Darko is mad.

He just sucks! Stop blaming everybody else around him. He came at the right time, when the trend was to draft obscure, "next Dirk or Pau with athleticism," type players and that Chad Ford article alone made him look like the next best thing since sliced bread. Dude is a bum, and instead of working hard he has sulked his whole career and blamed those around him. Hell, when he was in NY he used to literally eat hamburgers in the locker room pregame because he felt like he wasn't going to play. Gains weights, gets traded to Minnesota who is actually giving him an opportunity, and still sucks and his conditioning has suffered. But it's everybody else's fault. Kick rocks!

And Larry Brown plays rookies who are good enough to deserve playing time. Ask Tim Thomas and Larry Hughes

Dude should shut the hell up. No head coach is going to say, "You know what, maybe this dweeb is right. We should want to build a team around the man, the legend, Darko Milicic."

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Jason23Richardson

Dude should shut the hell up. No head coach is going to say, "You know what, maybe this dweeb is right. We should want to build a team around the man, the legend, Darko Milicic."

indifferent.gif
And play his bum $** over the likes of Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace, Mehmet Okury, Antonio MyDyess, Dale Davis, and Tayshaun Prince.

i can see where he's coming from.
damn dude only 24
hope he at least puts together a few solid seasons

Originally Posted by fac3 tak30v312

He pretty much telling the truth. Brown tried to break him down to build him back up but instead alienated him. I remember a couple years back they were talking about how coaches weren't adjusting to a new era of players who after a while would just tune coaches out if they didn't like what they were hearing. Brown tried pulling out a page from the old school playbook because at the time Detroit was contending and he had all the leverage.
Where instead of building Darko into a stronger player he broke him and more than anyone else I blame Joe Dumars for this because at some point you have to step in and protect your high value assets

He pretty much telling the truth. Brown tried to break him down to build him back up but instead alienated him. I remember a couple years back they were talking about how coaches weren't adjusting to a new era of players who after a while would just tune coaches out if they didn't like what they were hearing. Brown tried pulling out a page from the old school playbook because at the time Detroit was contending and he had all the leverage.
Where instead of building Darko into a stronger player he broke him and more than anyone else I blame Joe Dumars for this because at some point you have to step in and protect your high value assets

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

He is right about basketball, or the NBA for that matter, not being the same arena as football where you really wait for your time. As the number 2 pick, you expect to get burn, if not starter status. It doesn't feel like he was given a chance from then on.

That's whats wrong with a lot of younger athletes today...they "expect" too much. The way I see it, either your talent is undeniable or you bust your tail to earn playing time. People can say what they want about LB or any other coach, but unless your name is Don Nelson you're going to play your best players. Darko wanted minutes, well at that time he needed to outplay Corliss Williamson and Okur. 
Not to mention, but in this day and age Darko had to know what he was getting himself into. I'm assuming that either him or his agent had to know about how Brown is a no nonsense, old school type coach. Why didn't he attempt to pull a Rubio and stay overseas then? 

Honestly from all of his interviews it sounded like his whole team meaning agents, coaches and family was more shocked than anyone that Detroit picked him, and saw it as a stamp of approval. At that point he didn't have any of the leverage Rubio had. To all the guys saying "why didn't he just play harder" .. I'm sure we've all had that one person in life that regardless of what good we did they would dog you, to Darko Larry Brown was that person. Then when he started playing good at his other stops all that got him was a one way ticket out of town. At the end of the day he's only 24 and maybe he could turn things around in Europe either that or Minnesota finds themself a horse whisperer.

Darko wasn't shocked that he was going to Detroit...he expected to go #2.

http://www.nba.com/piston...edraft_availability.html

Bottom line, he wasn't good enough...and that's fine. But his constant interviews full of excuses why he is a bust has gotten old. Regardless of what happened in Detroit, the man was given more opportunities to play but yet his career hasn't amounted to anything. Dude has been in the coach's doghouse on probably every team he has played for. I don't feel bad for him, nor do I feel he can point the finger at anyone but himself.

So much fail in this thread.

Darko has no work ethic. That trumps anyone around him that held him back by not pampering him. "Aaaawwww, it's o.k., wittle Euro wookie. I'll give you major minutes despite your suck." Man, let this dude Darko wipe his own butt when he craps; stop expecting that people are going to baby him, like the NBA is a nursery or something. Is he not a grown man millionaire?

And Larry Brown deserves most of the blame for 2004?
laugh.gif
Like dude was on the court or something. I could see that Melo was going to be a problem in the league, but him, Wade, and LeBron played so undisciplined. Granted, they were all 6 years younger than the MVP candidates we see every night now, but still, they weren't ready. And Okafor made me want to punch kittens. Iverson played humbled and really impressed me those Olympics, and Duncan was... well, he was Duncan. But those were literally the ONLY two positives I took from those games. Marion and Jefferson were clueless, Starbury and Odom played far below their level... it was just bad all the way around, ENDING with Larry Brown's coaching (not beginning with).

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

He is right about basketball, or the NBA for that matter, not being the same arena as football where you really wait for your time. As the number 2 pick, you expect to get burn, if not starter status. It doesn't feel like he was given a chance from then on.

That's whats wrong with a lot of younger athletes today...they "expect" too much. The way I see it, either your talent is undeniable or you bust your tail to earn playing time. People can say what they want about LB or any other coach, but unless your name is Don Nelson you're going to play your best players. Darko wanted minutes, well at that time he needed to outplay Corliss Williamson and Okur. 
Not to mention, but in this day and age Darko had to know what he was getting himself into. I'm assuming that either him or his agent had to know about how Brown is a no nonsense, old school type coach. Why didn't he attempt to pull a Rubio and stay overseas then? 

Honestly from all of his interviews it sounded like his whole team meaning agents, coaches and family was more shocked than anyone that Detroit picked him, and saw it as a stamp of approval. At that point he didn't have any of the leverage Rubio had. To all the guys saying "why didn't he just play harder" .. I'm sure we've all had that one person in life that regardless of what good we did they would dog you, to Darko Larry Brown was that person. Then when he started playing good at his other stops all that got him was a one way ticket out of town. At the end of the day he's only 24 and maybe he could turn things around in Europe either that or Minnesota finds themself a horse whisperer.
What good did Darko ever do as a Piston? Dude couldn't even bust %*! in garbage time. He has had like 2 career highlights, the one where he dunked on Diop off the dribble, and I'm just being generous assuming he has done something else noteworthy in his life but frankly I don't remember it.

Are you telling me you are going to find Darko minutes over Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace, Tayshaun Prince, Antonio McDyess, and Dale Davis? Because if so, you're going to suck as a coach. Dude felt entitled and hasn't worked for it and has been pointing the finger at everyone else his entire career.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_NBA_Draft

Look at the 03 draft. Obviously LeBron proceeded him, but even still there have been 7 all stars who were drafted after him?

Look at Chris Kaman for example. He looked like a bust early in his career too. He came back year after year in better shape, got a bit more athletic, developed range out to 17ft, both hands in the post, in fact he actually built a gym at his house that he works out at.

What do we know of Darko in his offseasons? Various interviews come out blaming everybody else for his suckitude. Comes back, still sucks, everyone else's fault. Gets traded, still sucks and it's everyone else's fault. Gets traded again, still sucks, everybody else's fault.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_NBA_Draft 

Wait a minute, didn't Chad Ford claim son had a 38 inch standing vertical? He's not just getting hung and missing a dunk here, his career got hung, any chance of him amounting to anything got hung.

^ Obviously that was the refs fault, those damn &$%#es. They robbed him of 2 points like he's just a pile of shhh.

And in his rant, dude seriously said 'If he has a young daughter, I'll rape her, too.'
smh.gif
OD, Darko.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

lol, he put his head down, shoulders slumped after that miss
laugh.gif
looked exactly like kenny george after hansbrough abused him.

Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't he once have a brief stretch where he was at least showing improvement/ consistency?

Just wondering.

Originally Posted by GMSboy1

Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't he once have a brief stretch where he was at least showing improvement/ consistency?

Just wondering.
Orlando was probably his best stop. Still let's imagine he's still there. I'm not giving him minutes over Dwight Howard, Marcin Gortat, or even Brandon Bass who has been racking up DNP-CDs. Not that it directly matters to this topic, but he got dunked on by Richard Jefferson tonight too

If he wasnt so high of a pick, or picked by teams with good big men he might of have gotten some burn.

But no way would Larry Brown play Darko in that Detroit system...all 5 starters were considered at their prime in their careers and each had a dominant offensive game maybe besides Ben.
They were a championship contending team, and no rookie gets significant minutes in a championship team.  Thats why alot of teams like LA, SA, trade alot of their draft picks away.

Back
Top Bottom