David Stern says a woman COULD play in the NBA within the next decade....

Hmmm....

I asked if we might see a woman playing NBA basketball within a decade.

"I think we might," said Stern. "I don't want to get into all kinds of arguments with players and coaches about the likelihood. But I really think it's a good possibility."

Link

Could that dude brittany grenier be the "one?"

jkjkjk...but have at it...
laugh.gif

ive thought about this, and ehh maybe. I could see maybe a few "women" playing in the NBA, but i still think the men version is much faster,physicalthan the womens.

Stern forget to take his pills today?

I'd rather see some of the bums in the NBA go to the WNBA in a Juwanna Man style move. I would definitely watch the WNBA if each team had one guy playing.

[h2]LeBron: '10 years is pushing it'[/h2]

Comment Email Print By Nick Friedell
ESPNChicago.com
Archive

CLEVELAND -- NBA commissioner David Stern said in an interview with Sports Illustrated he believes a woman could be playing in the league at some point in the next decade.

Cavaliers forward LeBron James isn't so sure. The reigning NBA MVP was asked about Stern's comments prior to the Bulls-Cavaliers game on Friday night.

"Ten years?" James asked. "That's, like, right around the corner. [In] 10 years, I'll be 34. I'll still be in the NBA. I think 10 years is pushing it, honestly."

"I love all sports," he continued. "I love watching the girls, especially in the Olympics. They're wonderful in the WNBA. They're great. It's a lot of great players. But 10 years, that's pushing it. I think that's pushing it."

That could never happen.....Can a guy play in the WNBA instead of going to the D-league or overseas because he isnt good enough to play in the NBA then?

I think its more likely that a transgender woman will play in the NBA. Theres no way a woman can compete with men. Period.

no woman could crack a rotation at a high major DI program.

NBA? out of your damn mind.

Some of NT's worst attempts at jokes I've seen in a while in this thread...
tired.gif

This isn't happening. It's hard enough for a man to make it to the NBA.

I mean, a woman could make an appearance in a game...but to be a consistent contributor against those athletes? I just don't see it.
ohwell.gif

if women could go to NBA that would pretty much make the WNBA a D league for women and why would they do that it would straight RUIN the league they would makeadam morrison look incredible

Originally Posted by pdouly33

Some of NT's worst attempts at jokes I've seen in a while in this thread...
tired.gif

This isn't happening. It's hard enough for a man to make it to the NBA.

I mean, a woman could make an appearance in a game...but to be a consistent contributor against those athletes? I just don't see it.
ohwell.gif
They would have to make an nba roster before they made an appearance. I don't think we'll see this in our lifetimes. Is there a womanout there who you think is better than even the 12th man on a NBA roster?

Nah, no time soon. The most physically gifted female basketball player in a long time (maybe every), Brittney Griner can touch 11'4, dunk with ease,6'8 and a sub 6 minute mile, stilll struggles against other females. Teams defend her by playing from behind and pushing her out the paint. Now instead ofsmaller girls, make that Derek Fisher or somebody she's trying to post up on. Not happening.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Nah, no time soon. The most physically gifted female basketball player in a long time (maybe every), Brittney Griner can touch 11'4, dunk with ease, 6'8 and a sub 6 minute mile, stilll struggles against other females. Teams defend her by playing from behind and pushing her out the paint. Now instead of smaller girls, make that Derek Fisher or somebody she's trying to post up on. Not happening.
I'm still not convinced that Griner is a female. She's on some ol' juwanna mann steez....

Back
Top Bottom