David Fincher: House of Cards( BEWARE OF SPOILERS) (series) starring Kevin Spacey

Will definitely check this out.

Fincher/Spacey two of my favorite at what they do.

I tried to watch it last night, but the opening scene wasn't doing it for me.

I'm going to give it another shot later on today. It seems like Scandal from Hollis Doyle's part (from those that watch that show)

Watched the first two episodes. I'm not a fan of the dialogue, it's a little too cliche and on the nose. That combined with the breaking of the fourth wall and the really theatrical acting, especially from Spacey and Wright, makes me feel like I can't take this show seriously

Watched the first two episodes. I'm not a fan of the dialogue, it's a little too cliche and on the nose. That combined with the breaking of the fourth wall and the really theatrical acting, especially from Spacey and Wright, makes me feel like I can't take this show seriously

Aside from that I like the storyline which is the only reason I continued to watch.

If you guys like political shows West Wing is up on netflix it's a great show. Just started watching it recently, I was too young when it originally aired to have any interest in politic let alone understand it. How can it not be great, Aaron Sorkin wrote it after all.

cant stop watching 
nerd.gif

six eps in and im just now realizing that im pretty sure the union organizer guy is the guy mikey from the first season of the sopranos
roll.gif

Last edited:
So I'm two deep on House of Cards.

This is butter.

It's on the level I thought Newsroom was gonna be on. All that promise The Killing had.
At the least, I think it's the best made TV right now, outside of Boardwalk Empire.
It's film quality, style and pace.

The first episode won't hook you.
It's all intros and moving around chess pieces.
It'll take that ep for you to get it that this isn't a film.

The last 15 minutes of the 2nd episode. :nthat:
That'll get over anyone with doubts. Get you fiendin for more.

Kevin Spacey is so quietly dominating every scene.
He's like Hannibal Lecter with southern hospitality.

Last edited:
Show was dope! I'm not a political guy or get into those shows but how it was done will set the bar for Netflix becoming a HBO or Showtime.

Salute to that brotha Remy! Homey tried Claire as I would. :smokin

Loved this show. I'd recommend it over Newsroom especially since the females in this aren't whining every other scene. Also Kate Mara :evil: :evil:

Definitely a must see and yes Kate Mara is fire! If Netfilx continues programming like this then....

Yall make me wanna go watch this... . But most not recommendations always are disappointments

So I'm two deep on House of Cards.

This is butter.

It's on the level I thought Newsroom was gonna be on. All that promise The Killing had.
At the least, I think it's the best made TV right now, outside of Boardwalk Empire.
It's film quality, style and pace.

The first episode won't hook you.
It's all intros and moving around chess pieces.
It'll take that ep for you to get it that this isn't a film.

The last 15 minutes of the 2nd episode. :nthat:
That'll get over anyone with doubts. Get you fiendin for more.

Kevin Spacey is so quietly dominating every scene.
He's like Hannibal Lecter with southern hospitality.
First episode is streaming for free on netflix http://movies2.netflix.com/WiMovie/House_of_Cards/70178217 . I expect it to be good, Kevin Spacey is a great actor, especially in darker roles.

This. This. THIS.

Show is good. I'm only on episode 11? Man :smh: at episode 10

Crooked congressman pulls out about $400 worth of coke... And rolled a fatty.... Damn I'm hooked

Just finished season 1. One of my favorite shows out there. Can't wait to see what Francis does as Vice President.

Back
Top Bottom