DAVID GOGGINS IS THAT DUDE.

I didn't want to post this in the sports forum because I don't like those people. If ya'll don't know, he is an ultra marathon runner andformer SEAL. He's helped raise money for the families of dead soldiers by running the most insane things (Badwater). Here's what happened to him whenhe tried to run 100 miles nonstop.
I then saw the blood running down my leg when I urinated. My wife being a nurse informed me that my kidney's were shutting down and that I needed to go to the hospital. I told her that I had 30 miles left. She helped me up and we started walking around the track at a 35 minute mile pace. I asked her If I would complete the 100 miles in 24 hours at this pace and she said no. So, I did what I had to do and some how by the grace of God started running again. I completed 101 miles in just under 19 hours. I had broken all the small bones in my feet and my kidneys were failing. My wife drove the car onto the race course and put me into the back of the car. We live on the second floor of an apartment complex and we had to somehow get up the stairs. So, I draped my arms around her neck from behind and she had to practically drag me up the stairs. After she me in the shower and she saw that I was urinating dark dirt brown, she begged me once again to go to the hospital. I looked her in the eye and said.... Just let me enjoy this pain I'm in. And I did. I enjoyed how hard I had just pushed myself and I wanted to feel every bit of that.
Dude's blog is insane http://www.davidgoggins.com/blog.html

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

Just let me enjoy this pain I'm in. And I did. I enjoyed how hard I had just pushed myself and I wanted to feel every bit of that.

alien.gif
we are not the same.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Just let me enjoy this pain I'm in. And I did. I enjoyed how hard I had just pushed myself and I wanted to feel every bit of that.
alien.gif
we are not the same.

I read his #+$+ before I go on my runs. Dude was literally pissing out his kidneys with his wife begging him to see a doctor, and dude wanted to chill.
roll.gif

sounds a bit masochistic but I guess he's enduring this stuff for a good cause or...? was he just trying to finish?

Originally Posted by BTonNT

sounds a bit masochistic but I guess he's enduring this stuff for a good cause or...? was he just trying to finish?

He had to finish the 100 in order to qualify for Badwater...which is the toughest event in the world. Badwater is essentially an ultramarathon in Death Valley.BTW, he did that 100 with no training whatsoever.

He had to finish the 100 in order to qualify for Badwater...which is the toughest event in the world. Badwater is essentially an ultramarathon in Death Valley. BTW, he did that 100 with no training whatsoever.
Gee - that's intelligent.

This guy may be extremely tough, be he sounds borderline ******ed also. It's one thing to push yourself to the limits, but another to do it like an insaneperson with a death-wish.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

He had to finish the 100 in order to qualify for Badwater...which is the toughest event in the world. Badwater is essentially an ultramarathon in Death Valley. BTW, he did that 100 with no training whatsoever.

This guy may be extremely tough, be he sounds borderline ******ed also. It's one thing to push yourself to the limits, but another to do it like an insane person with a death-wish.

Well..he's a SEAL...so that kinda tells you his mindset.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

This guy may be extremely tough, be he sounds borderline ******ed also. It's one thing to push yourself to the limits, but another to do it like an insane person with a death-wish.

Well..he's a SEAL...so that kinda tells you his mindset.
True.

Still - I usually thought SEAL's were fairly intelligent along with crazy. To try to run even just a regular marathon with no training at all is beyondstupid - but basically 4 marathons consecutively? ******ed.. plain and simple.

Good for him that he's doing this stuff for charity and what not - but I will not be at all surprised to hear this guy ends up killing himself through oneof these things someday.

great inspiration for those train. but really, I'd like to know how long this guy lives if he subjects his body to such breakdowns. I guess maybe evenmental fortitude can add years to your life through training.

BTW, he did that 100 with no training whatsoever.
that is impressive.

though Im sure his wife had to be concerned with the damage he was doing to himself and I think it's safe to say that he probably should have been too.running on broken bones, failing kidneys....the urinating blood would have been enough for me to stop. speaks towards his willingness to endure through painand injury though because it definitely seems extreme. interesting guy.

Back
Top Bottom