DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Jared Leto's Joker wasn't bad at all. I actually liked the take on him. Felt like everyone did when we all saw the "Im gonna hurt you really really bad" trailer. Plus, Leto has that illustrious academy award that Joaquin has been chasing for a while. So does Ledger....so does Nicholson....Now it makes sense to me why I feel Joaquin is the "worst" film Joker >D

I liked Leto's interpretation of the Joker. Even though he wasn't given the proper amount of time to make an impact. I hope he gets another chance to fully display what he can do with the character. Imo I have yet to see anyone do a terrible job at portraying the joker. I can appreciate all versions of him.

Last edited:
Jared Leto's Joker is the worst take on Joker. Straight basura, hot trash, bull****. I know they were running with the "his scenes got cut" excuse. That was cute but trust me, that was a positive. I needed even less Leto Joker than what was shown in Suicide Squad. I want to see Joaquin's Joker kill Leto's Joker, real talk.

its hard to blame leto because he can only work with what he was given and as stated up top, many almost forgave the dumb face tattoo from the trailers because it looks like dude was gon' be a bad*ss but then SS happened

i am sure you give phoenixs' version to leto and he'd kill it too

I actually didn’t mind the whole gangster joker from Leto. Joker can be anything and everything. He just didn’t get enough on screen time to show it. It was just cameos pretty much
This. “The Joker” is the perfect canvas to tell a variety of stories. We’ve gotten great anarchist joker, great troubled/demented joker now. No reason we can’t get a great gangsta joker with proper directing, writing and acting. Leto’s joker didn’t get that maybe one day we will I’d love to see it.

its hard to blame leto because he can only work with what he was given and as stated up top, many almost forgave the dumb face tattoo from the trailers because it looks like dude was gon' be a bad*ss but then SS happened

i am sure you give phoenixs' version to leto and he'd kill it too
I’m with the whole giving letos joker a shot and thought it was going to be a good take seeing this kind of joker. I wouldn’t say put Leto in phoenixs place and he’d kill it though, specially if you’ve seen phoenix do it first. I don’t think a trailer got me more stoked and fooled then that SS trailer. Sucks

i think he could do as well as joaquin because dude is also a method actor

mannerisms and movements gon be different but he'd do well in it, plus dude has no issues with going super skinny either and committing to his craft, dude was sending rats and dead animals to his costars to get into the joker character :lol:

Jared Leto's Joker is the worst take on Joker. Straight basura, hot trash, bull****. I know they were running with the "his scenes got cut" excuse. That was cute but trust me, that was a positive. I needed even less Leto Joker than what was shown in Suicide Squad. I want to see Joaquin's Joker kill Leto's Joker, real talk.

Brah, Joaquin's joker would get murdered by leto's joker. We really comparing a joker who's only significant kill was against a old talk show host, against a joker who killed Robin? There is no comparison.

Brah, Joaquin's joker would get murdered by leto's joker. We really comparing a joker who's only significant kill was against a old talk show host, against a joker who killed Robin? There is no comparison.

Joaquin's Joker is presumably Joker in his early stages. Once he becomes a full fledged Joker, he'll wipe the floor with that Saints Row character.

Leto was barely in Suicide Squad. His appearances were glorified cameos. :lol:

they unfortunately tried to rip off that aspect of assault on Arkham, without doing it well

But I hope the multiple joker theory ends up playing out.. so let’s say the powers that be try to bury this guy from the 80s but there’s an urban legend and you end up with bad ones (Leto) and good ones (ledger)

agreed. But regardless Jared Leto’s Joker is the best one yet

giphy.gif

Joaquin's Joker is presumably Joker in his early stages. Once he becomes a full fledged Joker, he'll wipe the floor with that Saints Row character.
People missing this point clearly. There's really no need to debate those that weren't able to comprehend the setting
and the reasoning. All good though.

I wouldn't even call Leto's Joker a Gangster Joker. I call it a Saints-Row-Customized-Player Joker. He literally looks like a customizable character in Saints Row.

loll I fell you. But that’s why I’m saying the concept just gotta be exeuected right. Done right it could be a great menacing gangsta joker. Done wrong we get saints row create a character :lol:

I mean heath’s joker was gangster thou.. dude was really a combo of a number of aspects of the character.. but dude really was rolling up on dudes and putting them in check

Jared’s joker just seemed like a white dude with money trying to be something.. and being a simp ultimately

Back
Top Bottom