DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

SS. the villian is doing the lambaraina the whole movie.
BvS I just didn't like Afflecks portrayal and they literally fight for 5 minutes the whole movie.

I need a real Flash Point movie where everyone dies. Not a CW flash point version...the animated version.

yeah 50s - 60s i think. Bats has all the older enemies.
Question Mark, Penguini, Rage de la Ghoul, Mr Popsiclez... Not sure
where the "they gotta be the same age" angle came from.

I wanted to add my 2 cents on The Joker movie. Watched it last night...

Masterpiece. Haven't seen such a cinematic art of a movie from the acting to the cinematography to the music, etc. in a long time. I felt like I was watching a documentary and like a psychological character study that made us get into his psyche.

The movie gave me feels until even now I am thinking about it. It taps into our darkest secrets and suffering but also the social commentary on so many topics that we still refuse to discuss. Just like Arthur Fleck who was unseen and unheard until he felt free and finally felt a purpose of his existence when he delved into full blown psychosis. Then society wonders why are things the way they are. Impeccable movie.

this could work as long as its not eisenberg, needs to be ddl or dicaprio

DC Rumored To Be Developing A Lex Luthor Solo Movie

Mikey Sutton, of the Geekosity Facebook group, has claimed that the studio is developing a standalone movie starring Lex. The bold hook of the film, Sutton says, is that Superman wouldn’t exist in this version and would be “pure fiction in this alternate universe.”

Sutton writes that the project will chart Luthor’s journey from “awkward intellectual kid to corrupt wealthy businessman to president of the United States.” He goes on to speculate that it would be R-rated, much like Joker, and feature Lois Lane in a key role. Perhaps as both Lex’s First Lady and “the reporter who brings him down.”

While this remains to be confirmed, We Got This Covered has heard from our own sources that Warner Bros. is starting to develop a few other solo movies for Batman villains, including Two-Face, Mr. Freeze and the Riddler. These would be separate from the DCEU with all-new actors, much like Joker. So, don’t expect Jesse Eisenberg to return if this talk of a Lex Luthor movie is on the money.

I see WB dipping into their own pool. That dude playing Black Manta. He's in the new Matrix.
I don't know, outside the costume, he was a bit... Wooden.
I'm worried.

I see WB dipping into their own pool. That dude playing Black Manta. He's in the new Matrix.
I don't know, outside the costume, he was a bit... Wooden.
I'm worried.

at the end of the day its the directors pick and its not like dude is a giant star in the making for wb to force the director to pick dude

Aight Zik. You ma boy so imma leave it there. But I will agree that the massive scale of destruction isn't everybody's cup of tea. But for me after that snooze fest called Superman Returns, MOS was a refreshing change of pace and direction.
I get that but the extreme opposite wasn't necessarily the right way to go. The movie ended up with too many questionable and controversial scenes and choices that should not be a part of Superman's lore.
for me i don't mind destruction but the whole tone and mood just didn't feel like Clark Kent/Superman. Felt more like a Batman film.
Well yes, that was also a main contention with the movie. Snyder turned Superman in to some mopey emo brooding killer. Its not a different take where he makes Super edgy its just copying Batman. It became even more clear he wanted to just direct a Batman movie in BvS.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Disappointed in Scorsese for his comments. They come off as elitist in an art platform that should be all about progression. Everyone has an opinion, like I could say Spielberg did more for the art of cinema than Scorsese. And I’m kinda right. But like Scorsese’s comments there are some things you just don’t say.

Disappointed in Scorsese for his comments. They come off as elitist in an art platform that should be all about progression. Everyone has an opinion, like I could say Spielberg did more for the art of cinema than Scorsese. And I’m kinda right. But like Scorsese’s comments there are some things you just don’t say.

He's got a movie coming out with limited availability and then a Netflix launch. Hollywood cats generally don't step on each others' toes so I'd venture that he's generating buzz/hype.

He's got a movie coming out with limited availability and then a Netflix launch. Hollywood cats generally don't step on each others' toes so I'd venture that he's generating buzz/hype.

I’m surprised no one has asked Scorsese about Spielberg and Nolan’s thoughts toward Netflix films....

I just think it’s funny that The Departed (one of my favorite films) wasn’t even original and was a copy of that Internal Affairs film.

As someone said, think it was one of the double toasted guys, guarantee same thing was said of his movies at 1 point

given how controversial Sam peckinpah films were at one point and how spaghetti western were viewed, guys like him and Tarantino would be super duper hypocritical to view something in that manner

Superman Returns movie put me to sleep but the video game had me hype as **** till they canceled the PS3 version. Good thing though cause my boy played it on Xbox and it was entertaining for about an hour. Can only fight so many tornadoes

Movie was incredible. That's what cinema is folks.

Joker had them dance moves. His confidence was on a trillion when he came out on the Murray show.

Back
Top Bottom