Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
^^
I doubt it. He's in his element when he does stand up. If you've never seen him live, the vibe is similar to The Bird Revelation. He's making a ton of money without having to succumb to a network or schedule.

I wasn't hearing none of that Kevin Hart isn't funny talk from Paper Soldiers through his first few specials. Overexposed though.

People switch on you fast. Everybody was one Kevin Hart when that second special came out

KH act is getting a bit played for me. After his first movie his stand up has been on the down and his characters in movies are getting more and more annoying. He's kinda hit or miss. His voice ruined that Captain Underpants movie for me while it fit well for the rabbit in Secret Life of Pets. Can't think of the last live action movie I enjoyed him in fully

Equanimity had its moments. DC just comes off as a real jaded dude, not that I blame him. Chappelle show and his early stand up is the best comedy I’ve ever watched. The Netflix specials are cool just not as funny.

I wasn't hearing none of that Kevin Hart isn't funny talk from Paper Soldiers through his first few specials. Overexposed though.
This. It isn't the fact that he's "not funny", he's overexposed and oversaturated out here. Can only do the same shtick so many times before It gets repetitive. What Now? was meh. His next one, low expectations, but he may surprise some of us.

I caught the Def Comedy Jam 25 year special today and that segment with DC and D.L. was comedic gold.

It was so damn natural, unscripted and organic, which shows you how truly funny and talented Dave is. I immediately had to run back Equinimity and Revelations right after.

He really is a genius at this comedic **** and just that good.

I legit sat through Kevin Hart’s latest stand up show and didn’t laugh once. I’ve never been a fan of his.

Olivia Munn 'Calls Out' Dave Chappelle For Being 'Tone Deaf To The Experiences Of Others' With His Louis C.K. Jokes
gettyimages-645726992.jpg

http://www.businessinsider.com/olivia-munn-says-dave-chappelles-louis-ck-jokes-are-tone-deaf-2018-1

Actress Olivia Munn has called out comedian Dave Chappelle for his "tone deaf" bit on Louis C.K.'s sexual misconduct scandal.

In Chappelle's recent stand-up special "The Bird Revelation," which premiered on Netflix New Year's Eve, the comedian did an extended bit on the women who accused Louis C.K. of unwanted masturbation, calling them "weak" for letting C.K.'s behavior affect them — or in one woman's case, stopping her from pursuing a career in comedy.

"You think if Louis C.K. jerked off in front of Dr. King, he'd be like, 'I can't continue this movement'?" Chappelle said in the special. "'I'm sorry, but the freedom of black people must be stopped. I didn't know this n---- was going to pull his d--- out and jerk off like this. I thought we were going to get a couple of drinks and chill.'

"Show business is just harder than that," Chappelle continued. "I hate to say it, y'all: They sound weak." (Read a more thorough account of the bit here.)

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter published Thursday, actress, model, and former "Daily Show" correspondent Munn said she did not find Chappelle's jokes funny.

"It's in poor taste, and it's really tone deaf to the experiences of others," Munn told THR. "And I think especially Chappelle, as a minority, should show more empathy for the experience of other people who are abused and belittled and pushed down. You don’t shy away from things, but you also don’t say it just to be mean, or just to get a laugh."

Munn, who is involved in the Time's Up initiative and publicly accused filmmaker Brett Ratner of sexual misconduct, said that while she believes that comedians exist to make light of dark situations, Chappelle crossed a line.

"We have to elevate each other. Elevate other women, minorities, and the LGBTQ," Munn said. "That will be the big thing: to change history, get more opportunities and not only be known for the abuses that have happened to us."

I watched The Bird Revelation one last night. Thought it was great. He reminds me of Richard Pryor now. That IDGAF, so casual comedy. Mixing knowledge with the silliness.

This. It isn't the fact that he's "not funny", he's overexposed and oversaturated out here. Can only do the same shtick so many times before It gets repetitive. What Now? was meh. His next one, low expectations, but he may surprise some of us.

Yeah, his material just got old. My kids, my ex wife, my father. It's old now.

Olivia Munn 'Calls Out' Dave Chappelle For Being 'Tone Deaf To The Experiences Of Others' With His Louis C.K. Jokes
gettyimages-645726992.jpg

http://www.businessinsider.com/olivia-munn-says-dave-chappelles-louis-ck-jokes-are-tone-deaf-2018-1

Oh god she played the "He's black so he should understand" card. :lol:

Reactions: OTG
I legit sat through Kevin Hart’s latest stand up show and didn’t laugh once. I’ve never been a fan of his.

Lol, if you’ve never been a fan of his, why did you sit through another one of his comedy specials

Lol, if you’ve never been a fan of his, why did you sit through another one of his comedy specials
I like to be objective and give people a chance. My friend hyped up the standup so being a fan of comedy I naturally watched his show.

dave must’ve saw some real live **** for him to still not want to fully say what really happened

him saying how he wanted to give kaepernick a go fund me so he wouldn’t have to play again tells me dave never wanted to come back but had to

Not a fan of KH either nowadays. I really enjoyed (I think it was) his first two specials.

Back
Top Bottom