DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

What happened to HBO Now?

i believe HBO Now is the streaming and HBO Go is what you get from being a subscriber (?)

i doubt HBO Max will be included with a cable subscription though since it'll have a much bigger library including tv shows from cw and other syndicated shows, i believe they got the right to be the only place to stream friends

D_9v13hU8AAK8AK.jpg

D_9v13lVAAADzep.jpg

HBO Now is for people who want to stream but don't want to pay for a cable subscription. HBO Go is the streaming service for people who are HBO cable subscribers. I have DC Universe free until the mid of August. Started watching Titans, looking forward to continuing as well as getting Doom Patrol. Not sure if I'm going to keep streaming.

Watchmen trailer looked good. I just didn't know what the **** was going on
Ozymandias played by Jeremy Irons is older, so it's obviously some kinda sequel.
On an unrelated note, The Boys looks FANTASTIC! Already added to watchlist.

The pilot for the Pennyworth series on Epic was actually pretty good. I dreaded the idea of it being connected to that trash show Gotham and wondered if it'd be like that quality wise.

It came off more like a BBC series. Very British period piece. On point with the villains. Nothing about the dude playing Alfred I think would make fans go in to a rage (I think).

Some of the unintentional humor in this :rofl:

Is dc universe worth it? Noticed it doesn’t have any live action movies besides watchmen

Last edited:
DC Universe has potential with their shows. I just started Doom Patrol, and it's weird as all hell and right up my alley. It's already better than Titans and I'm just on the 2nd episode. I wasn't familiar with the comics and honestly, outside of Batman, I never cared all that much about DC. But this show is like Umbrella Academy meets Legion meets Deadpool. It's absurd and right now, I need absurd **** in my life. Titans is okay but so far Doom Patrol is blowing it out of the water. Brendan Fraser back, the James Bond of my childhood, Timothy Dalton, is in here. Maritza is in this. I don't even think she has powers, she's just a crazy Colombian chick. Only character I was familiar with was Cyborg and I love how he's the straightman in this ridiculous group of misfits.

Last edited:
DC Universe has potential with their shows. I just started Doom Patrol, and it's weird as all hell and right up my alley. It's already better than Titans and I'm just on the 2nd episode. I wasn't familiar with the comics and honestly, outside of Batman, I never cared all that much about DC. But this show is like Umbrella Academy meets Legion meets Deadpool. It's absurd and right now, I need absurd **** in my life. Titans is okay but so far Doom Patrol is blowing it out of the water. Brendan Fraser back, the James Bond of my childhood, Timothy Dalton, is in here. Maritza is in this. I don't even think she has powers, she's just a crazy Colombian chick. Only character I was familiar with was Cyborg and I love how he's the straightman in this ridiculous group of misfits.
Yeah hang on, you're in for a ride. Crazy jane def has powers, a lot of powers.

And damn, RIP Rutger Hauer.

Rutger Hauer, who played William Earle in Batman Begins, passed away last week at the age of 75.

R.I.P.

Rutger_Hauer_Batman_Begins.jpg
O shiiii! Major RIP!
Scary dude! Freaked out my moms in Blade Runner, when I was little.
Recall her calling him "that crazy white man.." 'Cus of his intimidating albino look.
Damn! Memories.

Back
Top Bottom