened because it happened, so don't feel the pressure to style on your ex if you should ever run across her it'll happen eventually.

at least you're past the inital heartbreak. just broke up with my boyfriend last sunday. can't handle being with him when he still has a soft spot for his exgirlfriend (of two years from three years ago.) =/ ... you're in a better position than i am cuz he still wants to be with me but his emotions are conflicted. can't be competing with his first love..

she was my first love too, always going to have a spot in my heart but it'll never be.

Originally Posted by dtb00201

and girls wonder why guys are the way they are. It only takes one girl to break your heart and you have a completely different outlook on women. My situation was messed up, a couple years ago when me and my girl broke up it was on like a Wednesday, that friday she went out to the movies with one of her guy friends and a bunch of his friends. She met some guy that night and they started hanging out. I remember just sitting on my floor for like 3 hours starring at the ceiling and trying to text her. I was devastated. The next week I went to her work to try and take her to dinner on her break (because i read something on her myspace about dude). At dinner she was telling me about dude and stuff, and i asked her if she kissed him. She couldnt look me in my face. I made a big +%@ scene and threw money on the table without even eating my food and went home. Then a couple weeks later I get a call from her asking if it was cool to bring dude to a mutual friends christmas party. I told her no and she showed up with him anyway. Girls are so scandalous foreal. Because of how the break up went down I can't trust or open up to girls anymore. I look at them like pieces of meat now.

laugh.gif

Y'all broke up and she kissed another dude...what's the problem?

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Exactly, when things don't work out with dude, which it won't. She's going to be wondering what you're up to. When she trys to get you back just let her know she's out of continues.

eek.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 93SnakedFox

Originally Posted by dtb00201

and girls wonder why guys are the way they are. It only takes one girl to break your heart and you have a completely different outlook on women. My situation was messed up, a couple years ago when me and my girl broke up it was on like a Wednesday, that friday she went out to the movies with one of her guy friends and a bunch of his friends. She met some guy that night and they started hanging out. I remember just sitting on my floor for like 3 hours starring at the ceiling and trying to text her. I was devastated. The next week I went to her work to try and take her to dinner on her break (because i read something on her myspace about dude). At dinner she was telling me about dude and stuff, and i asked her if she kissed him. She couldnt look me in my face. I made a big +%@ scene and threw money on the table without even eating my food and went home. Then a couple weeks later I get a call from her asking if it was cool to bring dude to a mutual friends christmas party. I told her no and she showed up with him anyway. Girls are so scandalous foreal. Because of how the break up went down I can't trust or open up to girls anymore. I look at them like pieces of meat now.

laugh.gif

Y'all broke up and she kissed another dude...what's the problem?

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Exactly, when things don't work out with dude, which it won't. She's going to be wondering what you're up to. When she trys to get you back just let her know she's out of continues.

eek.gif
pimp.gif

lmaooo because it was so soon. We were still talking everyday and I was trying to get her back. Your right though, looking back now I really didnt have a reason to get so upset. I did a lot of dumb things at that time and made a promise to myself never to get like that again. Not gonna lie though, I did a tiger woods fist pump when I found out dude broke up with her right after watching that movie the notebook on Christmas day.

to all that are still down after breakup. Keep your heads up and DO YOU. Cut em off and you'll get thru it. I been there and its
smh.gif

its good to see a lot of mature responses in here
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by blacklion23

I've been there my friend. But it's time grow up, roll up, and move on. I got over my ex by spending more time with my friends. They keep me laughing. Laughter is good for the heart. Rolling up is too. But once I got back in the field, it was a new ball game. When dealing with new chicks I applied some things from previous relationship. Awww man, how good it feels to smash and be completely honest. "I just got out of a serious relationship, I'm just lookin for a friend." Just go kick it with some new females and chill for a while. Believe me, she is not thinking of u when she's with her new dude.

This.

I'm kinda going through the same situation as you right now, I broke up with her and now she's talking to a new dude. But it doesn't bother me, the guy is a lame, plus I'm already talking to a new chick
pimp.gif
Just get back on your game, and get out there and meet new girls, you'll forget about her in no time.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

OP there are many dudes who are going through a very similar situation right now and that includes me. Let me tell you what I did to help me through this thing:

1. She's not for you, if she was then she would still be with you. You said she treats you crappy, thats enough reason to realize she's not for you. She's with somebody else? Good so she can be his headache and they can eventually break-up. Get this situation straight you broke up with her cuz she sucks at being a g/f, maybe she had some good qualities but it wasn't enough...am I right?

2. You first goal is to better yourself in some fashion that makes you feel good, proud and happy at the end of the day. When me and my ex broke up I had no job, I had no car, but I was still able to provide for things from saving up and I had a good head on my shoulders doing my thing in college trying to be successful. What you have to do now becuase you have all this free time on your hands is better yourself in some fashion...work out like I do, volunteer which I do as well, buy yourself something nice, stack some bundles and take a vacation...etc.

3. Don't feel the pressure to get a g/f immediately to fill that void...there is no void don't let the girls who say things like "you complete me" and "your the missing part of me" get you all simped up. You came in that relationship whole and you left it whole. You only need a girl to complement you not to supplement you. Take some time and keep your eyes open for oppurtunties because I find that the harder I was looking for a girl the harder it was to get one. All you gotta do is walk your path and something will be walking the same way, you just have to capitalize(sp? i don't have time to spell check) on it

4. This should have been #2 but forget about her...keep it as aquaintances with the text but don't worry about the calls, get off that facebook/myspace b.s. and worry about yourself. She got a new man? so %@!$%@+ what wish that #%@+#!%+%*** luck and be glad you got a fresh new lease on life. Don't belly ache, don't whine, man up. Thats it.

GL.

p.s. if you want to know what happened with my situation, me and my ex go to the same college, she's with a new dude, and when I leave college she comes in so most of the times I see her.  I say a quick hi and i'm out.  She thinks that I want to conversate with her and she puts the brakes on her walk everytime, you should see her face when I keep walking...priceless.  I never used to dress up when I was going out with her, but now because I have to do clinical observations for my major and also volunteer at a deaf school I have too...she see's me sometimes and the first time her jaw almost dropped...that was satisfaction at its finest.  I gave her the face like "hey %!@## you should have stuck around, look at what your missing".  Thing is i never looked for moments like that to style on her, it just happened because it happened, so don't feel the pressure to style on your ex if you should ever run across her it'll happen eventually.
/thread
6oai93t.jpg

Im trying to follow this as well... 1 is Dead on..2&3 is wat im currently workin on... 4 is Hard though not gonna lie.. But that part takes time

Also the PS: part is what i am for next time i see my ex...

Good post

i hope she wasn't cheating on you... that was pretty quick maybe shorty had him sideline'd like that?!? naw, it can't be.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

GL.

thats some real talk right there. read that over & over till you get that through your head. 

and as tempting as it sounds, dont try to make her jealous or get her attention. its just going to show her that youre not really over it. focus back on yourself & your happiness.
we've all been there before & by this time in a couple of months itll been on to the next one.

and on a sidenote.. im really surprised by all the mature responses too
laugh.gif

little bit of an update, earlier last week she texted me one night saying she missed me and she loves me and wanted to talk to me and all that, and i didnt respond back or anything, but come thursday night, i couldnt help myself, i caved
tired.gif
, so we had a little conversation and it honestly put me at easy for the rest of the night. said she wanted to talk again the next day, blah blah, so i did and then when ever i would say anything, she had nothing to contribute, and the same thing happened last night. The %!+#% tells me how much she misses me and wants to talk and then doesnt say much of anything, and of course being my stupid self, i fell into it and now im feeling even worse now
tired.gif
frown.gif
, just wanna get over this !#@@
smh.gif

^ yeah, i know, i +!+%@+ up, i dont know what to do right now. Im not going to go out of my way to talk to her, i just dont know what to do if she comes to me first, i dont know if i should talk or just ignore her

I just broke up with my girl today and I know exactly how you feel.  As many people have already said, you have to look at your relationship as a whole because if it was so great you would still be together.  Stay away from facebook and work on you.

Back
Top Bottom