DC Cop Admits to pulling his gun out during a snowball fight on 14th & U yesterday...(vid)

I remember when a dude in the Bronx, after getting hit with snowballs, slashed some teen with a razor. Everyone took his side saying the teens need to learn tocontrol themselves. But because a cop is involved, of course you can't defend him.

I like how the white dude is doing a little too much talking because of all the cameras recording the incident.

Pics.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

Pics.
smh.gif

eek.gif

DAAAAAAAMMMMMMNNNNNNN

That officer is #+#+$$!

smh.gif

Dude gets out of the hummer with the .44 in his hand and DIDN'T identify he was a cop??????

That's bad....

Am I the only one that thinks this isn't that big of a deal? I mean you hit a police officer with a snow ball..++*# you think is gonna happen afterthat?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Reginald Noble

Am I the only one that thinks this isn't that big of a deal? I mean you hit a police officer with a snow ball..++*# you think is gonna happen after that?
laugh.gif
No...they hit a hummer with snowballs (which wasn't right), and a dude got out with his gun in hand....too bad he didn't initiallyidentify he was an officer...and the fact that he IS an officer makes this 100x worse.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Don't you think a cop should show more restraint? I gotta think he'll be reprimanded by his superiors for pulling out his gun...

I'm sure he was having a stressful day, and the snowball fight was his breaking point. Still doesn't excuse what he did tho...
It's easy to say that as an average citizen. I would have to see more footage to elaborate on the scenario in question....

But I know you've been in, or at least seen, one of those snowball fights where some gets hit in the eye or ear and then everything comes to a hault because everyone KNOWS that crap hurts and it's time to go home before it happens to them. I just don't see why someone who's job is to maintain order should take being assaulted because they are "just" snowballs. All it takes is one piece of ice to have him laid out. Or he could have slipped on ice or anything.

I don't know about the cop or his record, but if he does his job, then the last thing he should have to worry about nursing an eye or an ear or his back or a knee because people were just "having a good time."

Should he have just taken getting hit? Thrown snowballs back? If you're going to criticize his action, then at least say what he should have done. There's a lot that needs to be sorted out, but I'm just playing devil's advocate. I'm not really a big fan of cops, undercover or otherwise. With that said, IF his first course of action was to pull an point, then screw him. If he was trying to get folks to stop and he was getting the business and pull as a final result, then what can you say?

i prob would have shot him if i didnt know he was a cop...
In DC? Really?

Spoiler [+]
I hear everything you are saying, but I still don't get the rationale behind him pulling his gun out. I can understand that maybe he reached his boiling point, but in what scenario(s) are police taught to draw their guns? Can you imagine the public outcry if God forbid someone got shot because of a raucous snowball fight? On top of it all, he WASN'T in uniform. The people who were in the snowball fight were in the wrong for throwing snow at random people (supposedly hitting the cop), and the cop was in the wrong for pulling his gun. If it was that big of a deal, call for backup....in a potentially tense situation, I would expect more restraint from the police. Maybe he was in the right for pulling the gun, I don't know...but I would expect them to show more restraint in a situation in which they have been trained to act.

Same to you. Like I said, I'm just playing devil's advocate for the most part.

Oh yeah, it would have been completely ******ed and very ugly if he had discharged. But there's too many questions and a lot more that happened outside ofthe 34 seconds of footage we can see. Dude did look like he had lost his cool, but at the same time he looked like an old head who should know how to handlethings. Nobody knows right now. So I'm just not judging him without knowing the whole situation.

I just don't know what to say about to the people saying they were just snowballs. Like you've never been hit with ice or seen anyone get hit with ice.If you really haven't, it's not fun and it's not pretty. If he got hit with light fluffy snowballs 4 or 5 times then fine, call him and his mamaout of their names. But no one on this board know what he got hit with, where he got hit (on his person), how many times he got hit, or how many warnings hegave. So at least wait until the facts come out to make a judgement.
F*** the police
Yeah, until someone's snooping around your house. Then you're all for 'em.
laugh.gif

And two more things:

1) "Pulling" your gun is NOT "Pointing" your gun. Policemen "pull" guns all the time when approaching vehicles if the driver ismoving around or acting suspicious.

2) You don't "pull" when your life is in danger, you "shoot" when your life is in danger. The gun should already be drawn.

"An hour ago, we showed up to see a snowball fight already in progress. Two factions along 14th Street along the intersection. It was pretty friendly, mostly OK. At one point, there was one interaction with the police that I saw. A cop got stuck in the snow. People stopped and helped him out. A couple moments later, at the intersection, heading west along U was this big maroon Hummer. A small faction of people decided to target it with snowballs. They're throwing snowballs at the Hummer. It turns out the driver of the Hummer is a detective. He gets out. He's waving a walkie talkie. It's not going well. Then he starts waving a gun. He hadn't identified himself at this point. There was a point where things cooled off a bit, more police showed up, and he identified himself at that point. The name was Det. Baylor. My guess was B-A-Y-L-O-R."

well no wonder. his car was getting pelted by snowballs. please tell me you wouldn't be mad. he waved his walkie talkie first, was ignored, then went forhis gun. i don't blame him.

Don't you think a cop should show more restraint? I gotta think he'll be reprimanded by his superiors for pulling out his gun...

I'm sure he was having a stressful day, and the snowball fight was his breaking point. Still doesn't excuse what he did tho...
It's easy to say that as an average citizen. I would have to see more footage to elaborate on the scenario in question....

But I know you've been in, or at least seen, one of those snowball fights where some gets hit in the eye or ear and then everything comes to a hault because everyone KNOWS that crap hurts and it's time to go home before it happens to them. I just don't see why someone who's job is to maintain order should take being assaulted because they are "just" snowballs. All it takes is one piece of ice to have him laid out. Or he could have slipped on ice or anything.

I don't know about the cop or his record, but if he does his job, then the last thing he should have to worry about nursing an eye or an ear or his back or a knee because people were just "having a good time."

Should he have just taken getting hit? Thrown snowballs back? If you're going to criticize his action, then at least say what he should have done. There's a lot that needs to be sorted out, but I'm just playing devil's advocate. I'm not really a big fan of cops, undercover or otherwise. With that said, IF his first course of action was to pull an point, then screw him. If he was trying to get folks to stop and he was getting the business and pull as a final result, then what can you say?

i prob would have shot him if i didnt know he was a cop...
In DC? Really?

Spoiler [+]
I hear everything you are saying, but I still don't get the rationale behind him pulling his gun out. I can understand that maybe he reached his boiling point, but in what scenario(s) are police taught to draw their guns? Can you imagine the public outcry if God forbid someone got shot because of a raucous snowball fight? On top of it all, he WASN'T in uniform. The people who were in the snowball fight were in the wrong for throwing snow at random people (supposedly hitting the cop), and the cop was in the wrong for pulling his gun. If it was that big of a deal, call for backup....in a potentially tense situation, I would expect more restraint from the police. Maybe he was in the right for pulling the gun, I don't know...but I would expect them to show more restraint in a situation in which they have been trained to act.

Same to you. Like I said, I'm just playing devil's advocate for the most part.

Oh yeah, it would have been completely ******ed and very ugly if he had discharged. But there's too many questions and a lot more that happened outside of the 34 seconds of footage we can see. Dude did look like he had lost his cool, but at the same time he looked like an old head who should know how to handle things. Nobody knows right now. So I'm just not judging him without knowing the whole situation.

I just don't know what to say about to the people saying they were just snowballs. Like you've never been hit with ice or seen anyone get hit with ice. If you really haven't, it's not fun and it's not pretty. If he got hit with light fluffy snowballs 4 or 5 times then fine, call him and his mama out of their names. But no one on this board know what he got hit with, where he got hit (on his person), how many times he got hit, or how many warnings he gave. So at least wait until the facts come out to make a judgement.
F*** the police
laugh.gif

And two more things:

1) "Pulling" your gun is NOT "Pointing" your gun. Policemen "pull" guns all the time when approaching vehicles if the driver is moving around or acting suspicious.

2) You don't "pull" when your life is in danger, you "shoot" when your life is in danger. The gun should already be drawn.
This is what JR Paperstacks posted....check it out...

Link

after reading and seeing the pics, the cop was most definitely in the wrong....

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

Pics.
smh.gif

eek.gif

DAAAAAAAMMMMMMNNNNNNN

That officer is #+#+$$!

smh.gif

Dude gets out of the hummer with the .44 in his hand and DIDN'T identify he was a cop??????

That's bad....

Aight cool. If all of that turns out to be true, then this dude is an idiot. I'm pretty sure he could have flashed his badged and got things under control.I just wanted to get more info.

EDIT: Now it seems like he did try to get control of the crowd without the gun first. I'm just going to wait and let everything play out.
laugh.gif

but seriously, 14th and U is a major intersection and these bammas were all in the street.

and trust in these conditions no one would appreciate their car being pelted with snowballs: dents, cracked windshields can happen.

he didn't have to use his gun, but it could have easily been the wrong person's car who would have got out squeezin.

where are the cars? where is the drama? cops be going at life too hard. hes bound to shoot an unarmed guy in the coming months. he should NOT be a cop

F*** the police
laugh.gif

And two more things:

1) "Pulling" your gun is NOT "Pointing" your gun. Policemen "pull" guns all the time when approaching vehicles if the driver is moving around or acting suspicious.

From the story and the pictures it doesn't look too bad.

Apparently, he was driving, and a bunch of people decided to hit his car with snowballs. (It doesn't say a stray snowball, the article makes it sound likesome planned strike
laugh.gif
)

It's not even like he aimed it at anyone.

Seems like simple communication to me. The guy had a gun. Don't throw snowballs at strangers with guns. Everyone's happy.

He wouldn't have tried that in Southeast
laugh.gif

Edit: Looked at the pictures. Dude is dead *#% wrong. You can tell from the pictures he was having trouble walking & holding on to the gun, what if he hadslipped up and it fired and shot somebody. Then what kinda situation you have? First thing plain clothes police officers need to do if effin identifythemselves, I dunno why so many of them seem to forget that, especially when they're strapped.

Like i said though, he wouldn't try that in southeast, he woulda got his *#% shot. I swear black cops are the worst (yeah i said it, and yes i'mblack)

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

He wouldn't have tried that in Southeast
laugh.gif

Edit: Looked at the pictures. Dude is dead *#% wrong. You can tell from the pictures he was having trouble walking & holding on to the gun, what if he had slipped up and it fired and shot somebody. Then what kinda situation you have? First thing plain clothes police officers need to do if effin identify themselves, I dunno why so many of them seem to forget that, especially when they're strapped.

Like i said though, he wouldn't try that in southeast, he woulda got his *#% shot. I swear black cops are the worst (yeah i said it, and yes i'm black)
88b358c6e22ce979b6e3c1c59dbb3becc45f837.jpg

thats his own fault for trying to drive through it...did he get tagged in the face..? cuz im hearing it was only at his car. if it was only at his car heshould have known that was going to happen as huge as that event was. like dude said if he tried to pull that crap in se...the headlines would have read..."dc cop murdered in snowball fight with own gun after attempting to flex his muscle. no suspects at this time"

Back
Top Bottom