DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Aquaman was terrible all around.
Terrible acting with corny *** lines.
As bad as the Green Lantern but I actually enjoyed that more.

Worst superhero movie ive seen man it beats the hulk and green lantern

Wow.

:lol: @ refusing to actually show Batman.

I thought Robin was killing now too. What's the (real) beef?

robin wasn't killing, just maiming :lol:

he tells the titans in a later episode not to kill

i barely halfway through the series but i wouldn't be surprised if that wasnt the real batman, could be robins fears manifested by ravens power?

robin wasn't killing, just maiming :lol:

he tells the titans in a later episode not to kill

i barely halfway through the series but i wouldn't be surprised if that wasnt the real batman, could be robins fears manifested by ravens power?
Oh ok think after trying again I just stopped after ep 3.

Maybe it's Azrael and not Bruce.

should have been like this from the beginning since they do not have much content

Future Animated DC Films Will Be Available To Stream On "DC Universe" From The Day Of Their Release

The upcoming DC Universe streaming service will not only play host to original live-action series like Titans and Swamp Thing, as well as animated entries like Harley Quinn and Young Justice: Outsiders, but also feature all future animated DC films.

DC have announced that future animated films will not only be available on the streaming service, but their availability will begin on the same day as their home and/or theatrical release. That is to say that the upcoming Reign of the Supermen animated film, which will release on Blu-ray and DVD on January 29th, will also arrive on the streaming service on that date.

2019 will also see the release of two more animated DC films - those being Justice League vs The Fatal Five and Batman: Hush.

There was an Aquaman screening at my local AMC tonight. I was heading in to see Into the Spiderverse and noticed people dressed kinda nice and then see Ray Fisher and Jason Mamoa's cousin (I think its his cousin and also bodyguard) chopping it up. Mad security in there too, looked more like a private screening than a Hollywood thing because there wasn't any press but looked like there were important people in front of me lol.

I'm attending the Amazon Prime screening at the same theater later tonight, was hoping to see Wan or Mamoa come out say whats up, but they were already there last night, but here's hoping.

Superman was released in theaters forty years ago today.

MV5BMzA0YWMwMTUtMTVhNC00NjRkLWE2ZTgtOWEzNjJhYzNiMTlkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc1NTYyMjg@._V1_.jpg

Aquaman was entertaining. Definitely felt kinda long. I think a review said it was a mixture of a bunch of movies and it seemed like it. Was like a fantasy movie and an adventure / uncharted / indiana jones mix and some other stuff. A good action movie. You kinda forget how murky the damn ocean water is, tons of cgi but in dark water was kinda meh. Nicole Kidman was looking good and Meera bae was looking damn good.

Aquaman was...fine. Probably the second or third best DC film behind Wonder Woman and maybe Man of Steel. A lot of exposition, CGI was iffy. The big battle underwater and final fight between Arthur and Orm were good. I didn't expect them to travel so much either. :lol:

I expect big things from Manta in the future.

momoabro said cavill told him he is not leaving the superman role...

...with that said, it might not be up to him if wb wants a soft reboot with someone else so we'll see

What you said, but its nice he actually wants to play Superman, after all the negativity associated with his iteration I figured he would say **** it and leave
All because he didn't like Aquaman....toxic fan wished cancer on his mother....

This reminds me of that story with one of the Star Wars prequels and the guy who played young Vader assaulted some crazy fan who tried to attack because he thought he ruined the character at some convention or event. I think I may have heard about it on NT but yeah some of these fans are nuts. I dont think anyone wants to make a horrible movie and while you may be emotionally invested in these characters and have grown up with them. You got to remember these films/remakes aren't nothing but new interpretations. You can criticize it but no need to disrespect the people involved

aquaman is a perfectly solid action flick

some of the jokes didn't land but aquabro being such a bro, it kind of works in a cheesy way, plus it was far and few in between

pretty predictable too since it is a simple, linear story but it works for this "origin" film

cgi-fest didn't bother me much and i loved the cinematography of the underwater cities

costumes were sick though, we've all seen aquaman and wetmera but

ocean master with the purple suit and mask looks great, really dig it that they are just going with comic accurate looks

Really enjoyed Wan's direction here and glad he got to add some horror elements with the Trench scenes. Third act was very very enjoyable for me, I usually get fatigued (not literally) by then.

Aquaman was...fine. Probably the second or third best DC film behind Wonder Woman and maybe Man of Steel. A lot of exposition, CGI was iffy. The big battle underwater and final fight between Arthur and Orm were good. I didn't expect them to travel so much either. :lol:

I expect big things from Manta in the future.
I don't think very highly of MoS so this post is not exactly a ringing endorsement to me. Lol

This movie better be better than MoS or I will have wasted my time.

I don't think very highly of MoS so this post is not exactly a ringing endorsement to me. Lol

Like I said, it's a fine movie. If someone said Aquaman was better than MoS, I'm not going to be mad.

Did anyone else not like the slow mo and action shots (such as the attack on the lighthouse and Sicily)?

Aquaman was ok. Kept falling asleep towards the end tho cuz I was really tired. Luckily there was an explosion like every 10 minutes or so in the movie lol.

Aquaman was a good action flick with nice CGI, visually, and cool fight scenes. My couple complaints were Black Manta and the main storyline were... completely separate, could have been its own movie. Black Mantas costume didn't transfer well from the comics either. The moments that were supposed to be funny were more corny to me, while many Marvel moves are legit fun/funny. Overall, a step in the right direction for DC, could have been better, but I'll put it behind Wonderwoman

Definitely not better than MOS. It's either at the same level or a little below

The way y'all talking about these DC movies reminds me of all comic book movies in the early 2000s. We took what was the best of the time and praised but not many were truly great or they havent held up the best. From Catwoman and Elektra to Spider-Man 2 and The Dark Knight

Its like DC is starting from far behind :lol:

Aquaman was ok. Kept falling asleep towards the end tho cuz I was really tired. Luckily there was an explosion like every 10 minutes or so in the movie lol.
Oh wow.

Somebody, anybody come save DC movies.

Back
Top Bottom