Danny! New album payback! Drops sept 25th vol..Mr swain!! Performing live on Jimmy fallon 9/20 Albu

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Next week cant wait Official tracklist

1.  Overture (feat. Chell)
2.  Myintrotoletuknow
3.  Little Black Boy (feat. Res)
4.  Get Up (feat. Amel Larrieux)
5.  Evil (feat. Gavin Castleton and Amber Rose Tamblyn)
6.  Even Louder (feat. Tanya Morgan and Swizz Beatz)
7.  Phonte (feat. Phonte)
8.  **** Starters (feat. Agallah, El-P and DJ Kay Slay)
9.  Overture Reprise (feat. Chell)
10. Speed
11. Go That-A-Way (feat. Travie McCoy)
12. Misunderstood (feat. Lil B and Blu)
13. I Don’t Wanna Hear That **** (Remix) (feat. ‘Sup Boo)
14. Do It All Over Again (feat. ?uestlove)
15. Keep Your Head To The Sky (feat. Collette)
16. Far Away (feat. Collette)
17. Payback (feat. iLLmont)

http://itunes.apple.com/nz/album/payback/id563416218

Last edited:
If you are a frequent visitor of We’veGotTheJazz, you might have already heard of Danny Swain but if you haven’t yet… don’t worry. I am hear to help you decide if you should check out Danny!’s major label introduction/debut, Payback.

You might wonder why does an established emcee, producer and Grammy nominated artist need an introduction, well the answer is simple, the industry sucks and Danny! knows just that. You can pretty much figure out D.Swain is fed up and presents his ‘payback’ to the industry. This album can be looked at as one big revenge plot. He has been signed to once indie heavyweight, Def Jux, and nothing happened. He has been quietly signed to Interscope for more than a year now without a buzz many major artists take for granted.

“They ain’t checkin’ for you ‘less you rappin’ bout some Adderall or bongs. I could rattle off some songs, but even if I gave you some examples y’all would probably rap along. ******’ with these stoner cats. So I made my own wallet, I call it chip-on-the-shoulder rap, but y’all ain’t keep him in the pocket. How the hell can I compete when everybody’s mimicking 2Pac’s ****?” -Silly Me (Myintrotoletuknow), Danny!; Payback

For those who have been listening to Danny! for quite a while now, your boy has not gone too far away from his previous albums. Payback is a conceptual album of some sort as previously mentioned, his revenge on the music industry. There is another feature on this record fans came to love from Danny, a first person storyline throughout the album. How much of it is true? That is up for interpretation, but in Payback, Danny! is facing charges on a unmentioned crime. Throughout the album, the songs are thematically linked through the overall story. For example, Little Black Boy chronicles Danny’s childhood and petty crimes he got into. Evil features Danny! speaking out on the the unavoidable evils in life. There is an interlude with one of Danny’s friends in the industry offering his support. All this is leading up to this serious crime he committed. Also, we cannot forget some of the tracks adding to the ‘revenge’ concept he is going with. On Hey You, Danny raps about raping a women which he explains is a metaphor for the music industry towards the end of the track. If you misunderstood the rape metaphor, don’t worry, Danny has a track featuring some misunderstood artists perfectly titled Misunderstood.

“Man, it’s kind of hard to stay positive. Positivity only gets you but so far. Shoot for the stars, you mess around get hit by a car. That’s just the cynicism seizing me. How am I supposed to motivate when half these ************* don’t believe in me?. I appreciate your words of wisdom. I see ‘em try to work the system but I want to make the system work for me” -Get Up, Danny!; Payback

You cannot really talk about Danny! without mentioning some of recurring habits. He still bangs out his own top notch instrumentals. Besides two tracks, D.Swain produced the entire album giving us a cohesive sounding album, something that is hard to find in major label albums and an album stacked high with popular guests artists. One thing I really like about this album is Danny’s ability to rhyme about the hardships of life and being a musician (greatly displayed in his past album Charm) then switch it to just spitting a few songs later. Another habit he has which was developed recently, on Where’s Danny?, is his random and often times hilarious jokes at fellow artists. In one verse, he takes one at Mickey Factz and towards the end of that verse, Eternia gets a turn. Just take a look at this quote from **** Starters below. A Big Sean shot, a Fader Magazine diss and Danny! has a few for his nameless naysayers.

Big Sean – that is the punchline! I push the flyest whips (what?) six TV’s. Your hooptie lookin busted, I call it chippy D. This rappin ****’s for suckers; you haters haven’t seen a flyer ************ – **** Fader Magazine! **** everyone who doubts me. **** those who talk about me This ain’t no Ocean’s 12. This here’s The Big Lebowski. -**** Starters, Danny!; Payback

Overall, Danny! has done a great job of crafting a great major label debut. For those who never heard of Danny!, this album does serve as a proper introduction without isolating old Danny! fans. If you dug his previous work like And I Love H.E.R., Charm, Where is Danny?, or his instrumental series, you will dig this album. If Danny! hasn’t been played yet, you will enjoy this record. I cannot end this without mentioning what Danny’s payback really is… if you check out this album just because of all the successful, popular, talented and hyped artists featured, Danny! just suckered you into checking him out. Hopefully once you get past the guests, you will see the skill Danny! posses behind the boards and behind the mic.

Review from http://www.wevegotthejazz.com/?p=16002 :smokin

Danny! just released a best of mix tape stuff. Checka check it out...

Anyone know how to embed sound cloud?

Last edited:
Been a while. Can't wait to hear it.

Just so I can be sure his last joint was Where Is Danny? Right?

Back
Top Bottom