Dave Chappelle just straight BOMBED his set tonight in South Florida...

It looks so weird seeing him so brolic...I think the crackhead look was part of what made him so funny

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Mcflyy

It's the muscles. They made him less funny. Just how you can't have a fat comedian go skinny and still be as funny, you can't have some skinny funny guy buff up and stay the same.
2s7z7g7.jpg

all of his shows in the Bay Area have churned the same results.

-He'll start hot for 20 or so mins..
-He doesn't come with any material prepared
-He'll stare at the ground til someone says something and he responds to them

it's like the movie Funny People, except in real life. Hopefully he finds someone to inspire him

Originally Posted by TiDE619

it's like the movie Funny People, except in real life. Hopefully he finds someone to inspire him

I saw him in Oakland a couple of months ago and he was funny as hell

roid raging.....?

sad though...I think this dude is just tired and is one of those depressed comedians that dont find nothing funny anymore

Originally Posted by Essential1

Every comedian gets boo'd or heckled from time to time... And even bombs... Even well known comedians.... It isn't an easy job... So it is expected that they are off every once and a while..
Exactly.
Especially when it's a comedian like Chappelle, who clearly doesn't need it for the money and who has no problem doing whatever he feels like out there. 

agreed. the last time I saw was at Cobbs and I know he doesnt have a "routine" but it seemed like there was more dead air than actual jokes and almost he wanted the hecklers. There was one dude all night just yelling nonsense and security finally decides to take him out like 10 mins before his set ended. But I found myself getting bored also; he has 1 more chance at Comedy Jam and if Chris Tucker has a better set than him...RIP DAVE

I know everybody bombs, but I still want more info.
He really is an enigma man. I'd love to just chop it up with the dude

every chappelle show is different. he doesnt have a real set of jokes. he will tell funny stuff that happened to him recently or stuff about when he had a show stuff like that. he will usually talk to the people sitting in the front. i went to one show it was all boring business in the front trying to talk politics. messed the show up but i went to the 2nd show that night and it was totally different.

Originally Posted by donpoppa

every chappelle show is different. he doesnt have a real set of jokes. he will tell funny stuff that happened to him recently or stuff about when he had a show stuff like that. he will usually talk to the people sitting in the front. i went to one show it was all boring business in the front trying to talk politics. messed the show up but i went to the 2nd show that night and it was totally different.

I saw him at the Parish too about a couple of years ago and he straight killed! Then he had his Lauryn Hill show and I heard he was straight up bad. I am sure he has his on and off days. They all have it. Dave just has so much hype on his shoulders that everyone expects so much of him. It's like a gift and a curse.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by donpoppa

I saw him at the Parish too about a couple of years ago and he straight killed! Then he had his Lauryn Hill show and I heard he was straight up bad. I am sure he has his on and off days. They all have it. Dave just has so much hype on his shoulders that everyone expects so much of him. It's like a gift and a curse.

Every one bombs from time to time. I'm just glad he didn't quit, cus when he's on he's the funniest man on the planet

Back
Top Bottom