DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Any mid/after credit scenes?
Yep, one.
Black Manta is passed out but saved by some sailors after the fight with Aquaman in Sicily. Manta wakes up and Dr. Shin (Randall Park) asks him to help find Atlantis. But Manta says only if he helps him find Aquaman.

'Aquaman' Sees Success in Foreign Waters

Aquaman has just hit the $261 million USD mark over the weekend; all contributed by international moviegoers. China was the biggest market with $189.2 million USD since opening ($100 million USD on opening weekend), while Mexico raked in $7.9 million USD on opening weekend, followed by Brazil ($7.7 million USD), Russia ($7.4 million USD), and then the United Kingdom ($6.5 million USD).

The Aquaman title has also helped propel the DC Extended Universe franchise past the $4 billion USD mark in terms of worldwide box office earnings — trailing Marvel Studios’ $6.8 billion USD total.

Aquaman was pretty dope to me. Caught it in 4DX and had a great time. Some cheesy lines here and there but whatever, nothing I couldn’t look past. Didn’t particularly care for the way Mera was written. I’d have to put it behind Wonder Woman as the second best DC movie. Ready for more Black Manta in the sequel.

STARGIRL Casts Injustice Society Members Tigress, Sportsmaster And Dragon King

According to Deadline, Joy Osmanski, Neil Hopkins and Nelson Lee have the upcoming DC Universe show as Tigress, Sportsmaster and Dragon King, respectively.

Get a look at the actors and find out more about the small-screen incarnations of the characters they'll be plating down below.

Joy Osmanski As Tigress
YyR670Jl_o.jpg

Osmanski can currently be seen on Netflix’s The Santa Clarita Diet, but she has also guest-starred on the likes of iZombie, Younger and Lucifer.

Her take on Tigress, a.k.a. Paula Brooks, is described as a lethal criminal who protects and provides for her family by "hunting the world’s most dangerous game – humans."
Neil Hopkins As Sportsmaster

Neil Hopkins (Matador, Lost) will portray Lawrence “Crusher” Crock, a.k.a. the Sportsmaster.

This longtime for of the JSA "sees his criminal pursuits as a game to win — and his competitors as targets to kill. The only thing more important to Crock than ‘the game’ is his family.”
Nelson Lee As Dragon King

Finally, we have Nelson Lee (Mulan, Oz, Sneaky Pete) as the mysterious criminal mastermind known as Dragon King.

This villain is described in the official series notes as “a deadly and mysterious hooded man…this controversial scientist has been experimenting on himself and his victims since the 1940s.”

My goodness this movie was all over the place. Wan went for a super cheesy and campy tone which i was alright with for the most part, but some scenes turned on the corn to a level that i could not stomach.

I enjoyed most of the underwater Lion King stuff, but the Aladdin treasure hunt in the middle had some of the worst scenes I've seen in any comic book movie. Mamoaman can not do romantic comedy at all :lol:

Overall I'd say this was a 5/8

The IMAX 3D was actually pretty good. All the underwater scenes were filmed with the expanded ratio and looked fantastic.

Mid-credits
I thought it was a complete waste of a scene. If they were just gonna tease Black Manta again, then they shouldnt have had him fight in the middle. He didnt do anything but get blown up like a dweeb anyway word to Boba Fett. Should have just had him in the beginning and then keep him away till the end where he finds the prototype armor and save him for the sequel.

I'm expecting FF level with aquaman.. so I expect some to either love it or not care for it, but at least it'll be self aware

Which seems to be what has been said inthe reviews I've watched

Aquaman not supposed to be cheesy? Lol

Glad Wan embraced it... They need to work on the dialogues on the next one tho :lol:

Got tix for me & my son to see the flick tonight. Gotta support my fellow Asian brethren getting to direct a movie this big.

Tonight marks the beginning of an awesome Christmas break... Don't have to go back to work until Wednesday January 2nd!!!

Happy Holidays NT!!!

Back
Top Bottom