DaSean Butler torn ACL, Sprained MCL. (Great Article) Read.

Sorry if posted, but i found this article and thought i might share it with you guys. Coach Hug's is a great guy and probably cares more about his players than any coach i've seen. Hope Butler recovers and becomes a good NBA player
pimp.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Da'Sean Butler: A Terrible Way To End a Great College Career[/h1]
by
Nick Poust
CorrespondentWritten on April 04, 2010

98234100.jpg.18556_cropped.jpg
Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images

Iam not going to spend time recapping the game. Here’s what transpiredin a nutshell: Duke hit three-pointers and bodied West Virginia’slankiness to clean the glass and dominate. Wanting the Mountaineers,the game was excruciating to watch. What was more painful was watchinga singular sequence late in the second half.

West Virginia senior guard Da’Sean Butleris one of the better players in the country. He dominated during theBig East Tournament and has hit some very big shots in helping his teamreach the Final Four. As one of the more talented players, he has beendeemed a sure-fire lottery pick in June’s NBA Draft. His career mayhave just taken a huge hit.

He was driving into the lane from the left baseline when his leftknee appeared to buckle. He fell hard to the floor and writhed in pain,grabbing behind his knee. Right off, having had knee problems myself, Iknew a ligament had torn.

It wasn’t just a dislocation. It was much, much worse. He wastearing up and screaming. It was a sad, sad sight. On the phone with mycousin Matt when it happened, we had this reaction: “Oh no, no, notButler. No.

Reminded me of the Bolin/Fitz moment on the field the other season...

Either way it shows that it is more than just a game to the players. The passion of it is why we watch and why we love it...

pimp.gif
at bob thuggins

the pain of tearin your ACL is
sick.gif
  i hope some teams still take a chance on him, although he will likely miss individual workouts and such

Originally Posted by haiti5

pimp.gif
at bob thuggins

sick.gif
  i hope some teams still take a chance on him, although he will likely miss individual workouts and such
Yeah, dude won't be able to even play ball for at least 5-6 months. So sad because dudes stock was skyrocketing and now this...
frown.gif

Damn a lottery pick... then with a few mins left in the very last game of your college career you get the worst injury possible... damn that is the definition of worst case scenario

Originally Posted by philly5fan

Damn a lottery pick... then with a few mins left in the very last game of your college career you get the worst injury possible... damn that is the definition of worst case scenario

& whats even worse is the fact that the game was pretty much out of reach.

Butler wasn't seeing no parts of the lottery....

Originally Posted by RoOk

Originally Posted by haiti5

pimp.gif
at bob thuggins

sick.gif
Yeah, dude won't be able to even play ball for at least 5-6 months. So sad because dudes stock was skyrocketing and now this...
frown.gif

It went from a sprained MCL to a torn ACL
eek.gif
smh.gif

that was actually a pretty badly written article lol
memorable moment though

I thought Huggins act was VERY uncomfortable to watch.

Butler a lottery pick?  As long as hes picked after Zoubek in the lottery I can see it. 

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

That's a terrible article, actually.
I kind of thought the same thing, sad and profound moment, but the article was average.

I won't forget it for some time, just a heartfelt moment between a coach and player.

Lottery pick or not Butler on the floor like that was gut-wrenching to see
frown.gif

Huggins just went up alot in my book

Let's be honest: Da'Sean wasn't going to be a lottery pick.
sholl wasnt... but he can get them euros tho
smokin.gif
..aye josh childress..get my mans a nice contract
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Durden7

I thought Huggins act was VERY uncomfortable to watch.

Butler a lottery pick?  As long as hes picked after Zoubek in the lottery I can see it. 

may I ask you why you thought it was uncomfortable to watch?  I felt REAL bad for WVU when Butler went down....In watching Huggy in the post-game, he kept saying Butler thought he had let the whole team down. 
frown.gif

I never expected Huggins to go out there and console him like he did, but when emotions are running high, you check your ego at the door and do what you feel. 

uncomfortable ?
laugh.gif

these coaches are father figures to kids..and desean was devastated.

my mind doesnt even venture that far smh
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RoOk

& whats even worse is the fact that the game was pretty much out of reach.

And this is why I NEVER fault kids leaving college for the NBA. I hope Butler has his degree within reach if basketball no longer is.

Back
Top Bottom