***Dave East Official Thread: "Karma 3 Out Now I Guess***

Just picked random tracks to listen to on here, and I pretty much feel all of them, Russia, Going Hard, Levelin Up, Nothing Personal, and Cut Em Off. East is somewhat in a dilemma. What he’s good at and what I want to hear from him “isn’t hot” anymore, but you can tell he wants that breakout mainstream hit like a 21 Savage or Migos have. He should find some happy medium and figure out how to make a Can’t Deny It or Make Me Better, then go from there.

Just picked random tracks to listen to on here, and I pretty much feel all of them, Russia, Going Hard, Levelin Up, Nothing Personal, and Cut Em Off. East is somewhat in a dilemma. What he’s good at and what I want to hear from him “isn’t hot” anymore, but you can tell he wants that breakout mainstream hit like a 21 Savage or Migos have. He should find some happy medium and figure out how to make a Can’t Deny It or Make Me Better, then go from there.
Nah

IG Model/Crip
CC3E72C2-BB19-4995-8D7F-8FDFE324F836.png

Yeah it just depends on his situation, the expectations the label has and also the expectations he got for himself

With somebody like Vince Staples, No I.D. got him a good deal at Def Jam because he was realistic about who he is as an artist. Him and his manager knew he wasn't that type of artist so they purposely took a smaller budget/advance than what they could've got in exchange for more freedom and creative control. So all around while he not gonna be getting the crazy dream rapper money and promo he also not gonna have much of that mainstream label "you need something we can get to radio" "you need to work with this producer/artist" etc type bull****.

Haven't given a full listen yet, but seems like a lot of filler.

Back
Top Bottom