Dang, the Toyota Avalon will be discontinued..smh

1qa3.gif

Really never understood the Avalon anyway. Camry is the best seller, and if you want something “better” than a Camry youd look at a Lexus (from Toyota standpoint). Whats the point of an Avalon in that respect.

Bingo. In addition to the migration to SUV and all new electric vehicles, the Avalon is out of place. Toyota is making the right move to remove the Avalon from the line up given no one really looks for this car.

Reactions: wr
Really never understood the Avalon anyway. Camry is the best seller, and if you want something “better” than a Camry youd look at a Lexus (from Toyota standpoint). Whats the point of an Avalon in that respect.

Kind Of The Best Way To Look At It.

I was about to say Honda and Nissan do the the same thing, nothing (full size anyways) is above an Accord which is true but Nissan has the Altima and the Maxima. Probably the only Japanese brand out of the big 3 that has two successful large sedans.

Friend has first generation one as a daily. Very spacious, not suprised with Toyota getting rid of it though

Toyota tried to make the Avalon look sporty when the people that were buying them were grandparents

Full size sedans are on their way out. People are buying crossovers.

Impala is dead, Maxima is next.

Every manufacturer focusing on that sub-compact/compact crossover (HRV, CX-30, C-HR). Them joints are gonna be the money makers for a while. People ain’t gonna pay all that bread for an Avalon when a C-HR provided more cargo space and is as nimble/more nimble to drive. And about $10k cheaper

Current gen Max is trash. Overstyled and just meh. The last gen was a good hit though.
I think current gen is nice ,but that CVT they put in em is trash.Had a last gen (2012) had to get rid of it due to an issue with the motor.

The avalon was always for middle aged women who wanted more comfort than the camry to me.

Nissan just needs to make the Maxima rear wheeled with the engine they are putting in the new Z. I know they don't want to encroach on the Q50 but take a risk for godsake. It also need a redesign because it's not a good looking car at all. The 7th gen was a much better looking sedan.

Back
Top Bottom