DC: Tow Truck Driver Charged with 2nd Degree Murder After Killing Man that Robbed Him

I wish in a perfect scenario that the driver hit the robber enough to knock him out or pin him to the wall/ground

easy.

he hit me on the head and took my money. at that moment i was overwhelmed with fear. i didn't know if he was going to come back and kill me. i got into the truck with the intent to escape but i was afraid that he still had his gun and was going to shoot me so i did what i had to do to protect myself.

not guilty.
THIS. Everything else is stupid.

If people were killed for robbing people, there would be less robberies.

:x thank god I aint die for stealing those bag of chips

man, stop changing it. At that point your life is in the hands of the person you're robbing.

Assuming you took them from a store there is no threat.

But you go and steal a random dude's chips on the street, he doesn't know whether you want his chips, his sneakers, or his life. He just has to make sure he killed you so you can't defend yourself.

complete different situations, both are wrong.

jeez, the amount of you scary *** do gooders in this thread who don understand how the law works is creepy

people in here tryna say that should of been murder because he robber him?

da ****, life goes on, death isnt the answers and damn near most of the answers show just how flawed these anti violence advocates are.

you guys think backwards as ****.

Hopefully the tow truck driver gets off I have no problem with people being killed for tryna take what others work hard for...hopefully the driver is white he will be ok if so..not tryna go race but we all know its true

If he wasnt in DC where you have a duty to retreat the driver would get off easily.

In stand your ground states the fact that the robber had a gun (real or not) and used it to assault the driver was enough for him to legally kill the robber.
Even after he ran to get the wallet. The key here is that the robber had opportunity to inflict bodily harm.
The robber had the opportunity to turn around and shoot the tow truck driver through the windshield, therefore the driver still had the right to neutralize the threat.
It doesnt matter that the gun was fake.

All the driver would have to say is that he was already fearing for his life and as he was trying to drive away he saw the robber turn towards him with the gun.
(Which re-establishes the threat of imminent bodily harm) so he had to use deadly force to neutralize the threat.

Case closed.

Unfortunately for him he wasnt in a stand your ground state, he was in DC. So he will get time.

Laws can either work for you or against you in a lot of ways. So its best to know your rights in the state you live in as well as federal law when it comes to defending yourself.

For me morally it is a little more tricky, because on one hand I feel like robbing someone doesnt warrant their death, but on the other hand I feel like you get what you give in this life. Who knows how many other people he had robbed before. And even if he hadnt robbed anyone else, this incident may have given him more confidence to do it again after getting away with it this time. So if you dont want the tables turned on you dont be out here robbing people.

I we guess all know who the robbers of NT are since they dont wish death on a robber

Last edited:
Call it what you want but I have no remorse for people who arm rob innocent people

If you use a gun to rob someone and get killed in the process then good riddance

Cause while you may not of had intent to kill there's plenty that have killed in those situations

Last edited:
jaysrcrak

you have no ideal what your talking about. Duty to retreat hace nothing to do with this case. Duty to retreat have to do with be fore you get harmed or assualted not AFTER

example I see you at the mall, I approach you get in your face sayong im about to harm you. You have to retreat or atleast try. Now if I happen to harm you such as pustol whip you or make you in fear of life before you retreat then it is fair game.

also duty to retreat dont apply to homes and place of business such as work

learn yo stuff before talking

"""Similarly, some courts have found no duty to retreat exists when a victim is assaulted in a place where the victim has a right to be, such as within one's own home.[1] The Model Penal Code[2] suggests statutory language that also recognizes an exception to the usual duty to retreat when the victim of the attack is in his or her own dwelling or place of work. It is common to exempt a person's home or car from the duty to retreat, known as the castle doctrine."""

Last edited:
It's a sad state of affairs when a man doing an honest days work gets robbed, becomes the victim then stands up for himself and becomes the criminal...of there is evidence ten he should be ok

It reminds me of that law that's days if you get rob at home and you fight back your reaponsoble for the not killing or harming the burglar it's bull

Morally, if a person robs someone with deadly force(fake gun is deadly force), that person should be able to use any means necessary to defend themselves and unless the person robbed was completed out of harm's way and then turned around and went chasing after the robber to kill them, I don't see how the robbery victim could be charged with a crime.

This case is tricky because we don't know the initial distance of the tow truck to the robber. Like did the tow truck driver drive past the exit just to run over the robber when he could have fled? Did the tow truck driver run the robber down from behind?

My hunch is that the tow truck driver ran the robber over from an angle(behind or from the side) that indicated that the tow truck driver went out of his way to run the robber over when he could have fled. That's just because of the fact that they decided to charge the tow truck driver under these circumstances.

jaysrcrak

you have no ideal what your talking about. Duty to retreat hace nothing to do with this case. Duty to retreat have to do with be fore you get harmed or assualted not AFTER

stopped reading right here, bruh you don't what you're talking about

This is the 2nd time i've seen you come into a thread tryna drop some info that you clearly just skimmed 
roll.gif

The duty to retreat basically states that when in a violent confrontation you have to exhaust every means to retreat and deadly force may be used only as a last resort or basically when retreating is not an option

I don't know where you got that **** you posted 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Yeah, this is tricky because it seems like dude ran in the opposite direction from the robber, THEN drove towards where the robber was heading. And most of these tow lots have hella cameras so he might be up a creek without a paddle.

Back
Top Bottom