Damn my BMW overheated. Is it a wrap?

I was driving home from my sister and I hit something in the road (at least that's what I thought). Fast forward to about 10 minutes later......my car starts to fell real sluggish so I pull into a close parking lot. There is smoke coming out the exhaust and my car is shaking. I look at the temp meter and it is in RED.
smh.gif
I don't know how I didn't see it before but I just didn't see it. So I turn my car off but when the engine is shutting off it makes some terrible sounds
smh.gif
. sigh.....

check the oil...is there water on the dipstick? if so...might be a wrap, or very expensive to repair.

Originally Posted by bud dink

now you dont have to drive around in a nazi sled

since when did nazi drive around in bmws
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Btw, your car,
eyes.gif
, car problems give me headaches.

Engine problems are usually a wrap. I say sell it.
devil.gif

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

since when did nazi drive around in bmws
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Btw, your car,
eyes.gif
, car problems give me headaches.

Engine problems are usually a wrap. I say sell it.
devil.gif

Old saying German makers= So Called Nazi's i.e. Nazi Sled...

Good luck pro i couldnt even imagine that going down for me i'd die at all the work i put into my car..

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

When it cools off, I should be able to drive it home right?
Yea, but I wouldn't. If your belt is is broken, then that would be a very good reason as to why it's overheating(it controls your water pump). Is there anykind of leaks? or smells?

Anyways, I would just call a tow truck and have it towed to either the dealer or a indy. The problem could be something very small and driving it even a little bit can make it a huge one.

No. i suggest getting it towed to a shop authorized to fix Bimmers. Do not take it to the dealership, take it to a shop/someone who is certified to work on Bimmers. I'm not sure where you're from but out here in Cali...BMW charges $160 per hour for labor.

Is this an E46??? Water pump is one of the parts that usually go out and needs to be replaced every XXXXX miles. did your expansion tank explode or crack?

- another thing that might be causing is your Head gasket or your aux fan (mostly on 5-speed models)

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

When it cools off, I should be able to drive it home right?
Yea, but I wouldn't. If your belt is is broken, then that would be a very good reason as to why it's overheating(it controls your water pump). Is there anykind of leaks? or smells?

Anyways, I would just call a tow truck and have it towed to either the dealer or a indy. The problem could be something very small and driving it even a little bit can make it a huge one.
well I live like 3 blocks from where I parked it. It prolly won't even have time to heat up to be honest. I was planning on giving it 6 hours before I went to get it. If that still is a terrible idea then.............let me know

Originally Posted by i just got lucky

No. i suggest getting it towed to a shop authorized to fix Bimmers. Do not take it to the dealership, take it to a shop/someone who is certified to work on Bimmers. I'm not sure where you're from but out here in Cali...BMW charges $160 per hour for labor.

Is this an E46??? Water pump is one of the parts that usually go out and needs to be replaced every XXXXX miles. did your expansion tank explode or crack?

- another thing that might be causing is your Head gasket or your aux fan (mostly on 5-speed models)
The belt broke off the fan. that is the sound that I heard. I just thought hit something in the road and kept it movin'
smh.gif

so people who drive japanese makes drive kamikaze sleds?

and everybones opinion is void, you need to get a diagnostic test asap. best advice in here is to get it towed.

Oh and it is just a 330xi with almost exactly 100k on it. Been having various problem with it since like 80K though
smh.gif

The belt broke off the fan. that is the sound that I heard. I just thought hit something in the road and kept it movin'
smh.gif

it might just be the belt...it happened to me a while back when a cat some how got inside my hood.  in between the radiator and the aux fan to be exact.  My car overheated...snapped belt and my expansion tank exploded.  It was actually a pretty easy fix.  I spent about 300 on parts and a 200 on labor.  Towing the car broke the bank...i didnt know dude will charge me by the mile. 
sick.gif

n591077400_647393_9232.jpg

n591077400_647391_8673.jpg

frown.gif

smh.gif

it might just be the belt...it happened to me a while back when a cat some how got inside my hood.  in between the radiator and the aux fan to be exact.  My car overheated...snapped belt and my expansion tank exploded.  It was actually a pretty easy fix.  I spent about 300 on parts and a 200 on labor.  Towing the car broke the bank...i didnt know dude will charge me by the mile. 
sick.gif

n591077400_647393_9232.jpg

frown.gif

Sucks for the cat.  Long story short - my brother did something similar, only the cat survived the drive to his work, completely unscathed.

it might just be the belt...it happened to me a while back when a cat some how got inside my hood.  in between the radiator and the aux fan to be exact. 

frown.gif

Damn cat!
sick.gif

E46 BMW are known for cooling problems. If the engine hits the red it will usually mean bent rods etc. (aka new engine) With 100k the car is basically totaled. Time to get an M3 engine swapped in.

Back
Top Bottom