***Dave East Official Thread: "Karma 3 Out Now I Guess***

So this Dave East, I been waiting for years. It's cool, not great but the problem is he's trying to cater to two different audiences. He trying to do the 90s Hip Hop for the older heads but he trying to do some joints for the young generation. I get it but some of these features and beats don't belong.

He had me HYPE with the Mint Condition sample.

I also hate these skits, I cut them immediately.

I damn near cried when I heard DJ Clue and The Madd Rapper though

Need more time with it but it's cool.

really good LP. East music is so familiar yet so distinctive all in one.

P2 might still be my favorite work for him but I really enjoyed this.

I went to Best Buy and Target today, neither had it and I didn't see it on Amazon. I guess CDs finally died.

So this Dave East, I been waiting for years. It's cool, not great but the problem is he's trying to cater to two different audiences. He trying to do the 90s Hip Hop for the older heads but he trying to do some joints for the young generation. I get it but some of these features and beats don't belong.

He had me HYPE with the Mint Condition sample.

I also hate these skits, I cut them immediately.

I damn near cried when I heard DJ Clue and The Madd Rapper though

Need more time with it but it's cool.

I actually appreciate him catering to two different audiences. He's good enough to do it.
Feeling this album so far. You hit the nail on the head about hearing Clue and the Madd Rapper tho.

I see you still mad about that *** whooping we put on y'all Monday.
Ayo *****s lose everyweek B. You'll be aight *****. You tough right?

Album cool, played it a few times today. I don’t mind a few beats from today but I don’t need to hear Lil Baby and **** on the album. Should be 12 songs and the skits gotta go.

This album needed like 8 songs cut from it, including most of the second half. This was on its way to being a really good 12-13 track album, but nosedived to just an ok 20 track album. Some weird sequencing with the length. I would’ve had it like this:

1) Godfather 4
2) Need A Sign
3) On My Way 2 School
4) Seventeen
5) Mama I Made It
6) Penthouse
7) OG
8 What’s Goin On
9) Baby
10) Wanna Be A G
11) Me & Mines
12) Daddy Knows
13) What You Mad At
14) The Marathon Continues

I pretty much rock with most of these. Majority of those are his more story telling driven tracks which I like hearing from him, and songs 6-9 are the more trendy sounding stuff that I actually don’t mind from him. Those songs I left off are the extremely trendy sounding stuff I want no part of hearing on his projects.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom