DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

why would an R rated version being shown in theaters necessarily make them more money?

the most I would do if an R rated version was released anywhere is wait for it to be available for download and just watch it eventually there

and even that I would just wait for someone online to detail how much difference the R rating actually made

Last edited:
Dropping the R rated version would be a desperation move and would indicate how upset WB were with the release of the movie. The movie will break even at the BO, but I'm sure they made some decent money on the merchandising too...and even though it is a BvS movie, the whole point of the movie was the Dawn of Justice part and I think they did a good job of hinting towards JL and giving you hope for future DC movies.

But I happen to like BvS, so hell yeah I'll drop some money to see a directors cut in theaters. Don't see it happening with Jungle Book coming out this week and then CW coming out shortly after that...

Love how they dropped the news of Affleck directing and starring in the Batman movie the day Marvel drops the Doctor Strange trailer 
laugh.gif

why would an R rated version being shown in theaters necessarily make them more money?
There are enough fans of the 3 icons that it would make a decent amount of money 
An r-rated version isn't going to make me spend money to watch that movie again.
I'm sure the critics and people that disliked the movie initially will never be swayed.

Myself and others that enjoyed the film will be there the first night; (if this releases) money in hand.

I know everyone does the petition these days but there was a petition to release the r-rated version to the theaters. I think it's like 500 signees short for it to actually be sent out to WB and other distributions agencies though.

I would definitely watch the directors cut but 2 things bother me:

An R-rated Batman and Superman movie is a strange concept. These are two iconic heroes that kids love. Seems selfish to make it rated R :lol:

If this works and makes the money they want, I bet it becomes way more common. Releasing a rushed studio version then coming back a few months later and being like "no wait this is actually the film we wanted to make". Kinda like video games being incomplete on release date until the patch comes a couple weeks later.

You guys spend hours a week on this movie. Let's not pretend you wouldn't waste 3 hours watching the directors cut to find more plot holes
laugh.gif
Wasting time at work isn't the same as wasting money
I'm more concerned about the DC movies going forward.. I'm past this movie other than how it impacts the other movies, there is zero need for me to see it again

like with transformers/TNMT, aint no way in hell I'm spending money to see either of those.. that wont stop me from talking about them and what could be and what I would like to see

and as amel223 said, it's killing time at work

Last edited:
You guys spend hours a week on this movie. Let's not pretend you wouldn't waste 3 hours watching the directors cut to find more plot holes :lol:

Good point or maybe they just lie about seeing the movie so that they can be justified in bashing it

Currently watching it on Kodi.

It's okay.

Marvel movies are leagues better.

Last edited:
I would definitely watch the directors cut but 2 things bother me:

An R-rated Batman and Superman movie is a strange concept. These are two iconic heroes that kids love. Seems selfish to make it rated R :lol:

Parents give no dambs these days. I remember watching ted in theatres and there were tons of kids like ages 9 and under

I bet you could find pre teen girls bragging about watching magic mike on twitter

Only parents that care is the religious folks and they wont let their kids see batman anyways just veggietales and garbage like it

You guys spend hours a week on this movie. Let's not pretend you wouldn't waste 3 hours watching the directors cut to find more plot holes :lol:

Good point or maybe they just lie about seeing the movie so that they can be justified in bashing it

Lol you know that's not true with the amount of details posted in all the negative reviews in this thread

The one thing that I gathered from the amount of dialogue in this thread is that either 1. A lot of you are truly passionate about comic books and comic book movies or 2. Some of you just dislike this movie on a grand scale.

BvS obviously had flaws, but it wasn't that bad IMO.

I assume Ben is writing it as well but I'm sure it'll go through drafts and rewrites by somebody else.

If not this would be like his first movie he's written, directed, and starred in.

He didnt do all that with good will hunting?
He wrote it with Matt and some other guy and he definitely wasn't in the starring role. Also Gus Van Sant directed that.

It has to be a prequel

Cant see a stand alone mixing with the jl movies

Still gotta shoehorn in Green Lantern Corps, Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow, Hawkman, and Atom :lol:
As of right now seems like the movie has no plans for everybody you mentioned after the GLC :lol: :smh:

GL might show up in JL pt.2 and won't get a movie until 2020 or later

Last edited:
Michael Keaton is in talks to play the villian in Spider-Man Homecoming.

Marvel acting in retaliation because DC took JK Simmons :lol:

Still reading through the thread and I'm not gonna lie, some of the nitpicks are bat**** insane
laugh.gif
, but some of ya'll sensitive I swear. Just ignore each other.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom