DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Rumor is Jonah is either Riddler or Penguin -- he may be Riddler imo

Catwoman = Zoe Kravitz
Poison Ivy = Elizabeth Debicki

giphy.gif

The Army issued a warning to its personnel about the possibility of crazed “incel” extremists carrying out mass shootings at upcoming screenings of “Joker,” according to a new report.

Marked “For official use only,” the Sept. 18 e-mail advised service members planning to watch the movie in theaters to “identify two escape routes” and to “run, hide, fight” in the event of a shooting, Gizmodo reported.

“Run if you can,” the message said. “If you’re stuck, hide (also known as ‘sheltering in place’), and stay quiet. If a shooter finds you, fight with whatever you can.”

On Tuesday, the Army confirmed to Gizmodo that it issued the warning in light of alarming social-media posts flagged by the FBI from the “incel” — or “involuntarily celibate” — community of alienated men who feel they have been shunned by society and can’t get dates.

The Army e-mail explained that incels “idolize the Joker character, the violent clown from the Batman series” — an angry loner who turns to violence after too much rejection.

They also like “his depiction as a man who must pretend to be happy but eventually fights back against bullies,” the Army said.

An Army spokesperson said the message was routine.

“We want our workforce to be prepared and diligent on personal safety both inside the workplace and out,” the rep said.

In another memo on Monday, top officials of the Army’s Criminal Investigation Division said it received “credible” intelligence from law enforcement in Texas about “disturbing and very specific chatter” on the dark Web regarding “the targeting of an unknown movie theater during the release.”

The studio behind the flick, Warner Bros., is standing behind the movie, saying in a statement earlier this week that it “does not endorse real-world violence.”

Director Todd Phillips complained that countless other violent Hollywood movies, such as the “John Wick” franchise, weren’t given the same scrutiny.

“The movie still takes place in a fictional world,” he said.

“It can have real-world implications, opinions, but it’s a fictional character in a fictional world that’s been around for 80 years.”

“The one that bugs me more is the toxic white male thing when you go, ‘Oh, I just saw “John Wick 3.” ’ He’s a white male who kills 300 people and everybody’s laughing and hooting and hollering. Why does this movie get held to different standards? It honestly doesn’t make sense to me.

Just like after 9/11, one cannot let fear stop them from doing what they love. I will be there opening weekend to peep the Joker. And besides if I catch one of them white domestic terrorists slipping, then I have a free pass to
giphy.gif
him to my hearts content.

If Jonah gets that, Pattinson should fire his agent immediately. Even then, unless they're getting royalties, seems lowball for a major franchise like Batman.

I just don't trust that Gad can deliver a chilling performance. I think Jonah is at the point where he can do that now effectively.
I could be wrong though
Gad?! Josh Gad? :rofl:

Not over Jonah Hill. Jonah allegedly up for the Riddler though not Penguin.
Adopted daughter could be a thing...Or even not his daughter by blood but by marriage...

Also I’m not sure they’re necessarily planning on expanding things at this point...Their last attempt at a shared universe was horrible, it’s possible that they’re completely content with continuing things as a standalone...So who’s to say that if/when we get a big screen version of Batgirl she’ll be related to this film in any way at all...

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/joke...tended-universe-as-we-knew-it-is-dead-a170696
They (the ppl involved with thw Batman movie) should just focus on expanding Batman. It's their bread and butter. Its ridiculous that the last Batman movie was 2012 :smh:

WB must not like money.

And nah, **** an adoption or step-daughter. You give me a black Commisioner Gordon, give us a black Barbra Gordon Batgirl.
John Wick killed 300 people?
Has to be more 3 movies in.

Damn. Thats worse than Terrance Howard getting paid more than RDJR in Iron Man.

Last edited:
It worked out well for Downey down the road.
Dont think Pattinson has that pull or will virtually become Bruce Wayne/Batman to demand that.

He'll eventually get paid more but if they keep getting movie stars and A-list actors (I count Jonah among that group when it comes to comedy and character acting) the villains may just get paid more than Robert each movie.

Back
Top Bottom