DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

So is Shazam a success for DC?

Ima see it next in a couple days
I’d say so. It’ll probably end up grossing ~400 million on a $100 million budget and that’s a relatively unknown super hero character, starring Zachary Levi and a family film to boot.

It also had great reviews which is something DC needs at this point

You can basically compare Shazam to Into the Spiderverse. Both films will be seen as a success

Yea but not tonight tho. It’ll be cringeworthy, 10 years go by and they changed the actress who plays Selina for an older version but don’t change the actor who plays Bruce. Smfh
That sounds incredibly stupid.

Dont watch the show cuz it's trash though.

i really hope DC learns the right things from end game..

MCU built up something over the course of 21 movies and you legit care when shh was happening.. nothing is stopping them from doing the same thing, well except themselves

Yea, tried to be slick and did a shortcut. I actually want Bats and supes to flourish like cap and IM

MCU built up something over the course of 21 movies and you legit care when shh was happening.. nothing is stopping them from doing the same thing, well except themselves
Brah, how many times are yall gonna repeat this??? We get it, DC tried to take shortcuts and it didn't work out for them. Yall gotta let this go.

Eh the vast majority of those movies weren’t even good to me so I don’t agree with that approach of dragging things out for 10 years. So I’d rather they not do all of that.

DC doesn't even really have a cinematic universe at this point anyway. It's a moot point. Their Batman and Superman are gone and not coming back anytime soon. And if they do it's difficult to connect with these major characters with a sudden recast. Imagine RDJ or Chris Evans being recast 6 years into the MCU.

They had their chance and they ****ed it up. They should just keep making random movies like they've been doing.

Eh the vast majority of those movies weren’t even good to me so I don’t agree with that approach of dragging things out for 10 years. So I’d rather they not do all of that.

You’d rather they not develop their characters, so when you have 2 to of the lead characters go at it it actually makes sense?

Unless you’re cool with how BVS went down

You’d rather they not develop their characters, so when you have 2 to of the lead characters go at it it actually makes sense?

Unless you’re cool with how BVS went down
I don’t need 2 bad Thor movies that serve no purpose. Even tho I liked Antman his movies were of no consequence to anything. Dr strange? I can do without. BVS being stupid didn’t have anything to do with no buildup, it was just a stupid premise and a poor script.

You don’t need 3 movies to develop a character.

You don’t need 3 movies to develop a character.

maybe you do.. they tried to go way 1 with thor 1.. and then another with thor 2.. and they figured out something in thor 3

Even tho I liked Antman his movies were of no consequence to anything. .

you may want to watch end game and see the role hank pym's work plays in the film.. along with scott

Dr strange? I can do without.

he kinda plays a big role in infinity war and his fingerprints are felt throughout end game

Asked this in a couple threads and no response yet but going to the movies today and have to decided between Shazam and Captain Marvel. What you guys think was better? I'm pretty invested in the MCU so I feel like I should watch Captain Marvel but if it's not too essential to Endgame's plot and if Shazam is a better movie I'd rather go for the better watch.

Neither of these movies wowed me but Shazam was more engaging and I felt more connected to the characters. Also it was funnier.

vlcsnap-2018-07-25-03h27m07s948.png

vlcsnap-2018-07-25-03h28m40s909.png

Back
Top Bottom