Damn, this just hit me like a sack of bricks...

Man,
frown.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

There are some good people in the world, better men than myself. I have iteasy.

[h1]Man who lost family when jet hit house: I don't blame pilot[/h1]
SAN DIEGO, California (CNN) -- A Korean immigrant who lost his wife, twochildren and mother-in-law when a Marine Corps jet slammed into the family's house said Tuesday he did not blame the pilot, who ejected andsurvived.

art.plane.crash.presser.cnn.jpg

Dong Yun Yoon addresses reporters Tuesday, a day after a jet crashed into his home and killed four of his relatives

corner_wire_BL.gif

"Please pray for him not to suffer from this accident," a distraught Dong Yun Yoon toldreporters gathered near the site of Monday's crash of an F/A-18D jet in San Diego's University City community.

"He is one of our treasures for the country," Yoon said in accented English punctuated by long pauses while he triedto maintain his composure.

"I don't blame him. I don't have any hard feelings. I know he did everything he could,"said Yoon, flanked by members of San Diego's Korean community, relatives and members from the family's church.http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/12/09/military.jet.crash/index.html#cnnSTCVideo

Authorities said four people died when thejet crashed into the Yoon family's house while the pilot was trying to reach nearby Marine Corps Air Station Miramar. Another, unoccupied house alsowas destroyed.

Yoon named the victims as his infant daughter Rachel, who was born less than two months ago; his 15-month-old daughter Grace;his wife, Young Mi Yoon, 36; and her 60-year-old mother, Suk Im Kim, who he said had come to the United States from Korea recently to help take care of thechildren.

Fighting back tears, he said of his daughters: "I cannot believe that they are not here right now."

"I know there are many people who have experienced more terrible things," Yoon said. "But,please, tell me how to do it. I don't know what to do."

Marine Corps authorities said the pilot, whose name was not released, was hospitalized after he parachuted from the jet, and aninvestigation into the cause of the crash has been launched.

The jet had just performed landing training on a Navy aircraft carrier before the pilot reported having trouble, according tothe Marine Corps. Authorities described the jet as disabled.

Three bodies -- those of two adults and an infant -- were recovered hours after the crash on Monday. The fourth body -- that ofa child -- was recovered Tuesday as firefighters sifted through the rubble of the Yoon house.

Authorities said they did not expect to find any other victims of the crash.

Yoon's minister, Daniel Shin, told reporters the Yoon family had moved into the house a little more than a month ago. Hesaid Yoon came to the United States in 1989 and had since become a naturalized citizen. Yoon works as manager of "a variety store -- a store where theysell a variety of things," Shin said.

Yoon's wife came to the United States about four years ago, Shin said.

Yoon spoke softly when he talked about his wife.

"It was God's blessing that I met her about four years ago. She was a lovely wife and mother," he said.

His voice fading, he added: "She loves me and babies. I just miss her so much."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/12/09/military.jet.crash/index.htmlhttp://www.cnn.com/2008/U...tary.jet.crash/index.html

That sure takes a lot of strength to say you don't blame him for the death of your family.
RIP.

This is the sad inevitability of life...that it can end in an instant without warning.

I really feel for Dong Yun Yoon, what he must be going through right now I can't even fathom. Even for him to be so humble when he says that other peoplein the world suffer worse than he has is something I don't think I would even consider if I were in his place. Hopefully he's able to mourn and move onto a better day someday.

R.I.P. to those who died

Originally Posted by Elocin023

That sure takes a lot of strength to say you don't blame him for the death of your family.
RIP.

Word..he's a better person than me. I don't know if I could forgive him
RIP
frown.gif

Originally Posted by HUUUD

"I don't blame him. I don't have any hard feelings. I know he did everything he could,"

"I know there are many people who have experienced more terrible things," Yoon said. "But, please, tell me how to do it. I don't know what to do.
Wow. I would not be able to say either of those things after something like that. He's got my respect and condolences.
RIP to his family, and I hope he pulls through this with no more problems
tired.gif

yeah man,

I wonder if he was told by the military to not react so violently. I know I would have. knowing that they (military) won't pay for the repairs or anything.such a sad day.
frown.gif

R.I.P.

Originally Posted by Chrispcb15

frown.gif
God Bless his soul

You said it my man. I heard about this earlier on the local news. May God Bless everyone involved. Thats a real shame right there. And Christmas is coming upso who knows what effects that will have on everyone. Man I really don't know what to say because I don't know that I would be able to go on afterthat. I wouldn't kill myself but man I'd be torn, I'll just say that.
tired.gif

R.I.P and everyone count your blessing and appreciate your family and friends.

Damn near shed a tear when I read this.

Got an insane amount of respect for the guy, I can't imagine what he's going through.

R.I.P. to his family

and I hope for the best for Dong Yun Yoon

Back
Top Bottom