DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

So many streaming services oh what should I do....

2AE6290C-3794-49A5-8B45-64277DB554AB.gif

GREEN LANTERN And STRANGE ADVENTURES Live-Action TV Shows In The Works For HBO Max

Exciting news for Green Lantern fans here, as it's just been announced that a live-action TV series based on the popular DC Comics hero is being developed for HBO Max.

The show will be produced by Greg Berlanti, who actually co-wrote the much maligned GLmovie starring Ryan Reynolds back in 2011. The prolific DC TV producer will also work on a new Strange Adventures anthology series for the streaming service.

"Both of these original DC properties we’ll be creating for HBO Max will be unlike anything seen on television,” said Berlanti. "An anthology series of cautionary tales set in a world where superpowers exist, and, in what promises to be our biggest DC show ever made, we will be going to space with a Green Lantern television series, but I can’t reveal any more about that just yet."

All additional details for Green Lantern - including which member of The Corps the show will focus on - are indeed under wraps for the time being, but we do know that Strange Adventures will feature characters from the DC Comics Universe and "explore closed-ended morality tales about the intersecting lives of mortals and superhumans."

1572412073311.jpeg

DC SUPER HERO HIGH Comedy Series From CHARLIE'S ANGELS Director Elizabeth Banks Coming To HBO Max

In addition to Green Lantern and Strange Adventures, HBO Max has given a series order toDC Super Hero High, a new live-action comedy series from Charlie's Angels director Elizabeth Banks.

The half-hour show will focus on a group of teenagers attending a boarding school for gifted children. The young heroes and villains are "just trying to navigate the pressures of high school, but none of them realize that someday they will become legendary DC Super Heroes."

I’d rather they did a **** Grayson show..

imagine all the aspects they could touch on in a round about way

he’s practically the lead in the titans show and hbo max is likely to absorb dcu streaming and/or expand to a solo outing later I guess

GREEN LANTERN And STRANGE ADVENTURES Live-Action TV Shows In The Works For HBO Max

Exciting news for Green Lantern fans here, as it's just been announced that a live-action TV series based on the popular DC Comics hero is being developed for HBO Max.

The show will be produced by Greg Berlanti, who actually co-wrote the much maligned GLmovie starring Ryan Reynolds back in 2011. The prolific DC TV producer will also work on a new Strange Adventures anthology series for the streaming service.

"Both of these original DC properties we’ll be creating for HBO Max will be unlike anything seen on television,” said Berlanti. "An anthology series of cautionary tales set in a world where superpowers exist, and, in what promises to be our biggest DC show ever made, we will be going to space with a Green Lantern television series, but I can’t reveal any more about that just yet."

All additional details for Green Lantern - including which member of The Corps the show will focus on - are indeed under wraps for the time being, but we do know that Strange Adventures will feature characters from the DC Comics Universe and "explore closed-ended morality tales about the intersecting lives of mortals and superhumans."

1572412073311.jpeg
The budget better be on point.

I dont really trust Greg with this but w/e he's like there most successful tv guy that doesnt make anything as bad as thenmovies quality wise. My problem is all his CW shows have fallen off so far except for 1 and Batwoman so far is like one notch above Supergirl.

Last edited:
he’s practically the lead in the titans show and hbo max is likely to absorb dcu streaming and/or expand to a solo outing later I guess

nah.. I’m talking dude’s story but from his point of view of things.. death of his family, being adopted by Bruce, being robin, the fallout, nightwing

but I don’t watch titans to even know if it’s good.. but could easily see how they could piggyback off say Jon snow’s story

The budget better be on point.

I dont really trust Greg with this but w/e he's loke there most successful tv guy that doesnt make anything as bad as thenmovies quality wise. My problem is all his CW shows have fallen off so far except for 1 and Batwoman so far is like one notch above Supergirl.

I think it’ll be better if they do not have to make 20+ episodes per season, CS shows are still decent if they condense it and remove filler episodes and get to the point, if they go hbo-sequel route of short seasons then i think it can be good

NEW GODS Director Ava DuVernay To Helm DMZ DC Comics Pilot Episode For HBO Max

Coming off a huge Emmy win for When They See Us, Ava DuVernay has been tapped to helm an adaptation of Brian Wood and Riccardo Burchielli's 2005 DC Vertigo comic series, DMZ.

DuVernay, who is also working on a New Gods movie for Warner Bros., will direct the project with showrunner and Executive Producer Roberto Patino on board as writer.

“DMZ is a special project to me as it marks a key collaboration with my company Array Filmworks, the excellent team at Warner Bros TV and the dynamo Roberto Patino,” DuVernay told Deadline. “We’ve all worked diligently on this material, and I’ve witnessed Roberto in action. He’s insanely talented and cares about telling stories with maximum impact and imagination. I’m eager to share this one with DC fans.”

The comic is set in the near future, where a Second American Civil War has turned the island of Manhattan into a demilitarized zone (DMZ), caught between forces of the United States of America and secessionist Free States of America. This take on the material will focus on a female medic who is "trying day-in and day-out to help keep residents alive while trying to also find her lost son. In the process, that determined medic proves a source of hope in an America that has lost all sense of the idea."

DMZ is scheduled to go into production early next year.

DuVernay is a goofy broad for trying to tongue in cheek jump on the criticize Marvel as not being real cinema bandwagon when her only quality as a director is being able to regurgitate non fictional stories in the black community on film. How quick she forgot about having to humble herself for turning down Black Panther cause she couldn’t have her vision for the film only to turn around and rodeo Ryan Coogler’s shaft once Black Panther became one of the biggest cultural celebrations in world history. Lost a ton of respect for her.

6B2E8B0D-93B6-4B31-8887-32B85EEBDD3F.jpeg

DuVernay is a goofy broad for trying to tongue in cheek jump on the criticize Marvel as not being real cinema bandwagon when her only quality as a director is being able to regurgitate non fictional stories in the black community on film. How quick she forgot about having to humble herself for turning down Black Panther cause she couldn’t have her vision for the film only to turn around and rodeo Ryan Coogler’s shaft once Black Panther became one of the biggest cultural celebrations in world history. Lost a ton of respect for her.

6B2E8B0D-93B6-4B31-8887-32B85EEBDD3F.jpeg

Yea marvel is the big easy target.. but theyre taking bullets really for the crap CBMs that are getting green lit because of studios trying to capture and failing at what the MCU has done

as someone about to be in the DC whatever, they/Warner bros/whomever alone with the previous fox and Sony have been a huge part of the problem

they(dc) should be looking at marvel and actually developing their characters instead of trying to compete and/or beat them to the punch on things

Yea marvel is the big easy target.. but theyre taking bullets really for the crap CBMs that are getting green lit because of studios trying to capture and failing at what the MCU has done

as someone about to be in the DC whatever, they/Warner bros/whomever alone with the previous fox and Sony have been a huge part of the problem

they(dc) should be looking at marvel and actually developing their characters instead of trying to compete and/or beat them to the punch on things

It’s the lack of respect that is jarring. You would think filmmaking would be a type of fraternity/sorority in this day and age with how much cinema has intertwined with pop culture especially with CBM’s. And it’s 99% off of the muscle of Marvel taking smart risk with tried and true characters and modernizing them to speak to the times. Goofies wanna celebrate Joker cause it spoke to mental health when Iron Man was running out of an Applebee’s with PTSD 6 years ago. There is no appreciation for the nuanced and ironically the small details is what put them in the position of power today. DC still hasn’t figured it out yet and with bozo’s like Ava perpetuating a non sensical “beef” while representing DC, they won’t anytime soon.

It’s the lack of respect that is jarring. You would think filmmaking would be a type of fraternity/sorority in this day and age with how much cinema has intertwined with pop culture especially with CBM’s. And it’s 99% off of the muscle of Marvel taking smart risk with tried and true characters and modernizing them to speak to the times. Goofies wanna celebrate Joker cause it spoke to mental health when Iron Man was running out of an Applebee’s with PTSD 6 years ago. There is no appreciation for the nuanced and ironically the small details is what put them in the position of power today. DC still hasn’t figured it out yet and with bozo’s like Ava perpetuating a non sensical “beef” while representing DC, they won’t anytime soon.

We all know how stacked things were against that first ironman and marvel at that point and they made it work

that was also the most realistic of probably all the superhero movies to date.. it is possible to think of someone’s greedy partner trying to kill them.. also possible to think someone would create something

but DC/WB have BEEN fumbling the bag even though they should have seen how popular certain things were like ‘89 Batman and BTAS.. but still those choose to go certain other routes.. you even see it now with the Batman LEGO movie vs some of the crap out the DCEU and obviously the animated movies.. they have the ability and the characters and IP to do the work, but they don’t

But you get what you put into it, nothing that has come out really surprises me when I look at the history of those involved

What a strange excuse for a trash movie. Might as well have said I had no interest in the Suicide Squad or making an actual SS movie.

What a strange excuse for a trash movie. Might as well have said I had no interest in the Suicide Squad or making an actual SS movie.

I mean sure studio could have been involved in making things worse than they were

but given what we saw things were still pretty bad

like I mean there are movies where you can filter out crap and/or make some simple changes and get a pretty decent movies with just simply doing better in couple areas (looking at you IM2 or TDKRs to keep it DC related)

WB/DC should launch HBO Max by offering the Snyder Cut as a selling point for this subscription service. Hell, i'd subscribe if they were offering it.

they need to just let that die..

snyder needs to go make a mortal kombat movie

and DC just needs to focus on actually developing their characters

hbo max should cut the sub cost, $15 when you got disney+ at $7 is just gon' kill that service, it might be more reasonable if they merge with dcu and the slate of online comic books you can read but that is still a lot especially after disney+ offered ~$4 a month if you sub for 3 yrs and then if you have verizon then you get another extra year free? i am pretty much paying ~$3/mon for the next 4 yrs

Back
Top Bottom